An assignment or challenge for all BB members

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But is that not what you do when you get "confrontational" with your false churches/false teachers/false prophets?

2. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

If you only had a brain. Anyways when one debates universalists as I am at this time I Am reading books that go back to church history and show that universalism came from Origen and his platonic philosophy and was NOT a view held by the reformers, aquinas, Calvin, Luther, etc.. I could not get that by reading my bible as I need church history from BOOKS!!!

3. gigabyte71 Member

These questions are not meant to offend, they are serious questions that you have left me wondering with all you post..

1. Does this mean that you believe Church history has the power and authority than the Bible?
    2. By your own account, you have never read the entire Bible. How can you make a defense of the Scriptures without a good working knowledge of the whole?
    3. You seem to think the Jonah's message was to REPENT, but I don't recall his message being such. His message was death and destruction was coming, I don't recall him recommending that the people repent. Do you?
    4. Why is your response to anyone that questions what you believe either ignore them, ask them something completely different, or resort to other baser attacks?
    5. Are you literally so clueless that you can't see people on here are offering you good, sound, Biblical advice, yet you attack their advice?
    6. Which are you? 'Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you.' ~ Proverbs 9:8 (ESV)
    7. You seem to think that your way is the only way, but Paul taught that he became all things to all men that he might win some. Are you become all things to all men, that you might win some? (NO NEED TO ANSWER, SOMETHING FOR YOU TO THINK ABOUT)
      'For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them. To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.' 1 Cor. 9:19-23 (ESV)

4. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this your way of being "confrontational"? Insuling the intelligence of the person who you are trying to persuade is a poor debate tactic.

So you cannot make a Scriptural argument based upon Scripture alone?

5. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gigabyte- Many others have tried to help this young man, to no avail. He does not want help. It is good of you to try though.

6. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Of coarse I can!!!!! I got loads of scripture on Hell and it's what I use when I send letters. But this one fellow refuses to hear them so I went to church history. Still the same old excuse so he obviously has an agenda.

7. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I don't recall I ever asked for your help did I????

8. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I also am not trying to persuade you. I know you are set in your ways and refuse to hear another argument other from your own lips.

9. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you also insult him by questioning his intelligence?

10. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many times have you started threads asking for advice?

11. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, ITL. Thought about listing some, but a pain to do all that on my phone.

14. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you figured since Gods infallible word and is the power of bringing people to salvation (Rom 10:14-17) did not work on your time table that you would abandoned the only real weapon you have a go to a fallible man writing a book. Yeah tell me again how that is suppose to work when you don't let the Bible speak.

15. BlueMoon New Member
    Site Supporter

This is extremely sad. A guy posts a challenge to share Christ on the streets this weekend, and he is criticized for it - I might even say "verbally crucified" for it. Many people bait him. He takes the bait and loses his cool and posts things that he shouldn't. The baiters then really attack him. All on a "Christian" forum. Granted, I think evangelist6589 needs to mature. Many of his comments sound self promoting. However, although I don't know him, I see him as a young Christian with much zeal but he needs guidance. Yes, there needs to be teachability on his part, but the fruits of the Spirit (can we say love, patience, kindness, gentleness) are not exactly brightly shining in the posts of those criticizing him either. I'm not talking about those who are gently admonishing him, seeking his good. I'm talking about the rude mean-spirited comments that are made to him. Then there are the "pile-on" comments that follow.

No - I haven't been on this forum long at all. However, maybe some of you have been on so long, you've lost sight of just how cruel some of your comments are. As someone who's only been on for a few weeks, this is my perspective. I believe Jesus would be saddened at this interchange.

evangelist6589, my advice to you is to prayerfully find a Godly believer, someone you deeply respect, and ask them to disciple you. I'd get off this board. You're only being torn down here. Spend the time in the Word of God that you would normally spend here. Also, it's absolutely critical that you have a teachable and humble attitude. God bless you, my friend.

16. gigabyte71 Member

You really should go back and look at all of his posts, you would change your mind. I have seen people tell him the same thing you have, and well, we see yet another person telling him to find someone to disciple him.

17. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is some of John's background. I ask you: Is he an immature Christian?

Graduated with a BA in Church Education Ministries from Simpson University in 2005 and a minor in Bible/Theology. Attended Bob Jones University.

Truth Seekers Christian Club President. Canada College, Fall 1996
    Street Evangelism Outreach Ministries, Simpson University, Fall 2001 & Summer 2003
    Research Intern. Youth4Christ, Summer 2004
    Nursing Home ministry Preacher. Bob Jones University, Fall 2007-Spring 2008
    Interim Sunday School DIRECTOR. SonPoint Baptist fellowship, Summer 2008
    Church Assistant/Evangelism Ministries/Preacher. Hope Baptist Church, Summer 2008-Sept 2009
    Street Evangelism Ministry leader. Bob Jones University, Sept 2008-May 2009
    Street Evangelist & Street Preacher-Summer 2008, May 2009-PRESENT

18. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Gigabyte said.

19. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm trying to figure out how it is possible that he has never read the entire Bible with that kind of history.

20. Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blue Moon - the OP is neither young nor new to Christianity. Many of us know him from other places where he leaves his real name and his facebook page.

His challenges - as a whole - are fine and his zeal to win the lost is admirable.

His constant and direct insinuations that no one else is "evangelizing" correctly and his insinuations that some are not evangelizing at all are what has colored many people towards him.

And his pat refusal to listen to anyone on just about any topic is maddening.

Sorry you think we are all a bunch of bullies. :rolleyes: