1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

And Now, the Antichrist!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by John of Japan, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd be pretty stupid to say, "I have a misconception," when I haven't changed my mind, wouldn't I? At any rate, John R. Rice always tried to live by the Scriptures, and I learned that from him. He would be happy I was forming my doctrine straight from Scripture, and would question me about it. He had a habit of doing that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hitler was a papist. Many of his leading Nazis were Jesuits. The papacy is Antichrist. The little horn came from the Roman beast, The Romans were dynasties so will the antichrists be. All the kings in Daniel 2 and 7 were dynasties whey should not the little horn, the pope be.

Rome was overthrown by ten Gothic kings, the papacy overthrew three of them, fulfilled.

10 kings = 10 horns. Fulfilled. C'est tout.

3. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've not only studied Daniel, I've taught all the way through it in Japanese. And to do so I had to think through it on my own. So why don't you prove your point instead of pontificating?

#43 John of Japan, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  4. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be true, but even more so is futurism.

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Suit yourself. (Basically, you just called me a liar.)

6. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't mean you understand it.
    Lots of teaching in all sorts of languages get it wrong.

Who are you to pull a "more right than thou" game on anyone, you are doing it all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I still see a 2000 year gap in Daniel as unbiblical without preconceived information, and I don't believe you could prove it other wise. Nor have I heard any good explanation for the Prince to Come to be the Antichrist. Even that commentary you gave me said the same thing.

I believe the Jewish Rabbis have the correct interpretation for that passage. Can't discredit them, they are fluent in the language :Wink

8. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would not disagree with this. I have yet to venture into your belief.

9. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did you two ever talk about your disagreements?
    Especially that one?

Im just asking to be curious. I think its Interesting.

10. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, my interpretation is that Belial is a term for Satan. It occurs often in the OT, but only in 2 Cor. 6:15 in the NT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was too much in awe of him to disagree openly. He sometimes would ask me leading questions to get me to discuss the Bible, but I usually became all tongue tied.

• Like Like x 2
  12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rebuke me when I do.

I came to think I went too far with that "...game" statement, and went back and changed it. I apologize.

• Like Like x 1
  13. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. I am careful not to call people liars.

14. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you did. You accused me of purposefully obfuscating--hiding my meaning--when I said I did not understand what point you were making. My confusion was genuine, but you called it obfuscating. In other words, you called me a liar. But I've come not to expect apologies from you, though you holler loudly when you think you've been insulted. (I have never one time attacked you or your character personally, just your false doctrine of full preterism.) I can live with that. ;)

15. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh good grief. Obfuscating means to confuse the issue, not necessarily maliciously. I had said the majority is not always right. And you seemed to not understand that. Do you really think the majority is right?

Do you even read what I write for content, or just for ammunition?

• Like Like x 2
  16. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I felt the same way about my uncle, Kenneth Kantzer. BA Ashland College; MA in History, Ohio State University; M.Div/Th.M., Faith Theological Seminary; Ph.D. Harvard University. Professor of Theology, Wheaton College; Academic Dean, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, President Trinity College, Editor, Christianity Today, president The Evangelical Theological Society.

I would get tongue tied around him even as an adult! :)

17. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, in his 65 years of Christian service he taught thousands of Christians how to be more effective servants of the Lord. By so doing he multiplied by several thousand those he could have reached entirely on his own. In fact, if you do a search on who his students were over the years you will find that such luminaries as John D. Woodbridge, Thomas McComiskey and many others who, like the two mentioned, wrote dozens of books on Theology, many of which are used as textbooks in Evangelical Seminaries.

He was also one of the authors of the "Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy" - a solid bedrock defense of the inerrancy of Scripture.
    He has influenced several thousands, perhaps as many as several tens of thousands, for the Kingdom. How many have you influenced? :)

Depends on how much service for the Lord was accomplished.

Do we denigrate years of hard work and time and money spent on getting a proper education in preparation for our Kingdom service?

Do you have something against education and educated people?

• Like Like x 1
  18. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not at all. I have respect for people like that in an worldly way.

I deleted the post because I figured that's where it was going to go.

See when you said how many have I influenced, that's the part that bothers me.

Do you think I am proud of what I have done? I can't go back in time and further my education and undo what I actually did. I don't think leaving my wife and going off to Bible college now is the best idea.
    Its no one's fault, but my own, but the whole what have I done line is very disheartening.
    I'm doing what I can. I'm helping a preacher as much as I can relaunch a local church.

But I would not be in anymore awe of someone with a bunch of letters by their name or some poor guy in a local mall spreading the gospel.

I believe Christ called each of us to separate things. Maybe I missed mine.. maybe I have something else for me in the future.....I'm in awe of Christ's work through educated people and evangelists not particularly the person.

But then again I get where you are coming from as well, if had someone in my family like you or John does I would probably be very interested in them.

#58 prophecy70, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  19. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Horse Feathers.

The antichrist will be ONE MAN; there have been many popes. While the "beast from the earth" of Rev. 13 might be a pope or some other RCC official, the main man won;t be. This man won't acknowledge God or anyone/anything that's worshipped as being a deity. He will proclaim himself to be God.

Scripture sez no man will defeat the beast, while the pope was taken captive by Napoleon in 1798. And all the popes have at least paid lip service to God while the true antichrist won't acknowledge God at all.

And while Hitler's parents were catholic, Adolf himself was more into the occult than anything else called religion. Hitler & Co. used the RCC delegates of the Reichstag to pass the "Enabling Act" which gave him near-absolute power in Germany, then he turned on the RCC, confiscating their property, booting out or killing many of their clergy, & banning their organizations.

Your whole idea is completely off. The true antichrist has NOT yet come.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read somewhere that the last enemy was death.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.