Angelic Conflict

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Amy.G, Nov 12, 2007.

1. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not understanding this. If you are attending a Presbyterian church, you are not Baptist :confused:

Baptist is a denomination, not a theological title (at least that is what I have always thought).

2. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I look forward to that post, as this is an area I'm not too familir with.

3. Isaiah40:28 New Member

Sigh...

You just can't leave this issue alone, can you?

If there was a decent Reformed Baptist church in our city, we would be there with bells on. There isn't, so we currently attend a Reformed Presbyterian church of which we are not members, nor can we be without baptizing our children and other such changes to our beliefs.
    And at this particular church, there are other Reformed Baptists who are the same situation.

Reformed Baptists usually adhere to the London Baptist Confession of 1689 which is almost exactly like the Westminster Confession except in notable areas like covenants and baptism and perhaps could consider themselves the historical and theological descendants of Particular Baptists.

I sense that we are an anamoly to most of you regular Baptists, but I can't imagine why my family's local church attendance would bother anyone here. Its the situation my husband as deemed best for the time and is not considered a long term solution for our family.

4. npetreley New Member

[Moderator Warning: Suggest you follow your own advice. If you have problem with specific BB posters then place them on your ignore list and don't make posts about them. The edited portion of this post violated BB Posting Rules 3 and 4.]Ignore them. I attended a reformed Presbyterian church for a few months, too, for the very same reason you're going. Fortunately, there's a good Primitive Baptist church near where I live now.

Good for you for sticking to your doctrinal guns.

5. russell55 New Member

6. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Fact is, you are not baptist posting in a baptist only section. Even if it's only a temporary situation, you don't own this board, nor is it public, it's privately owned, and posting is a privilege, not a right. You have been asked by a BB moderator not to post in a baptist only section...so exactly why are you still posting in a baptist only section?

Regardless of what npetrely says about breaking rules being good (I don't take anything he says seriously), it's not.

7. Isaiah40:28 New Member

Yes, thank you for making that point.

8. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah, because deliberate rule violations are a good thing. :rolleyes:

9. Alex Quackenbush New Member

Well now, I am fully persuaded. By the way, it isn't "my" doctrine. And therein lies a clue as to why you might find it difficult to see anything outside of "your" doctrine. But that aside, I am in the process of constructing the OP for the thread and my hope is tomorrow it will be available. As for hostility, a group of you have done an excellent job insuring its presence and I am well used to it by now.

10. Isaiah40:28 New Member

You are really something else.
    I have never been treated so ungraciously by anyone else in my entire life.

If the moderators are not satisifed by my explanation of the church situation I currently am in, then I will abide by their final decision.

11. Amy.G New Member

What is your deal WD?

Isaiah has already stated that she is a Baptist unable to attend a Reformed Baptist church and is not a member of the Presbyterian church.
    Does one stop being Baptist just because they attend a Presbyterian church?
    You need to back off and let the moderators handle it.

12. Isaiah40:28 New Member

Just so it's clear, Alex has not caused any problems for me...ever.
    It's consistently been webdog.

13. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Must be reverting back to the graceful posting, eh? Still the drama queen... :rolleyes:

14. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amy, I can care less what church she is going to. She is NOT a baptist if she is not a member of a baptist church. It makes no difference to me what church she attends, quite frankly. One does stop being a baptist once they start regularly attending a presby church, yes. If someone is born Muslim, and becomes a Christian...do you still consider them a muslim?

You can call me the BB vigilante, if you like. The moderator did handle it. He asked her not to post in a baptist only section, which continues. I'm sick and tired of the bullying, insults and blatant violations of the rules being thrown around here.

15. npetreley New Member

Give it time. But noted, anyway. ;)

16. Amy.G New Member

You've made your objections known. Now you need to let the moderators handle it and leave Isaiah alone.

17. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you going to come to my defense next time npetreley attacks me (or Alex)...which should be any minute now? I'm not bothering her, but correcting the notion that one remains baptist once leaving a baptist church. If she (or anyone) is taking that as an attack, she (or anyone) needs thicker skin.

The mods did handle it:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1132050&postcount=115

18. Amy.G New Member

I might. Although I've never seen you come to my defense. :) You've done a pretty good job of picking on me lately. I must be pretty thick skinned or I would have bailed out by now. :laugh: But I think you're out of line on this one.

Isn't there a BB rule against posing as a moderator? :D

19. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You might? You haven't yet! You've never seen me come to your defense? I don't believe that. Must be selective recollection :)

I'm not picking on you, Amy. I'm debating your new theological view. HUGE difference.

How can you say I'm out of line by backing a moderator? Isn't deliberately doing something an authority figure tells you not to do sin? Why the pats on the back and encouragement of this kind of bahavior? :tear:

Instead of making up new rules, we are having a hard enough time abiding by the ones already in place :D

20. belvedere Member

I'm guessing that he's referring to this:
    Matthew 7:6 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

6 Don't give what is holy to dogs or toss your pearls before pigs, (A) or they will trample them with their feet, turn, and tear you to pieces.

So, now, everything that Q types is "pearls", and those of us who disagree are, well...I'll give ya three guesses.

Do I see this attitude as condescending? Arrogant? Naw...