1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Anti-intellectualism Is Killing America

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 10, 2015.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which side of the evolution question are you on--pro or con? I am amazed that Crabtown thinks that his belief in evolution is a mark of intellection and my opposition to evolution as poor science is considered by Crabtown to be anti-egghead.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good thoughts. We have all declined, gradually, but like a snowball, picking up.speed. I is just sad to watch something you dearly love, die.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems that if you agree with Crabtown, you are an intellectual just like Crabtown says that he is.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone can claim something, but being that something is another story! CTB could claim to be a Big Mac because he was in a McDonald's for a Filet of Fish sandwich, but that doesn't make it so! :laugh: :smilewinkgrin: :type:

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:thumbs:

No, Crabtown is not a Big Mac and if he stood in the garage all day he wouldn't be an automobile either. Nevertheless, Crabtown believes in evolution and he says that his belief in evolution makes him an intellectual (and he implies that it makes me a monkey). C'est la vie. The next step in evolution is to kill all the people who are not intellectuals in order to improve America and to stop people who are not intellectuals from killing America. Hitler believed in evolution and he found that he had to kill a lot of people to stop them from killing Germany.

Intellectuals are a higher form of evolution.

#25 church mouse guy, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hitler believed in evolution as well and used to to justify her rampage. Margaret Sanger also did and she used it to justify her views. I wonder how intellectual they were?

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hitler believing or not believing in evolution has nothing to do with the validity or the invalidity of the theory. Using an argument from adverse consequences is a logical fallacy.

There is no doubt Hitler believed in eugenics, but that is a very different topic from evolution. Hitler also believed in the germ theory of diseases and considered the elimination of various minorities as getting rid of national germs. Of course this is the same logical fallacy.

#27 Crabtownboy, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok you skipped over what I said. I said he as well as Margret Sanger used evolution as a justification for Eugenics. The point in bringing that up is it leads one to wonder, in the context of this thread, just how intellectual that is considered by far left progressives. Evolution being the basis for such stupid thinking. What my comment was not was a commentary on the validity of evolution.

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the stupid thinking you are referencing? Certainly is it not eugenics.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The real problem is not anti-intellectualism; the REAL problem is the current fad of liberal PSEUDO-INTELLECTUALISM!
    I believe it was Reagan who said, "It's not that liberals are stupid, it's just that they know so much that isn't true!" - or words to that effect.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is actually the self appointed "intellectual elite" that are ruining the country by ignoring the precepts and laws on which this country is based.

http://eyler.freeservers.com/JeffPers/jefpco38.htm

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Crabtown, as an intellectual you must realize that anti-intellectualism is killing America and the only way to save America is for the intellectuals to kill the anti-intellectuals. Afterall, evolution is about the survival of the fittest and, clearly, intellectuals are more fit than anti-intellectuals who are so ignorant that they don't believe in scientific Darwinism. Hitler believed that Aryans were a higher form of evolution but evolution has now proven than intellectuals who believe in evolution are now the highest form of evolution.

How much clearer could it be than that?

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Make that self styled pseudo intellectual and I'll be aboard. :thumbs:

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The author of the drivel posted in the OP.

Says all that needs to be said about the self styled intellectual "humanist". Consider the source.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Crabtown is a true intellectual because he believes in evolution. It is those who are against Darwinism who are killing America and those people will have to be killed to save America--that is what Darwin teaches. Only the intellectuals who believe in Darwin can save America.

It is what may be meant by political science, but then I am on the list because I don't believe in evolution. Now I do believe in climate change because it was very hot today and it wasn't hot 90 days ago.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians are always considered anti-intellectual by the pseudo intellectual elite.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, you have made a very good point, Carpro, and I have to applaud you for that. For example, Marx said that we were a bunch of drug addicts on an opiate, and even the new Pope is a Red Pope and a Marxist, sadly.

The late Dave Breese wrote a book about seven men who rule from the grave and Darwin was one of them. The complete list is Charles Darwin, Julius Wellhausen, John Dewey, Sigmund Freud, John Maynard Keynes, Soren Kierkegaard and Karl Marx. I guess that those are the mentors of American intellectuals, and if I disagree with any or all of those seven I probably will be charged with a hate crime and executed by the intellectuals who prefer power above all else, no?

18. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Resembles a quote from Civil War era journalist/humorist P.T. Nasby: "It ain't so much people bein' ignorant; it's them knowin' things that ain't so."