1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anti vax totalitarianism is a myth

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 4, 2021.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, it is easy to find law professors with different opinions.

It occurs to me that we may be talking about two different issues. The President ordered federal employees and contractors to get the vaccine or be tested weekly. That is probably what the law professors are talking about.

I am referring to his using OSHA to implement an employer mandate that their employees are vaxed or face stiff penalties. That is an end run around the constitution that will be struck down, imo.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome.
    I believe I could, but am not inclined to do so. You can find plenty of differing opinions, here and elsewhere, while I only intended to provide some specific information for which you asked in a couple of posts on page 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A little correction - The President ordered federal employees and contractors to get the vaccine as a condition of federal-federal contract employment (exceptions for medical and religious reasons as required by law).

We were informed today. We have until November 30 to be vaccinated as a condition of employment (again, medical and religious exemptions).

OSHA did the sane thing with Hepatitis vaccines. And we should probably note that OSHA's view of covid and vaccinations was in place in 2020 (Trump Administration), noting that vaccines were not currently avaliable. I don't think OSHA's conclusions were a surprise (once the FDA approved a vaccine).

4. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, let’s race to the courts for the final conclusion! The sooner the better.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What "same thing" did OSHA do with the Hepatitis B vaccines?

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "According to the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030) and OSHA enforcement policy, all employees with occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) must be covered by the standard. This would include, in addition to all the applicable provisions of the standard, the administration of the hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination series prior to employee exposure"Hepatitis B vaccination requirements for employees providing first aid as a collateral duty. | Occupational Safety and Health Administration

7. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, I have no reason to doubt what you are saying here.

8. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What part are you saying is the same as what OSHA will do with Covid-19? It appears to me, based on 1910.1030 - Bloodborne pathogens, that OSHA is requiring the employer make the vaccine available to the employee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must have missed something.

You are saying OSHA has mandated covid vaccines?

10. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OSHA has not done anything yet. They have issued no ETS, but the President says they are developing one.
    You said that OSHA did the "same thing" with Hep B vaccines. Is your "same thing" in reference to the covid discussion, or not? Or is it the "same thing" that is something else?

11. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must have missed something.

Are you saying that OSHA has mandated Hepatitus vaccines?
    I'm employed at a DOD contractor, had all the appropriate training for bloodborne pathogens, and have never been told it was mandatory to have any vaccinations, much less Hepatitus B.
    However, I have been encouraged to get vaccines, and my employer has even made them available to us.

But up until this whole CovID thing, we've never been told, in almost 25 years being employed there, that we absolutely had to be vaccinated for ours or anyone else's safety.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. OSHA did the sane thing with other vaccines in the workplace.

"This would include, in addition to all the applicable provisions of the standard, the administration of the hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination series prior to employee exposure"

What do you see that is different?

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont know which hospital you worked at did, but I did have to get a hepatitis vaccine (and get TB tested....annually if I recall). This was in the 90's.

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s ok, this covid debate has been confusing since the “15 days to stop the spread”, turned into two years, “it’s silly to wear masks because they don’t work”, “we must wear masks”, “we will not mandate a vaccination”, “we must mandate vaccination to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated”, and on and on and on with one confusing statement after another.

Come Lord Jesus

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not in my workplace they didn't.
    Sounds to me as if your company did that on their own, and not as federally mandated.
    Mine has been doing business with the Federal government for longer than I've been alive, and there's never been a vaccine mandate of any kind.

If it was a matter of OSHA regulations, I would have known about it years ago.

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh yea... that was a very long two weeks, huh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not in medical, I'm in DOD manufacturing.
    Medical carries a whole different set of rules, if I'm correct, and they fall under FDA, not FAA / Military .

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. They did it due to an Executive Order. The employer does not work with the federal government- it is a federal contractor and has to follow DOE guidelines (the company is really a team of companies led by Amentum with partners Bechtel National, Jacobs, and BWXT....contracted for only one DOE nuclear site).

If the DOE says "do it", it's done. No option.

19. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In post # 63 you talked about the President ordering federal employees and contractors to get the vaccine as a condition of employment and that we (your company, I suppose) have until November 30 to be vaccinated as a condition of employment. Then you said OSHA did the same thing with Hepatitis vaccines. But nothing you have posted, as far as I can tell, shows that OSHA has ordered employees must get it as a condition of employment. What I found says that they require employers to make it available to all employees (and likely certain employers do make it a condition of employment).

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I was not clear. Yes, only in specific medical settings.