1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any Dispensationalist in the house?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Jun 23, 2015.

1. vooks

vooks Active Member

Good
    Colossians 2:14-16, BobRyan's nightmare of shadows and reality
    Fair enough
    Look at the highlighted.
    Ever read Ezekiel? Does it look like he is describing a human effort like Tower of Babel or is God not giving instructions just as He gave Moses for His temple?

Ezekiel 42:13-14 (KJV)
    Then said he unto me, The north chambers and the south chambers, which are before the separate place, they be holy chambers, where the priests that approach unto the Lord shall eat the most holy things: there shall they lay the most holy things, and the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; for the place is holy. 14 When the priests enter therein, then shall they not go out of the holy place into the utter court, but there they shall lay their garments wherein they minister; for they are holy; and shall put on other garments, and shall approach to those things which are for the people

These are clear instructions of temple worship, a manual if you will no different from Leviticus, and not a scene from Babel
    This is YHWH sanctioned exercise complete with His full blessings

#21 vooks, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
  2. vooks

vooks Active Member

Where is my friend Gehard?

I read this article and I nearly fell off the chair laughing.
    The writer theorizes that continuing animal sacrifices and the all-sufficient sacrifice of Jesus are compatible primarily because not all sacrifices pointed to Jesus'. So he sees the ones not pointing to Christ as yet unfulfilled even after the cross and these are the reason God scrambles Levitical priesthood and an eight miles square grand temple.

1. All I can ask this 'scholar' is, if that is so, why were they nailed to the cross? Why did they stop?
    2. And note Ezekiel has sin offerings as well. Why do we have this in future?
    3. And finally, if the Ezekiel's temple are just for ceremonial uncleanliness, are you saying that Jesus blood deals with th deeper defiling nature of sin but is unable to deal with ceremonial?

I have said that the inability of Dispensationalism to coherently explain the purpose of a temple post Calvary is the one reason I summarily dismissed it. Of course I can and I do believe many things which I don't understand perfectly. But this is not just lack of understanding but severe contradictions. Seeing bloody sacrifices ordained by YHWH post Calvary in the light of Hebrews is unpalatable to my spirit.

#22 vooks, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks: "Seeing bloody sacrifices ordained by YHWH post Calvary in the light of Hebrews is unpalatable to my spirit."

Same sacrifices as PRE-Calvary, so are those unpalatable as well?
    I don't consider the "post" ORDAINED by God, just allowed, since as of now they, as a nation, have totally rejected the Messiah, and still consider themselves under the LAW.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#24 kyredneck, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  5. vooks

vooks Active Member

The bloody Levitical sacrifices were done away with seeing we have a new priesthood. They were relevant before and right up to the Calvary. Right now they are as misplaced as circumcision

Please note that it is God who gives the Ezekiel temple blueprint complete with sacrifices. Why would God institute animal sacrifices post Calvary?

I was of the opinion that a temple distracts men from Jesus the ultimate sacrifice. And this is why a sin offering NOW is a big NO. Paul tells us they are shadows whose reality is Christ. So how do you have shadows coexisting with reality?

6. vooks

vooks Active Member

No idea why this thread scared all Dispensationalists away

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, a calvinistic one!

8. vooks

vooks Active Member

What purpose does Levitical sacrifices serve post-Calvary?

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None, but that is the wrong question is it not?

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Dispy here holds to that view that tyhey still do apply though?

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He thinks all dispensationalists are monolithic and if one said something over here then everyone else has to hold to it as well. He is not looking for a debate he is looking for a fight and he doesn't know the difference between the two.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought that he thinks that we hold that isreal has to still do sacrifices in order to get saved still now...

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He runs around looking for comments made by dispies so he can develop a come back and bring it here. He is not looking for an honest discussion just a fight.

14. vooks

vooks Active Member

Thus saith the resident shrink.
    If you have an alternative view on Ezekiel's Temple you would have laid it bare. You suffer from cognitive dissonance; that temple does not exist as far as you are concerned:smilewinkgrin:

15. vooks

vooks Active Member

Assuming you are a Christian, and assuming in your sect you study scriptures, and assuming in those scriptures you have Ezekiel, you'd know Ezekiel was given elaborate instructions on temple worship and sacrifices akin to Moses in Leviticus, including SIN OFFERINGS.

Ezekiel was penned during captivity and the temple in his visions was a huge structure miles long and wide...nothing close to the then desolate temple which was later destroyed in 70AD.

Question is, as a dispensationalist who subscribes to literalism, do you believe the temple will be rebuilt?
    If yes, what purpose does it serve post Calvary seeing the blood of Jesus was shed?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, in order to have the Antichrist fulfill the prophecy of the Abomination of Desolation with it, and its purpose is to be a s ceremonial memories of jesus and his work for us, just as we celebrate that now by Comminion!

17. vooks

vooks Active Member

So, why do we have purposeless sacrificial system instituted by God Himself?

18. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are funny, or you lack seriousness. God institutes the entire system just so Antichrist can come and spoil the party? Isn't it misleading directing men to bloody sacrifices as opposed to Calvary?

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, as it is the nation of Isreal that is rebuilding the temple, to restart sacrifices, bu t that will end for them when Antichrist takes over temple, and when Jesus returns!

20. vooks

vooks Active Member

It is not the 'nation of Israel that is rebuilding the temple' but rather it is YHWH who instructs Ezekiel on the reconstruction. This is God's masterpiece not man's Babel.

I strongly recommend you study Ezekiel, and after that educate me on WHY YHWH reverts back to bloody sacrifices long after His Son shed his blood on Calvary as per Dispensationalism absurdities of literalism