1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Any Dispensationalist in the house?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by vooks, Jun 23, 2015.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It seems to me that your position is you don't know what Ezekiel is talking about and you don't care.

Ezekiel was shown a future temple and was given many details concerning this temple. We know it has not been built and it is yet to come.

Now I for one believe Ezekiel and I also believe Hebrews. I do not find any contradictions. God has a purpose for this temple. Is it your position that Ezekiel's temple is not going to happen???

2. vooks

vooks Active Member

Ezekiel was given the vision during Levi. Now we have Melchizedek as our High Priest

What purpose will this temple serve?

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the temple in use during church Age, or afterwards though?

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ezekiel lays everything out that will occur in this temple. By you asking "what's the purpose?" sounds like you are disagreeing with God that (1) the temple is yet to be built (2) that everything Ezekiel has said would happen in the temple will happen (3) that it is even necessary at all nor has any purpose post cross.

I'm not sure what your objection really is? God said these things will happen, so what is it that bothers you? I believe Ezekiel and I believe God. If you have some other interpretation or application of Ezekiel's temple then present it. I haven't seen you offer anything yet....

5. vooks

vooks Active Member

Am asking what purpose sacrifices serve post-Calvary not on Ezekiel's vision. What they serve in these last days. Get me ideas, will you?

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We may or may not be able to know or understand God's purposes unless of course He gives us those specifics. However we can be sure if God said something is going to happen then it most certainly will. I get the sense that you don't believe what God told Ezekiel.

7. vooks

vooks Active Member

But we have the specifics; bloody sacrifices in Ezekiel serve the same purpose they do in Torah, ATONING for sins.

Do you want your sins atoned @Steaver?

8. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just focusing on 2 and 3 for the sake of brevity.
    2. Clearly not.
    3. It cannot come to be in the future because we are in a different age, an age in which Christ has destroyed the old system, including all the Levitical trappings this very vision - and that is what it is, not a prophetical blueprint - requires.

Not only can there be no bloody sacrifices, but there also be no return to circumcision. Yet Ezekiel 44 we are told that those who are not circumcised are an "abomination" to God.

"Eze 44:6 And say to the rebellious house, to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: O house of Israel, enough of all your abominations,
    Eze 44:7 in admitting foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, to be in my sanctuary, profaning my temple, when you offer to me my food, the fat and the blood. You have broken my covenant, in addition to all your abominations.
    Eze 44:8 And you have not kept charge of my holy things, but you have set others to keep my charge for you in my sanctuary.
    Eze 44:9 "Thus says the Lord GOD: No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, of all the foreigners who are among the people of Israel, shall enter my sanctuary. "

Do I even need to quote the many verses from Paul to show tat this cannot be future?

This thorny Ezekiel question was one of the factors, many years ago, that led me away from dispensationalism.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There has been plenty of work already done in the rebuilding of a Temple in Jerusalem.

10. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I am not a Dispensational believer, we do have views that agree, so I will comment on these.

I think Prophecy requires it. It certainly foretells it, and we haven't seen it fulfilled yet.

It is memorial only, it does not replace Christ's Priesthood or Sacrifice.

It is similar to Communion (if held as a Memorial of Christ's death), and pictures after the fact that which Christ offered up, Himself. Communion consists of memorializing the body and blood, which together speak of His death.

No-one will revert to the Law. However, as seen in the New Testament, Jews are not required to forsake their heritage.

There will be no salvific value to any sacrifices that might be made, just as there was no salvific value when they were offered under the Law.

God bless.

11. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have only one question... Will Jesus Christ reign from this temple?... Brother Glen

12. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I already posted an answer here but, strangely enough, it went poof.

Once again: It doesn't matter what the Jews do. The Temple that fits the bill in Ezekiel will not be built. They may be building something now but it is - and always will be - without God's blessing.

Why? God, through Christ's work, has moved forever past the Levitical priesthood, the same priesthood this passage requires.

We know that all have gone past the need for circumcision. Yet God, in the Ezekiel passage under consideration, not only countenances circumcision, but requires it, calling those who are "uncircumcised in flesh and spirit" an "abomination".

How in God's green Earth can this possibly be future?

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So your reasoning is it will not be built even though the word of prophecy says it is so. You cannot dismiss the word of God just bc you cannot comprehend His ways. God has a purpose for it even though you may not understand it.

14. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is dismissing the Word of God.

Actually, if anyone here is doing that it is you.

We always interpret the OT in light of the clearer NT. Do you agree, or not? The clearer NT says that Christ fulfilled the Law, and that He is our Priest of the Melchizadekan Priesthood. The Levitical Priesthood is no more. Shall I quote the verses?

Additionally, in the clearer NT we see that circumcision is part of the OT. It is done away through Christ. Circumcision has, ever since the NT, zero value. In fact, it is worse than useless. It is a denial of Christ's work, acc. to Paul.

By the way, are you even sure it is intended to be straightforward prophecy? And, if it is prophecy, can you think of some seemingly sure prophecies in the OT that never came to pass? I can think of two that, because of repentance and prayer, did not happen according to the original pronouncement.

#114 asterisktom, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  15. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ooh la la, and oui, oui, Monsieur. :thumbs::applause:

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, I believe Ezekiel. Do you?

17. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, we all believe every word of the bible, and it being infallible. Now, we may disagree with each other's views of the bible, but we all believe every word of the bible to be God's true words.

18. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something is wrong with the site. Posts are disappearing. I have noticed some of mine disappearing and posts from Martin, Rev Mitchell and Rippon disappearing as well. All of mine are back now. Hopefully the problem is fixed.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I forgot where this discussion was. I also made a response here and it ended up in the money forum, which I quickly deleted. Something strange going on here.

I don't believe that the temple that is now being built is the one that Christ will reign from. It is a sign of things to come. It is a "forewarning," if we can say. Jesus told us to look for the signs. We don't know the exact time of his coming.

But he did say that "He will build His Temple."

Zec 6:12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD
    --He will build His Temple.

Zec 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Zec 6:15 And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD, and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God.

There are other references that teach the same thing.

20. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is just my view that the Lord will reign from Heaven as He has always, but that does not preclude His presence on earth at that time. We don't have a Scriptural statement by which I feel we could be dogmatic, but I think the parables concerning the Kingdom indicate that His Return implies His presence as well. It is just one of the arguments offered to substantiate another divisive topic and surrounds the implication of the word parousia, as seen in this passage:

1 Corinthians 15:23

King James Version (KJV)

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Now, I will just add that we have to remember that Christ is God, and God is not a part of this creation, but is the Creator. The physical universe was created for man as an abode, and God's abode is and always will be Heaven (His Own realm). So while I do expect a presence of the Omni-present God and particularly Christ in His Glory, I do not make this exclusive, meaning, it is not a matter of choosing whether Christ will be in Heaven, or on the earth during the Millennial Kingdom. He will be in both.

He went to prepare a place for us, we remember, that where He is we should be with Him, and New Jerusalem, which I hold to be the place He has and is preparing for us...does not descend until we enter into the Eternal State. It is my view (and again I do not think we could be dogmatic, but think we could make a good case for basis) that during the Millennial Kingdom the glorified of that Day will reside in Heaven and have a ministry similar to that of Angels today, and that New Jerusalem will be "Home Base," if you will, and not just for us, but for our Lord as well.

Again, this does not preclude a "throne" of Christ on the earth, nor exclude the fact that He is God, and just as God has interacted with men in the past, He will be doing so then.

Lastly, we know that when Christ returns He takes dominion over the physical universe, which while we do not argue that God is Sovereign and always has been, we do not deny this statement made during the Tribulation:

Revelation 11:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Satan is bound, and the rule of God world-wide is spoken of, and we see that in the previously offered passage:

Zechariah 14:16-21

King James Version (KJV)

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

I think if we consider the implications of this Prophecy and others, it is not unreasonable to suggest that Christ will rule this world, as it is said, with a rod of iron.

Lastly...

Matthew 25:31

King James Version (KJV)

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

...while we would not neglect the fuller spiritual application of this statement, and make "the throne of his glory" exclusive to a physical throne on earth, neither should we, in my view, neglect that Christ will reign for one thousand years, and a Throne is not an unreasonable element for our King:

Revelation 20

King James Version (KJV)

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The Tribulation Martyrs raised here will reign with Christ, and the implication of them being on earth could be viewed as reasonable, though again, a dogmatic position cannot be drawn from this text alone. The Tribulation Martyrs appear to be glorified, due to the fact they are said to live and reign with Christ for the thousand year period, and it is debatable as to whether they will be specific to this universe, or, like we would assume with those raised in the Rapture, have New Jerusalem as their home camp as well.

Not something we could be dogmatic about, but points of interest in regards to Christ having a literal, physical Throne on earth during the Kingdom.

God bless.