Any Here Hold that we are not born with a sin nature?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam certainly could have resisted sinning, as the Lord created him with a sinless human nature!

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam was spiritual alive to God when created. became spiritual dead when he sinned and fell, and all of us were born into Him and thus also share sinful nature!

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 1:13!

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As many as God called to Jesus were saved by sermon of peter in acts, correct? As God added daily?

5. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God grants to us the faith even to believe!

6. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ripping a single phrase from the passage does not support your view, rather may show a certain desperation.

In that same John 10, the Lord Jesus in response to the rulers demands pertaining to His authority says,
    25Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name bear witness about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”​

John 10 provides your thinking no ground.

Even in that which you selected, the context does not support your claim.

7So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. 11I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. 14I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. 17For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. 18No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”​

Btw, what Bible version do you use that does not include the word sovereign or some related word (synonym)? Certainly it must be a rare or unknown version. For all versions do use the word Lord (Sovereign, Master) do they not?

The word “Lord” “despotés” from which we get despot is in fact translated as Sovereign, master. One who singularity in final authority and has of unfettered complete jurisdiction over all matters.

Perhaps you didn’t realize this.

7. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's funny since it was the first recording of him being tempted and he caved in and sinned he didn't even think it over. He was afraid he would loose Eve I can only suppose he loved Eve more than God.
    MB

8. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, you're stubborn, even when proven wrong.

9. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it? If Adam were spiritually alive who's Spirit did he have when He sinned. If it was the Holy Spirit who is God Him Self whom all who believe in him do have dwelling with in them selves. Then how is it that He died when Adam sinned?
    MB

10. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least you admit your supposition...

11. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was Adam found in Christ or was he perfect in himself?

You are projecting the Holy Spirit upon Adam, who was without sin.

Do you see your dilemma?

12. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true to scripture it is Jesus who saves. Peters sermon didn't save anyone.
    MB

13. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is you who can't back up what you claim. You can't prove you are elect, You can't prove that you were changed so you could believe. In fact you haven't proven any of your claims. Don't you ever read the Bible.
    MB

14. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What delimma? You are the one making the claim that Adam was spiritual and that he lost his spiritually. Sounds to me like he was saved and then lost his Salvation. You see I don't believe Adam was any different than anyone else. Being spiritually alive means we have the Holy Spirit present with in us. Adam was sinless until He sinned so is every man sinless until they sin. Scripture never says we are born sinners it says we are "born in sin" we aren't sinners until we sin. and we cannot sin with out the Law no one sins until they know the Law.
    MB

15. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    prove it with scripture The Bible does not say this at all. This is just more heresy.
    MB

16. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your dreams you have never proved scripture wrong.
    MB

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before He fell, Adam was in relationship to God His Creator, so did not need the Mediator or to have the Holy Spirit indwelling him yet!

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you see as us having a sin nature? Do we have free will to decide to accept Jesus ourselves still, apart from God doing anything towards us then?

19. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny.

The faith God has gifted to me is my proof.

Now, your response is interesting since you are incapable of saying that you are saved. Instead, you have consistently stated that you are...being saved. It's possible, in your theology, that you could die in your sins, apart from God.

Meanwhile, I am confident, by the faith gifted to me by God, that I am sealed by the Holy Spirit and immersed by the Holy Spirit into Christ Jesus so that in Christ I am made holy, seated before the throne of God.

This is present tense and future assurance.

Ephesians 2:4-6 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

You have, to my knowledge, never been able to affirm that you are, past, present, future, saved.

20. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be called a sinner is a condition... Sinning does not cause the condition, the condition was passed down from Adam, who sinned... The condition of being a sinner causes the action to sin... And this is the way The Apostle Paul said it!... Any questions?... Brother Glen:)

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.