1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are angels humans from the future?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mark_13, Feb 5, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me thinks we will have a house like the angels, that is unable to die any more yet I believe we will be better than the angels for we will be like the risen Christ.

What was the name he, Jesus the Christ obtained by inheritance and just when did he obtain that name? Exactly when did he, Jesus the Christ inherit that name?

BTW I can give a lot of scripture.

Start with Luke 20:36

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Precisely! :laugh:

We shouldn't approach the bible with our own "ideas". The bible is our teacher. We need to study and let God speak to us.

For instance, I can have an idea that the moon is made from green cheese and try to see it in the bible, but obviously it's not.
    Do a word search on angels and see what the bible says. If there is no clear mention of them being "human", which there isn't, then you need to trash that "idea" immediately.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Pretty much, yes. :thumbsup:

We know. :smilewinkgrin:

Ok...we...uh...won't.... :wavey:

:type:

4. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

Preacher4Truth:

I find that an arrogant and snide reply by you, "brother". What is your problem? Do you go into paroxysms if anyone even tentatively suggests, with explanation, some idea that is not immediately consistent with your preconceived idea of orthodoxy? And then when you have them pegged, you feel you have free reign to treat them with derision? You have not added anything to this discussion.

5. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

Preacher4Truth---->:tonofbricks:

6. preacher4truth

Lighten up Francis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

I'm just giving you a hard time. No need to put brother in "". I get the implication. :love2:

Just pretend we're all sittin' around, watchin' the game, and I'm being sarcastic and we're all laughing. Don't take it so serious. I'll in the mean time forgive you for your implied disregard form me being saved. And laugh about it. ---------------> :laugh:

Cool?

7. preacher4truth

Mark_13 ------------> :flower:

8. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

I'm watching the SB now - sorry I couldn't get to everyone's comments.

9. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, not always:

Isaiah 6:1-2
    "In the year of King Uzziah’s death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew."

10. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Even if this is true its probably better to handle it in a PM...

#30 Skandelon, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
  11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, the serious response (I'm watching the SB, too): Mark, you got several replies about how angels were created to be angels; yet you glossed over those responses and chose to focus on "created."

You can't stop there; you *have* to consider the rest of the sentence: "to be angels."

One poster has provided several scriptural references from Jude; don't stop with your study of Hebrews 1 and 2, but consider all scripture. There's nothing in scripture to support your idea that angels are resurrected Christians.

I applaud your courage to present such a topic for study. It's not easy coming to these public boards and risk ridicule.

12. preacher4truth

He's probably a big boy in public, and unlike you can say what he needs to in public forum without resorting to such childish games in PM. Nomesane?

13. preacher4truth

I agree with your first statement. They were created. As angels.

I seriously can't applaud a departure from sound doctrine for the sake of a "maverick" spirit, or anything akin to such.

Sound doctrine for me. I know that's just not popular these days.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It has been my experience that once someone has made up their mind on a matter as you seem to have done no amount of anything will change it including the word of God.

15. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:applause::applause::applause:

16. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

Thanks I appreciate it amy, though I could have googled angels - unless the link you provided specifically addresses the question from the OP (which I highly doubt) I don't know what use it will be to me.

Another verse you provided is very enigmatic to me:

(Heb 13:2) Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Its weird that you could have an an interaction with someone over an extended length of time, and they would give every indication of being an actual flesh and blood human being, but were in fact an angel. I guess they must be able to assume arbitrary form. If we are greater than angels after the resurrection, then presumably we could do this as well.

Its occurred to me in the past though that possibly its actually being implied that when you show hospitality to a fellow believer you are doing it to someone who will one day be an angel.

#36 Mark_13, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
  17. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

Interesting post there.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The article is titled, What are angels?

19. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

Amy, I did provide several verses on the first page - where Gabriel is called a man in Daniel, where Christ says after the resurrection we will be "like" the angels, where in Revelation, John is about to worship an angel, and the angel tells him to not do that because he (the angel) is a fellow servant of Jesus Christ. There are many other verses I could list.

You do not need to be threatened by an idea put forward by someone and then belittle it as a defensive reaction. You could have just followed the directive in the OP and list verses that you felt were a clear refutation of it. Certain individuals have in fact complied with that directive and have been acknowledged by me - ScarlettO's verse from I Peter is a strong argument against my idea. Your "green cheese" remark is not.

20. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

Let me walk you through this:

Freeatlast's opening argument to me in #8:

No angels are not resurrected humans. They are beings that God has created to serve a purpose. The scripture says they were created.

Psalm 148:2-5
    Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
    Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
    Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that [be] above the heavens.
    Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

So his crucial distinguishing factor, between humans and angels, is that he says angels were created.

And I simply pointed out to him that even ScarlettO in her post described humans as being created.

As to your's and I guess ScarlettO's assertion that Angel's were created to be angels that's just vacuous assertion. What does it mean to be created to be an angel. What are humans created for - to be humans? That whole line of discourse has no bearing on anything.

freeatlast's proof text from Psalm 148 above clearly is indicating that everything that God created should praise him. freeatlast thinks though only angels are in reference there and that it means that angels but not humans were created.

Sorry to have to walk through again a response I already made in #12.