1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Jews & Muslims Saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Humble Disciple, Aug 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Mazol tov" as well to Ben Shapiro's friend Andrew Klavan, my favorite Messianic Jew in the world, whose show also led me to faith in Christ.

Thank you, Ben and Andrew, I will ALWAYS love you.

[​IMG]

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, so you have a Bible and read it. I always ask because you'd be surprised how many never pick up their Bibles.

In Scripture the Jews are split. Some remained on the vine and some were cut off. Gentiles were granted in.

Now, read John 1 -3. Answer these questiins:

1. Who has the right to be called "Children of God"?

2. Who is it that will inherit life?

3. Who are the "condemned and why are they condemned?

I think that if you read John 1 - 3 (3 short chapters) I think it impossible that you could walk away thinking those who do not believe in Jesus Christ are saved.

I am actually not sure why you think Muslims would be saved (as they do not even believe in God....any more than Hindus, who would add God to their list of gods believe in God).

Just because a people use the word "god" or "allah" we should not assume they are speaking of God. The One True God is foreign in nature and character than the Muslim god.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you follow a few anabaptists, Charles Finney??,and Leighton Flowers, no wonder your confused.:Cautious

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one, Jew, Muslim, American, African, or anyone else is saved EXCEPT through grace alone by faith alone.

Old Testament or New Testament. By grace alone through faith alone. I have taught many a Muslim student. Trust me, they do not worship Jehovah God. They worship a non-existent false god named Allah.

Jews believe in the God of the Old Testament and IN the Old Testament period they could be found righteous in God's eyes BY FAITH ALONE. Read the entirety of Hebrews 11

But in this New Testament period, they reject Jesus Christ and his blood sacrifice, his Lordship, his being God, and his salvation. One cannot believe in God AND reject Jesus Christ and expect to be saved.

To reject Jesus Christ makes you NOT saved. They can be saved, but not until faith in Jesus Christ by the grace of God is made.

God is doing some awesome things in Muslim countries and saving people left and right. The organization, "Jew for Jesus" is working very hard in Israel for the cause of Christ.

Until ANYONE places his/her faith in Christ by the grace of God - they are bound for hell.

I cannot believe this question is even being asked.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist

#27 Humble Disciple, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2021
  8. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 8:2-3
    Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much. But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.

[​IMG]

9. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 12:47-48 and Romans 1:20 , when combined together, indicate that God only judges us according to the light we've already been given and how we reacted to it.

Luke 12:47-48
    “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like Ben Shapiro (feeling). But that does not change the fact that unless Ben Shapiro believes in Christ he will remain condemned.

There will be no person in the Kingdom, regardless of your feelings for them, that reject Christ.

He is the Way. There is no other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not ours to know or judge.

Romans 9
    14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all!
    15 For he says to Moses,
    “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
    and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
    20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God?

Our duty is to just preach the Gospel to all people indiscriminately and leave the rest to God.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#31 Humble Disciple, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it is ours to know and they are judged already.

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and Jesus can choose to save whomever He chooses. It's not for us to decide their salvation. We can only share the Gospel and pray for the best.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course God can save whomever He wishes. Scripture describes how that salvation looks - one repents and believes the gospel of Jesus Christ

The Bible tells us that the only way to God is through Christ- that only those who believe in Him will be saved. These are facts

You feel that people should be saved without having to believe in Christ. I understand that. I also have a concern for the lost.

BUT facts don't care about your feelings.

Scripture is clear. Repent and believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Those who reject Chriat are condemned, those who believe are saved.

No exceptions. No in-between. Only One Way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Humble Disciple , what is it that you base the possibility that Jews, Muslims, or anyone else for that matter are saved outside of Christ? If we say that we do not know whether those who are without Christ are saved, we make Christ Himself to be a liar. By your reasoning, following Christ is reduced to just one of several paths to salvation.

Since you've read the Bible, you should be familiar with Romans 3:23, which tells us that "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". Then there is Romans 6:23, which shows us the penalty - "the wages of sin is death". A Jew, Muslim, or anyone else who is sincere in their faith is still sincerely wrong, and will die in their sins unless they repent and confess Jesus as their Savior. As Acts 4:12 tells us, "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under Heaven that has been given among mankind by which we must be saved."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God is the God of all men to begin with not just the jew or muslim.
    Your original question was trying to suggest that the jew and muslim claim to worship the God of Abraham....but they do not.
    The Father only accepts the once for all time Covenant death offered by our Great High Priest.
    If a jew or Muslim gets effectually drawn to The God man....they will be saved.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yahweh of the jews and Christians is NOT Allah of Islam. as he is not named the proper name for God, and he denies Jesus is Lord, denies the Cross and resurrection, so Muhammed spoke to satan, not God!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Jew or Muslim can be saved in their own religion, as both must receive Jesus as their Lord and God!

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a born again Christian Arab from a Muslim country, I don't know where to start unpacking the deceitful lies in this post.
    Outside faith in the Son of God there is no salvation. That is repeatedly emphasized in the Bible.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The God of the Jews is Yahweh, but only those who received Jesus as their Lord and Messiah are saved, while Allah is a pagan god period!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.