1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Jews & Muslims Saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Humble Disciple, Aug 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am currently heading a Bible translation internship for a believer from a radical Muslim nation who is translating the OT for his people. This man was saved when he left his country and was told about Christ. The things he tells me about what Islam has done to his country are horrendous. Anyone, including "Humble Believer," who thinks there is an iota of good in Islam is terribly deceived.

I myself have preached in an 86% majority Muslim country. It is one of the poorest countries in the world due to what Islam has done to it. I did not meet a single Muslim who showed the grace that our Lord Jesus Christ give to them who trust Him, but I did see some Muslims and Hindus who realized they needed Christ's salvation, and trusted Him.

Muslims and Jews do not believe in the deity and salvation of Christ any more than Buddhists do, so I find it the idea that they can be saved without Christ to be absolutely against the Bible. Both religions reject Christ openly, but "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what the Lord Jesus Christ said about the subject:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have never said that Jews and Muslims are saved or will be saved. That would be presumption on my part. Judgment belongs to God alone. We're here to preach the Gospel the best we can and leave the rest to God.

#45 Humble Disciple, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But He gives discernment to us. You really need to learn the difference between the two, judgement and discernment, because you are certainly not showing discernment.

The Bible says in 1 John 4:1-3, "1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

A discerning Christian would know that neither the Jewish religion nor the Muslim religion believe that Christ is deity, God come in the flesh. Therefore, they are both in "the spirit of antichrist." (That's the Bible, not me.) It is a very short jump of exegesis/logic then to say that any Jew who believes the Jewish religion, and any Muslim who believes Islam, is not saved and is headed straight for Hell.

• Winner Winner x 4
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the words of Jesus, John 14:6, ". . . I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. . . ." And in John 17:3, ". . . this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. . . ."

Then John wrote, in 2 John 1:9, ". . . Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. . . ."

The difference between genuine Christians and nominal christians is actually knowing God Himself. 1 John 5:9-12 and Romans 8:16.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just had my Bible translation intern in, and we worked through three verses from Hebrew to his language. (I can't reveal his language or country, or the government there will try to kill him or his family.) The things he has told me about his Muslim country are horrific. Even now, there is a city with absolutely no water. Because of that, there is an uprising, and several other cities have joined it.

Now, Humble Disciple, you keep referring to the two great commandments, love God and love your neighbor. The thing is, Muslims don't obey those, so even by your position they cannot be saved. They treat their neighbors awfully. They worship a God of sorts in Allah, but they don't give him due credit for being infinite. Their Allah is very cruel. They actually believe that Allah lies. Also, they believe that they must kill their enemies according to the Koran/Quran. But Jesus said, "Love your enemies."

Again I'll say, I've been to one of the poorest nations in the entire world. They live a terrible existence, and that is the fault of their Islam. Have you ever been to a Muslim country? Have you ever read the Koran (a vicious book if there ever was one)? Do you know any Muslims or ex-Muslims personally? If you answer no to these questions, you have absolutely no basis from which to discern anything about Islam and Muslims, and this whole thread is due to your ignorance.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    HD me thinks you have now wandered a bit far from the ranch. If you think that God has not made it clear as to how and through whom salvation is received then you should spend more time in scripture.

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

If you deny Christ Jesus as Lord you are not saved.

Joh 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

It does not get much clearer then that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the OP is now banned, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.