1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are sex offenders usually repeat offenders?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by abcgrad94, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, drug offenders do great harm to others. They can: sell drugs (many users do) and ruin lives, be violent towards loved ones (PCP users especially; I know a case like this where the son punched his Mom and broke her occipital) and cost their families much both financially and emotionally.
    There's the scary part, when repeat offenders are harming children. Christ wanted to throw such people in the water with a millstone around their necks.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I always thought it would be "cool" to live next door to somebody like Bonnie & Clyde----and pray for windy days comin' from their direction---windy enough to blow some of their nasty loot into my yard--without them noticin', of course!!!!!

Clyde---"Whats that in your yard, Blackbird?? All over your lawn??"

Blackbird----"Oh, THAT??? Its nothin', Clyde!!! Nothin' at all!!!"(hopeing his Astigmatism is worse than mine!!!!!)

Story goes that Bonnie & Clyde DIDN'T "get away with it"-----but that the Texas Rangers set up an ambush in a little Louisiana town named Arcadia--Louisiana officials said to the Rangers-----"You can't do that in our town!! This isn't Texas!!!!"

to which the Texas Rangers responded ----- "Well-----it is NOW!!!:laugh: This here town is Arcadia, TEXAS!!!!"

Later-----round the corner came Bonnie & Clyde----and long story short---the Texas Rangers opened up with their "Uzzi's" and that took care of that!!!!:wavey:

#42 blackbird, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  3. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

[Personal attack edited] If this all goes back to that other thread, that guy had not molested anyone for 20 years. He needs to seek his daughter's forgiveness, or get away from her if she is intent on following him around with a bullhorn telling the whole world, "He molested me 20 years ago." There is no evidence that guy will reoffend. Even the pastor said he had not been hanging around kids. The guy definitely needs to shut up, try to blend in, and not try to be in a position of leadership. But there's no evidence he's a current offender.

#43 Mark_13, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
  4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only thing I see wrong with this here story is that they didn't have Uzis in those days. :tongue3:

We're in a motel in Louisiana headed to two mtgs in Texas. Fortunately, my college friend we'll stay with part of the time is a TX lawman, but I'll keep my eyes open for men in black hats.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Scarlett is not unhinged but instead communicating a harsh reality. Offenders are sick individuals who continue to practice their sin.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Thompson's-----yes, "Tommy" guns------a drum clip full of .45cal bullets-----lots of lead flyin' in Bonnie & Clyde's direction

7. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blackbird, you should read the story of Frank Hamer. He was recently featured in the American Rifleman (NRA).

As the story goes he shot twice. Once at Bonnie and once at Clyde. Then, as the story goes he lit up a Camel as the other continued shooting. A real interesting lawman.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Okay, here's a few scenarios that I'm wondering how those on here think they should/could be handled. All of them are real.

1. A coach at a school angers a teenage player by benching her for refusing to follow instructions and be a team player, and the student becomes very angry and yells "I'll get back at coach!" The next day, this student goes to school officials and accuses the coach of inappropriate contact over the past few months. Nobody believes the student, given the situation, witnesses to the fight, and the coach's reputation. However, to be safe, they remove the coach to a team that isn't the same sex as the other team, takes away the coach's classroom because that student takes that subject, and the coach now has to go from room to room filling in for yet unfilled teacher positions.

Should they have taken those precautions, punishing someone who may be innocent, or should they have notified authorities and let them handle it and try to prove coach's innocence? Either way, the coach's rep will be ruined. Or...should they have taken it for what it appeared and let things stay as they were?

2. An adult molests his/her child. The child grows up and realizes that the offender puts himself in positions to be alone with kids that are the same age as when the adult molested his/her own child. This eats away at the now adult kid, who has always lived with the fear that the parent might be doing this to other kids. Should the victim report it to authorities? (btw, the statute of limitations for this crimes starts AFTER a child turns 18, 19,or 21 as each state has a different age I forget this one, and generally is around 20 years from the time they became an adult and thus capable of reporting a crime on their own without parental supervision/notification)

3. A parent molests his/her child. The child reports it and nobody believes it, there were never any other witnesses. Thirty years later, the offender is accused of molesting another child, no witnesses, over the course of many years. Should the child of the molesting parent stay quiet or should they notify authorities that this happened to them in order to help the newest victim since the original victims fears the new one may have to go through the trauma of not being believed?

9. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A coach at a school angers a teenage player by benching her for...

He can hang it up! End of Story! End of career! End of reputation!

10. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for saving me the trouble of posting this link, Gina. Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this thread. It's been a busy week.

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems more and more people are turning out to be sex offenders. Even a highly respected former Sheriff where I live has been accused of forceing young men by getting them hooked on drugs that he gave them for sex. Being the Sheriff he had access to plenty of drugs. and plenty of prospective victims. It's a scarry to say the least.
    MB

12. Squidward

Squidward Member

Actually, we are talking about it more as a society so the victims feel more able to come out to report it. Sadly, for centuries, men like this got away with whatever they wanted without being accountable for their actions.

13. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What can we expect from a society that only has sinners as its population? What grieves me is that so many "Godly" (?) men who've been held up as examples of how REAL saved sinners act, have fallen to the delight of our depraved society. No need to name names....our lost neighbors probably have their portraits on their meeting rooms' "Heroes' of The Faith" trophy rooms. While it shouldn't amaze me, but even some men who you'd wouldn't think capable of lowering themselves (Not to mention their own wives & children & churches!) to fall trap to Satan's allurement. Even great Biblical men lost sight of what God intended them to be (Abraham, Isaac, Saul, David, etc., just to name a few.) And I know better than to accuse my brethren of this...I too am at best a sinner saved by grace. The Apostle Paul wrote much about the dangers of one "letting his/her guard down" in Romans & Corinthians, etc. Satan IS as a roaring lion. Look at whom he's already devoured. Thank God that He IS a forgiving Father, but still we have consequences to be paid. "Take not Thy Holy Spirit from me!" David wrote, and that was at a time when God just as easily could have. Look at the consequences he faced. But although he did lose his first son through his affair with Bathsheba, God gave him Solomon as his next son. Yes, as Hebrews warns us that, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God," but the very next chapter is full of those, faulty as they were, "By faith ...."! Truth: "We CAN sing, 'Amazing GRACE! How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now I'm found! Thank God for Calvary!!'"

14. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread from 2012 is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.