Are the British Empire & the USA in prophecy?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Jun 22, 2021.

1. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it doesn't. Scripture favors the Israelis from their beginning.

2. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a son born to Israeli parents was not circumcised on the 8th day, he was removed from Israel and remained a gentile. It is a religion, not a race.

“And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” Genesis 17:14 (KJV 1900)

3. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a religion that especially hates Christ today. Look at God's wrath on them in history, including Hitler.

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 (KJV 1900)

4. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's still an Israeli by race.

5. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a religion. Are Christians a race?

6. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't disagree, But you hit the nail on the head by calling it a RELIGION. But a Christian Jew is still a Jew by inheritance, as Paul was.

7. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but Jews & other israelis are.

8. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul says there are no more Jews. Jewish Religion today is based on their hatred of Christ. They say Jesus is in Hell in boiling human excrement. The real Jews accepted Christ in the first century and became Christians continuing till the end of the world.

9. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does it say this?

10. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Christians are Jews by inheritance, being grafted into Israel by faith.

11. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. If the term "Jew" refers only to religion, why do so many who claim to be Jews completely, unequivocally reject both God and the OT? Clearly, they consider it an ethnic/racial category, because it is.

12. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then how come Paul called himself a Jew after his salvation???????????????

13. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Throughout Scripture, where they're set apart from other peoples.

14. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Paul reminds us that the physical Jews, which were originally part of that "tree", can be grafted back onto it all-the-more-readily.

15. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poor ole 1689Dave can't grasp the FACT that there are physical, racial Jews, & spiritual Jews, who can come from any race or people. I posted Scriptures proving that fact, but evidently they didn't sink in.

16. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not true categorically. A prime example is whom God chose to go in and take the Promised Land. They weren't circumcised until grown, yet they did not cease to be Israel despite being uncircumcised. See Joshua 5:2-9.

17. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A more radical realization is that among a great many Jews, adopting virtually any religion as a Jew is acceptable, with Christianity a notable exception.

18. Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as God is concerned unbelievers calling themselves "Jews" are simply a people group needing the Gospel. All unbelievers are under God's wrath and are welcomed by the Gospel.

God's wrath against the Jews was limited to "this generation" and ended with the AD 70 destruction. Limited to the third and fourth generation. Persecution down through the last 2,000 years is by evil men & corrupt churches, NOT according to God's will. They have a lifetime to repent, before they face judgment.

Paul explains this -
    1 Cor. 9:19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

Praise the Lord!
    Incidentally, in Bible times vast numbers of Jews were proselytes - including those present at Pentecost.
    Note-
    Esther 8:17 And in every province and city, wherever the king’s command and decree came, the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and a holiday. Then many of the people of the land became Jews, because fear of the Jews fell upon them.

19. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, a much-greater punishment fell upon the Jews for the rejection/murder of Jesus, beginning 135-136 AD when the Romans under Hadrian booted them from their land. This punishment continued for over 1800 years, as the Jews were hated & persecuted wherever they went. It culminated in the holocaust, but after the nazis fell, God gave them the strength to defeat an Arab coalition shortly afterward.

The 66-70 AD events were the "days of vengeance" Jesus pronounced against that generation of Jews.

20. Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Whatever happened to the people calling themselves "Jews" was a response to their actions against the political authorities whether good or bad, NOT God's continuing judgement.

Deut. 5:8 ‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 9 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Eze. 18:20 The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Your suggestion that God has kept 50 generations of his chosen people under judgment for the sins of one generation is not the God of Moses, nor the Prophets, nor Jesus and his Apostle.