Are you a donor?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Jul 11, 2009.

?
  1. My eyes

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. My liver

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. my heart

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. my liver

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. other

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  6. My body to science

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. I will NOT be a donor - I want everything when my body is raise at the rapture

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Won't you be given a new body? Surely that's what the Resurrection is all about? What if one of your kidneys stops functioning or you lose a limb during your lifetime? Won't God restore those at the Resurrection? If you die and are buried, your major organs will be some of the first parts of you to rot away pretty quickly - won't God have therefore have to give you new ones in any event at the Resurrection?

Sorry, but I really don't understand your logic.

2. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But what if during the rapture my kiddney is in someone else who's not a Christian and I'm raptured won't God regenerate my Body and take my kiddney from this other person leaving him to die without Christ? Are you really in support of that?

3. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BTW the only reason I'm not a doner is that if I'm in bad shape I don't want to be given up on just so I can be harvested.

4. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sure the God Who created Mankind in the first place won't have much of a problem with rustling up a brand new kidney for you without troubling the other guy for his.

5. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    why make a new body when all he has to do is perfect the one we have now? Will we not rise in our own bodies? And if said guy has my kiddney or heart he's in trouble. Sure God can make a new one but he said he would raise our bodies. Right?

6. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And if your body's rotted away? And what about Mark 12: 25? - there's more than a strong hint here that we will have bodies quite different in character from our present ones. Tie that in with the promise of a new heaven and a new earth in Rev 21 and 'making all things new', and the evidence is pretty conclusive.

7. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yet if Jesus is the first of the promise did he not have holes in his hands or a hole in his side? Was it not he that asked Thomas to place his hands there?

8. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, but didn't He also apparently walk through walls?

9. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    or did the walls pass through him? (BTW I like Lewis) Surely it was his glorified body but still his body. And isn't the world groaning in anticipation for its redemption?

10. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But if what you fear is true, then all of us who peg out before the Second Coming are in big trouble because our bodies will rot, including our internal organs as 'firstfruits' (!) of that decay, and if God isn't going to give us new bodies complete with new organs, we're all stuffed.

11. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    but not if they are regenerated same bodies. Ie everything grows back again. I actually have no fear of any of this cause God has it handled. I think the ressurection will be interesting though the sea will give back its dead. How many people have passed through the innards of a fish? As shakespear had said