1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you in an abusive relationship?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wingman68, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted for Biden because he was a better choice than the profoundly morally-compromised Trump. I did not vote for Biden to support his position on abortion. Between the two candidates, among many reasons, I chose the one that I believed would be better for our nation, better for the anti-abortion cause (if it is not fatally damaged by close association with Trump), and much more pro-life in terms of admitting and resettling refugees, access to healthcare, recovery from the pandemic, civil rights, and respect for others. To be fair, just about anyone on the ballot would be better than Trump in those areas. If Trump had been primaried, I would have taken a very close look at the alternative Republican candidate.

Where do you get the idea that I am "supporting" President Biden?

Not abuse, termination of life.

2. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you truly thinks that's a major issue, then you don't have a clue. If you know better, then you are lying.

Which is it?

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who can vote DNC platform and consider themselves moral is the one who is clueless.
    Biden has told more bald face whopper lies than any politician in modern history? You see him as moral?
    Truly clueless you are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The jab is fine!

Where are the long term feasibility studies?

Ooops, that's right.

You are a theologian and a prophetic doctor.

Murder of innocents is unjustifiable.

Vote for Biden = fail.

No biblical justification for abortion AT ALL, just talk around it.

Excuses, excuses, excuses, even if high sounding.

Lo,
    children are an heritage
    of the Lord
    and the fruit of the womb
    is his reward.
    Psalm 127:3

[​IMG]

5. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a vaccination, not a jab.

What are you talking about? You act as if this whole thing was cooking up in a couple of months. It's clear you are operating from a place of ignorance.

The mRNA vaccination technology has been in development more than two decades and has been used for animal vaccinations for a number of years before it was ever used on human beings.

The technology is not new. The animal studies have been performed for years.

Yes, you are too. Anyone who has a theological opinion is a theologian.

But I am also a trained theologian and have been a serious student of scripture for more than 36 years.

I don't know what a "prophetic doctor" is.

However, I operate as a prophet in Christendom (preacher/theologian/teacher) and I don't worry about being liked or climbing a career ladder, so I am not tempted to go with the 'party line' -- whatever that happens to be. That means I tend to upset everyone (from left to right and everyone in between) from time to time, since my only concern is to be faithful.

Regarding being a "doctor," I am certainly not a medical professional. However, my late father was a medic in World War II and went to college on the G.I. Bill, earning a degree in Biology. He also served on the ambulance crew for the oil refinery where he worked for 35 years, dealing with normal injuries as well as severe chemical and thermal burns from exploding steam lines and fires. My mother is a retired nurse, who were through nursing school after I was through elementary school. She and my father would discuss what she had learned in class or read in her textbooks and my father would explain the real world application of the classroom material. We had many medical discussions at the kitchen table over dinner (some of them stomach-churning for those of us who were not used to hearing stories of severed limbs, parasites, or excessive projectile vomiting) where I learned a lot by listening to and participating in conversation. And then my brother is an organic chemist that does research related to healthcare (cancer, diseases, etc.) and I ask him questions from time to time.

Personally, I have had extensive first responder training and have a fair amount of experience providing lifesaving assistance in medical emergencies. And, unfortunately, I have had a colorful medical history and have had more than a dozen surgeries for various reasons. To manage my health, I have had to expand my medical knowledge -- in consultation with a number of doctors and surgeons -- so I have learned how many things work on at least a basic level.

I don't pretend to be a doctor, but I also don't shy away from what I do know from a lifetime of medical knowledge.

I agree. The murder of anyone is unjustifiable. And demonizing refugees is directly against God's word as well.

You opinion has been noted, many, many times.

Who is doing that? I've told you many times that I am opposed to abortion, but you refuse to believe me. That's YOUR issue, not mine.

I notice you keep posting African-American-oriented memes for my consideration.

I care very much about African-Americans, but I am a white guy. Perhaps you know that, but I just want to make that clear.

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI, in British news, they talk about the vaccinations as "jabs".

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you were truly opposed to abortion you would not have voted for Biden.

It just down on your list of Christian priorities.

No biblical argument for abortion, just talk around it.

For thou hast possessed my reins:
    thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    Psalm 139:13

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I had the exact same theological, political, social, and life experience that you have, I would likely vote just like you.

However, I do not, so my “moral” math comes out a bit differently.

That much is true.

I place fidelity to Jesus higher than appeasing the ineffective and hypocritical “Pro-Life” (really, anti-abortion) movement. I hold to the biblical method of transforming culture, not the modern political method of attempting to use the power of the sword to “change” hearts and minds. Under your method, even if abortion was made illegal, it would still continue since the attitude toward unborn life would not change. There would be widespread rebellion against any law (like Prohibition or the War on Drugs), with few lives saved and the gospel of Jesus compromised by decades of identification with the Republican Party and, most recently, the corruption of Trump.

Christians without political power transformed the value of children and human life within the Greco-Roman Empire without passing a single law or aligning with any politician. Historically, we have an example of it working and the church gained moral authority in the process. Today, because of the way the right wing and evangelicals have laid down their moral authority at the altar of the Republican Party and destroyed our credibility.

‘I suspect that God is in the process of destroying the credibility of evangelicalism in the US so that the Christian remnant can purify His church.

I’ve told you all this before, but you will not consider it, engage with it, nor even respect that a Christian can have any other opinion than you.

That’s messed up.

I don’t make one because I am opposed to abortion, but you REFUSE to accept that. That’s YOUR issue, not mine.

Your consistent attitude toward me only reinforces my experience that the anti-abortion movement has many, many people in it who identify as Christians, but have made opposing abortion the entirety of their faith — an idol that replaces Jesus.

9. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You may consider me a rube or narrow minded and all that but the argument is with God.

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;
    and before thou camest out of the womb I sanctified thee...
    Jeremiah 1:5

For thou has possessed my reins:
    thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
    Psalm 139:13

[​IMG]

10. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tears of sorrow for what the world is capable of. I have difficulty even rating these posts, what fits? Nothing, yet we can not, must not, forget or push to the back of our minds….His most innocent who are being willfully murdered, every day.

11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I consider you arrogant, irrational, and completely unable to comprehend that you may not be completely correct in everything you believe. You are a powerful advertisement for the irrationality and incoherence of much of the "pro-life" movement. You make even the good ones look very bad.

12. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I may be all those things but to throw the word of God away for a political agenda...

Before I formed thee in the belly...
    Jeremiah 1:5 is refuse to you.

[​IMG]

#32 SGO, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, why have you done that?

Please go back and read the Gospels and see what Jesus has called us to do.

14. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Pervert, pervert, pervert.

You know that God has called us not to take life.

Killing the unborn takes life.

By voting for Biden you approve of abortion.

Where are your bible verses that say life begins at birth?

Where are your bible verses that say God approves your stand on this issue?

The thief cometh not,
    but for to steal,
    and to kill,
    and to destroy:
    I am come that they might have life,
    John 10:10

Keep thee far from a false matter;
    and the innocent and righteous slay thou not:
    for I will not justify the wicked.
    Exodus 23:7

Offal to you:

[​IMG]

15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and the majority of those specific commands involve persons who are already born.

That’s why Trump is not pro-life, just ani-abortion.

Yes.

That’s a lie. There are commands against lying and false judgment and you happily break them continuously. Why do you do that?

There are no Bible verse that say when life begins.

The four Gospels, the writings of Paul, and the historical record of the early church in the Greco-Roman world.

move told you this before in much more detail, but you refuse to engage. You only want attack and condemn.

I find it amusing that this latest attack is in a thread on abusive relationships. You are abusive toward me.

But I am curious… what would you have me do if I suddenly lost all of my convictions, biblical knowledge, and moral reasoning and wanted to please you?

What would you have me do about things that have happened in the past?

16. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberals are ALWAYS the victim, even as they spew the most bile & hatred. You are not supposed to notice that……because they are ALWAYS on offense. They see no need to defend, because obviously, it is determined by them, that they are right. They also seem to suffer from diarrhea of the mouth. Last Word. Big rhetoric. They love to hear themselves tell you how smart they are. 4C4D5A1D-692A-4081-A194-32BF89955179.jpeg

17. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ll give you a couple of examples that just happened here.

Abortion. They vote for Joe. They voted for abortion. End of story here, but not according to them.

Vax. You tell of deaths/injuries incurred from taking the vax, when you have pointed out that most will survive nicely, especially if they take reasonable measures, aka ivermectin/hcq, but the spin is that you somehow are reveling in these deaths. They don’t revel in the deaths of those who didn’t vax……..not at all. See how this works? They can’t be wrong.

18. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Yes, and the majority of those specific commands involve persons who are already born."

Here the learned man is saying unborn human beings have little value so it's ok to kill them.

"There are no Bible verse that say when life begins."

God has nothing to do with the unborn?

Baptist Believer, in effect, is saying this is a lie:

Before I formed thee in the belly
    I knew thee;
    and before thou camest forth
    out of the womb
    I sanctified thee.

[​IMG]

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not even close. You are alleging something I do not believe nor have ever said. You are lying.

No, you are just making things up in order to make false accusations. You are lying.

If you would actually READ what you are quoting, God said to Jeremiah, “BEFORE I FORMED THEE IN THE BELLY…”

This is a statement of God’s foreknowledge/intent, not a statement of when Jeremiah’s life began — unless you are a Mormon and believe the heresy of preexistence. If you are a Mormon, you should not be posting here.

i can’t help but notice that you ignored my question about what you want from me. I suspect the only thing you want from me is to exist so you can lie about me and attack to fulfill some sort of perverted need.

20. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Yes, and the majority of those specific commands involve persons who are already born."
    Your quote, post #35

You hate Trump but voted Biden, who has expanded the murder of innocents.

They are not really human beings because they have not come out of the womb.

"Already born" is what matters to you.

"There are no Bible verse that say when life begins."
    Your writing again from post #35

God says:

Before
    I FORMED THEE
    in the belly I knew thee;
    and
    BEFORE THOU CAMEST FORTH OUT OF THE WOMB
    I sanctified thee.

[​IMG]