1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ariel Castro dead

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by pinoybaptist, Sep 4, 2013.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-man-held-3-women-captive-commits-suicide-043500304.html

easy to be self-righteous and say, "humph! good" as many do, and as I'm prone to do, but, in the end, all one can truly say who knows what the Bible says about fallen man is, "there but for the grace of God, go I".

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PLEASE......Good is the right attitude with this punk! A quicker path to hell & we the tax payer doesnt have to pay for taking care of the bum.:godisgood::thumbs:

Would you have the same mercy for Nazis who committed atrocities? This guy is both a murderer & a sex slave criminal. To me he is a coward as well.

#2 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What is sad is that this man no longer has an opportunity to walk with Christ. Yes, he did terrible things but according to the holiness of God, what I do is no better. I don't know that it will help in the healing of the women either but I don't mind the taxpayers not having to pay for him anymore.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allow God to sort it out. There is a reckoning & ole Arial is probably feeling the heat as we speak.:thumbs::godisgood:

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

I've a personal history that tells me, don't trust that it was a suicide. But that's just a comment. Nothing more. Not an accusation, not a conspiracy theory. It's just a comment.

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care if it was suicide, or not. The world is a better place with him gone. If he did have "help" it just goes to show you that even criminals have their own code of honor and will not tolerate men like him.

The wages of sin is death. He earned his wages and has now been paid in full.

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say I feel mercy for him. only that I do not find any justification for me to think I am a better sinner than he is, and that if it had not been for God's grace, I am capable of doing the same things he did, and that the Nazis did.

Because when we come down to the nitty gritty of everything, there really is no basic difference him, you, and myself, except that (1)you and I have a Savior, and the ones who are in hell, do not, and (2) you and I have the additional grace from God to be born at a time and place where there is opportunity to be educated in "the way of the Lord", while many who are in heaven did not, unless of course, you buy into the "believers only" notion of eternal salvation.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

Code of honor among men who have wronged society in such a way as to force the courts to lock them up? I'm sorry, but as I said, I've a personal history ... and "honor among thieves" is the biggest oxymoronic statement in the language.

What gives them the right to consider their crimes "less sinful" than his? After all, his crime would have him incarcerated in maximum security along with other rapists, murderers, and thugs who committed assault with intent, armed robbery, or some other violent crime. And they judge him?? That's the height of arrogance. If he "had help" as you so eloquently manage to skirt the issue of murder, they need to be punished for their crimes. As Pinoy, said, I'm not better than him. Neither are his now formerly fellow inmates.

And if he did "have help" then they have denied him the opportunity to hear the gospel and be saved.

#9 thisnumbersdisconnected, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member