1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Arminianism and Calvinism part 2

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MennoSota, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And there is your problem. You can't read Greek. The word is not "tasso."

The word is τεταγμενοι. As you can't read it I will transliterate it for you.

Tetagmenoi. You say "the Jews,after hearing the Gospel preached, rejected So they turned and preached it to the Gentiles." Yes, and "all those appointed to eternal life believed."

They did not appoint themselves, that would require a middle voice verb. This verb is passive voice, indicating something that was done to them.

I think you better bow out before you make an absolute fool of yourself.

And let me give you some advice. Throw away your Stong's Concordance. It is as wrong as you are. Over and over we see Strong making the root fallacy (as here). Remember, Strong's is a concordance, not a lexicon.

Before posting again I highly suggest you read D. A. Carson's, Exegetical Fallacies. (Baker Academic, 1996) ISBN 0801020867.

It will save you a lot of embarrassment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.