1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Assault Rifles to See the President

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LeBuick, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I was thinking airlines also. There are clearly some places where it is best that no one is armed. Prison officers are also not armed when around prisoners.

2. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

There are many people who are permitted to travel armed aboard airliners -- including select flight crew.

The more trained and capable defenders, the better.:thumbsup:

3. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Unless one has a Class III license, no one can legally have a firearm that shoots fully automatic. This was done in 1934. (Which should be bull-dookies). As for the OP, an assault weapon is defined as a gun that shoots more than one round with one pull of the trigger. Who here on this board can tell me from the picture that the man in question is 'bearing' an assault rifle? What's the problem with a citizen of the United States exercising ones right to 'bear' arms where ever one is? If one goes into a restuarant, who has a valid CHL, (which is bull-dookies), and does not know that there might be someone of the 'Elite' in the government there, is that person guilty of a crime? If a citizen of these United States of America goes to a political ralley, function, etc, excercising ones rights as far as guns go, are they to be ostracized, ignored and thought of as criminals?

4. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

5. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Proud card carrier of TSRA and NRA and CATI (Molon Labe)

6. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Of course, all those people who were armed when thay saw the older presidents left their arms at the door..... Not!

7. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

8. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Where in the Constitution does it say that?

9. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Talk about a Nonsequitur.

10. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Again, show me how you know this was an 'assault' rifle and then tell me why you have a problem with law-abiding citizens being armed where they can protect not only the President but also the women and the children from harm?

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a gun enthusiast. I aquired my fondness for weaponry in the military. I still own many pistols and rifles.

However, in spite of the fact that it was all very legal and they were simply exercising their constitutional right to bear arms, I couldn't help thinking of one of my favorite TV shows:

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

That's why I wondered if perhaps they were shills planted there (by who knows who) to cause a news backlash against those of us who "fearfully cling to our guns and Bibles".

HankD

12. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Right. Just like you can modify all the AK-47's to shoot automatic. All you have to do is change out the receiver (since the firing pin is smaller in a semi-automatic and can't handle the stress from the full auto-fire, or the receiver.) Then change out the gas piston from a semi to an automatic, which can't handle the stress from automatic fire, not to mention the magazine problems. But after all that, sure, why don't you buy one and spend more money to change it than it would cost you just to buy a black-market auto in the first place? Sure, it's easy. Please ,ThinkingStuff, come onto the gunboards and tell us your conversion techniques.:laugh:

13. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

The Bill of Rights also has the words, " the people". So when does all the others mean 'the people' and only the 2nd mean a militia?

14. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

15. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Why? Wouldn't he/or future she, want a well armed citizen there in his/her presense to help protect the leader of the free world?

16. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Yeah right...that's why when I went to court, all the bailiffs and the other police officers were always disarmed. So the big, bad guys that we already arrested coudn't take away our guns. As 'Bill the cat in Bloom County used to say...."Phssssssssffffffffffft!!!"

17. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Pshew!...Finally got to the end of the thread after answering so many ridiculous ideas. I'm, going to go have a smoke now, any of you anti-gunners with your false information can just go right ahead and try to refute me now.... Go ahead... I'll wait.

18. billwald

billwald New Member

Yes, but only a nut job fanatic would want to. I want the Secret Service to detain all crazies with a visible gun within 500 yards of MY president.

19. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

I'm sure that up until like...oh shall we say..Lincoln?... that most people were armed when the presidents came around. And as for Obama, I would take a bullet for the man just because he is the POTUS and I respect what the OFFICE stands for. I just have a different opinion about who the present government thinks the 'Crazies' are. Be they foriegn...or domestic. Ok I misspelled foriegn, and I think misspelled.

#59 Nonsequitur, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
  20. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, the Constitution and its amendments do not give us our rights. It merely tells us that the government does not have the authority to abridge our God-given rights.

Second, yes, as long as you're carrying your weapon legally, you have every right to carry it to go see the president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.