1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Azusa St. Revival- 105th anniversary

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Ding, ding, ding!

Why bring facts into this thing EWF?

Facts get in the way of what we WANT to believe.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Where do I say that the Anabaptists are heretics? They are heretics inasmuch as Baptists are heretics. Are you one? All I did is point out that within the broad name of Anabaptist (as in Baptist) there was a wide variety, but the great majority of them were orthodox in their doctrine.

J.T. Christian in his "History of the Baptists" writes:
    He also notes that John Huss was a Baptist.
    [/FONT]

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

When I accused them of denying the Trinity and the Deity of Christ you retorted that there was much diversity among the anabaptists. So you were conceding that at least some of them were heretics.

You have at least two problems with this passage.

It only argues that Anabaptist CLAIMED they had Apostolic Succession.

It refers to a letter written in 1521.

You need a great deal more proof than THAT!

All that proves is that there was this group that POPPED up about the time of the Reformation that were called anabaptists that claimed a bunch of crud that could not be confirmed.

What good is THIS???

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

John Huss became an Anabaptist. He was the morning star of the Reformation. Was he too a heretic?
    Do you know who the wife of Calvin was? She was an Anabaptist--by that time Baptist. Was she also a heretic?