1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Backsliding vs. Having Never Been Saved

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by StefanM, Apr 26, 2017.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate the contribution, but I am just going to have to agree to disagree on some points.

I firmly believe mental illness is real, and I firmly believe that I struggle with it. I'm not saying faith won't help, but not everything is as straightforward as you seem to imply.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This really helped ME, thank you brother for posting this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mental illness is definitely real. Its as real as the flu, stomach virus, or any other medical condition. I firmly believe you can reach a level of fellowship with The Spirit where He becomes as real to you as any human being you know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ravi Zacharias has a good treatment on the feeling of salvation and I believe it's called "Why don't I feel my faith". I'm sure it's easily found on the web.

5. Mr. Davis

Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stefan,

There are false teachers everywhere (Just look at what Christ said before He would return: Matthew 24.) And also Paul's letters to Timothy.

Don't be misled by those who say you can have a miraculous healing. Sometimes God will do that. More often, He has His own reasons not to. Even the Apostle Paul did not get a miraculous deliverance from his thorn in the flesh! God used this thorn to teach him humility and for Paul to rely entirely on God's grace to give him the strength to make it through another day.