Baptism +

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Dr. Walter New Member

You have a seared conscience that will not allow you to understand simple Biblcial truths no matter how much evidence is placed before your eyes. Acts 10:43 says explicitly and clearly that Old Testament prophets [and David was a prophet], beleived "IN HIS NAME" and received remission of sins BEFORE the cross!

The name "Jesus" means "Jehovah is salvation" and David and all Old Testament saints believed in Jehovah as their Savior. Jesus explicitly says that David believed in someone called "Lord" other than God the Father and that "Lord" is who Jesus Christ claimed to be:

Mk. 12:35 ¶ And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?
    36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son?

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
    30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.......34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

David distinguished Christ as God the Son, "my Lord" and believed both BY faith (instead of by works) and THROUGH faith "in his name" for the remission of sins.

My last post proved that Old Testament saints believed "through" and "by" faith in Christ (Rom. 3:24-26).

2. Dr. Walter New Member

Acts 26: 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
    18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Ro 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. OLD TESTAMENT QUOTE

Ro 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: JEWS AND GENTILES

Ro 3:28 Therefore we conclude that A MAN [not just jews, not just gentiles]is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Ro 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Ro 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ro 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Ro 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: [GENTILES]

Ga 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.[OLD TESTAMENT QUOTE]

Ga 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded ALL under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Ga 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. [JEWS]

Ga 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. [BOTH JEWS AND GENTILES]

Ga 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

.Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Did you read that? Paul teaches we are justified "BY" faith as well as "THROUGH" faith - they are snynomous!!

Ro 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; [OLD TESTAMENT SAINTS]

Ro 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Ro 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. [DIRECTLY APPLIED TO ABRAHAM AND HIS PRE-CROSS DESCENDENTS AS WELL AS POST-CROSS DESCENDANTS]

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

We have proven above that Paul uses "by faith" and "through faith" equally for the Jews as the Gentiles for pre-cross as well as post-cross saints!

Your theory is based on FALSEHOOD!

So don't tell us that Paul did not teach that justification was "by" faith and that imputed righteousness was "by" faith. Don't tell us that Jews were justified "by" faith and gentiles were justified "through" faith as though they were different!

The differnence between "by" and "through" faith is the difference between the agency and the object of faith. "By" faith is contrasted to "by works" and "through" faith refers to what is the object faith embraces. Both are essential for the same salvation, same gospel before and after the cross. Old Testament saints were saved "by" faith instead of "by" works and they were saved "through" faith which terminated on the object of Christ and his redemptive work. Likewise with the Post-cross saints. Likewise with Jewish versus Gentile saints. The preposition "by" defines faith as the agency in contrast to works. The preposition "through" defines faith as the channel or conduit that terminates on Christ as the object of faith.

3. ituttut New Member

I'll say it again in another way, and hopefully you may be able to understand what has happened for the first time, since the beginning. There had not been preached to a Gentile what we find in Acts 10:43-45, "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost".

In verse 43, Peter, and would imagine some with him, were prophets also, and they witnessed what happened as it occurred. For those of OLD, it is just the same as we find in John 8:56, when Abraham saw that day.

In verse 44 they witnessed the outpouring of the Holy Ghost on those they thought to be undeserving, the heathen Gentiles. This was unheard of and had never happened before. These heathens had never even been circumcised, baptized, or asked by God to make a covenant with Him.

All the heathens had to do was ", that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins". How do we know this is the first time? It is in the next verse. I repeat verse 45 which reads ". And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost".

By the Grace of God these Gentiles, without making covenant with God, without the hands of man involved, and without them having to make blood flow, were justified through faith alone by believing in Jesus Christ.
    You cannot find in scripture before Damascus Road one sealed in, while Living (once saved always saved) by the Holy Spirit, and it is done without HANDS OF MAN. It is ALL God's doing, and not ours.
    [/quote]
    That Great Commission has been put on hold now, until after the Rapture. It ended with the stoning of Stephen, and will return right after the Rapture.

All I can say is you do not believe Paul had a dispensational gospel, as shown in I Corenthians 9:17; Ephesenion 3:1-2; and Colossians 1:25. Three (3) times God tells me this. I came to the p;oint where I did believe God gave Paul the dispensational gospel for This Age, durig these last days before the rapture. Anybody can do it, if they wish. Peter did as we see in Acts 15:11, "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they". Some day that Last One will join us, and then we will see the Rapture.

ALERT! ALERT! Did you notice all of your references are BEFORE Damascus Road?
    Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
    10. But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
    11. Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles", II Timothy 1:9-11.
    Oh! How you love to judge others that believe what Christ Jesus tells us from heaven. Do you believe what you read in the Bible? I don't really believe you do, but just what you think will fit into you salvation. I believe what I find in such TRUTHS as we can find in II Corinthians 5:16, "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." All things are NEW, and we are not to try and bring Jesus from up on high back down here.

4. Dr. Walter New Member

Your "by" versus "through" faith has been thoroughly exposed as error. Your interpretation of Acts 10:43 flatly contradicts the very wording of the text. All the prophets gave this witness BEFORE Peter did. Hebrews 4:2 says they preached the same gospel as Paul as it is Paul writing Hebrew 4:2. Acts 26:22-23 says that Paul PREACHED "NONE OTHER THINGS" than what Moses and the prophets ACTUALLY PREACHED to both gentiles (Rahab, Ninevites, Ruth, etc.). However, you are saying they never preached what Peter says they did in Acts 10:43 or what Paul says they did in Hebrews 4:2 and thus according to you Paul did not preach "NONE OTHER THINGS" but rather did "PREACH OTHER THINGS."

According to you Peter lied to Corneilius and denied that the prophets preached "whosoever believeth in his name shall receive remission of sins" but preached something other than that!

The gift of the Holy Spirit was "tongues" with the baptism in the Spirit as Peter explicitly states in Acts 11:15-16 that occured "at the beginning" NOT A NEW GOSPEL. The baptism in the Spirit has nothing to do with the gospel and neither does tongues. the baptism in the Spirit has to do with public accreditation of the New house of God and what astonished the Jews was that God would accredit them on a EQUAL LEVEL in the new house of God instead of SUBORDINATE LEVEL as in the old house of God signified by the "middle wall of partition" found in the outer court.

Friend, ALL THE SAINTS prior to the Old Covenant and Moses were saved by the grace of God through faith in the name of Christ (Acts 10:43). NONE before the cross came to the Father except through faith in Christ (Jn. 14:6). Romans 3:25 explicitly teaches this as it refers to pre-cross saints. Not "some" of Abrahams seed were "justified by faith" and "through faith" but ALL of Abrahams' seed were "justified by faith" and "through faith" in Christ for the remission of sins. LOOK AT ROMANS 4:16 and tell me justification by and through faith is not the same for ALL of Abrahams promised seed. Compare Romans 4:16 with Galatians 3:22-26 which is talking about salvation for Jews BEFORE and AFTER the cross or those who were the "seed" of Abraham. I have proven this through the listing of "by" and "through" faith in the previous post WHICH YOU CANNOT ANSWER.

You are confusing SERVICE with SALVATION. You are confusing the OLD TESTAMENT HOUSE OF GOD with the NEW TESTAMENT HOUSE OF GOD. You are confusing "the middle wall of partition" that denied equal service in God's house with salvation that has always been the same.

[/QUOTE] That Great Commission has been put on hold now, until after the Rapture. It ended with the stoning of Stephen, and will return right after the Rapture. [/QUOTE]

So, "go..to ALL NATIONS" does not mean "ALL NATINS" and "until the end of the age" does not mean "until the end of the age"? So, beginning in Jersualem...unto the uttermost part of the earth does not mean it begins and ends in this age. You just change God's Word to suit your seared conscience.

The term "dispensation" has nothing to do with TIME but with administration or stewardship. Paul was given a special stewardship as an apostle to the Gentiles. Not to the end of the age because Paul did not live to the end of the age. His stewardship involved the same gospel (Heb. 4:2) preached by pre-cross prophets an "NONE OTHER THINGS" (Acts 26:22) in regard to salvation. It did include something new to the Gentiles - EQUAL MEMBERSHIP in the new house of God.

You do not believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ but in a fabricated demonic doctrine conceived in the pit of hell. Because Jesus did not preach "another gospel" but the same gospel Paul did but just to a different audiance. The Great Commission as given in Matthew 28:19-20 and Acts 1:8 exposes your heretical gospel. Jews were commissioned to preach the gospel of Christ to "ALL NATIONS" beginning at Jerusalem and ending "unto the uttermost parts of the earth" and "until the end of the age." These facts expose your theory as false. You twist the scriptures to fit your theology. Your whole foundation based upon "by" versus "through" has been shattered into a thousand peices and exposed as false.

5. Dr. Walter New Member

Paul preaches a "by faith" justification for "all" - Jews and Gentiles

Ro 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: JEWS AND GENTILES

Ro 3:28 Therefore we conclude that A MAN is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. [not just jews, not just gentiles]

Ro 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: [JEWS AND GENTILES]

Ga 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded ALL under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

["ALL" Jews and Gentiles]

Paul preached justified "through faith" for PRE-CROSS beleivers both Jews and Gentiles

Ro 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; [OLD TESTAMENT SAINTS]

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (JEWS as well as GENTILES in church at Rome)

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    [Jewish mother, Gentile Father]

"THROUGH" Faith for Jews prior to Acts 9

Ac 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

6. ituttut New Member

Part one

What you say here is true, and I have never disputed that. But what you are ignorant of, because you cannot see it, is that Jesus Christ from heaven did intervene in the affairs of men. This happened on Damascus Road. In your writings you short swift this incident, thereby ignoring His Grace toward the Gentile.

This explains your devotion to David, which distracts from your worship to My Lord Jesus Christ. David is GREAT we all know for from him (David tahe King of Israel) did come Jesus our Lord.

7. Dr. Walter New Member

Jesus did not appear to Saul on the road to Damascus to change the gospel! He appeared to him to send him to the Gentiles because the apostles at Jerusalem, as well, as the Jewish congregation at Jerusalem were slow to obey their commission. He gave him nothing new on the damacus road. He simply reinforced what he had already commanded and commissioned. Saul was simply new blood to take up this outreach to the Gentiles and the apostles at Jerusalem supported him.

Where do you get the idea that I have a particular devotion to David? I simply used David as one example for many I could have used. He is but one of "all the prophets" that Peter said preached remission of sins through faith in the name of Christ (Acts 10:43). The apostles BEFORE Saul was converted, before Saul began to persecute, were preaching "faith through his name"

Ac 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Simply because none of them are teaching what you interpret them to teach! The Gentiles were saved by grace through faith in his name since Genesis 3 and before Saul was called on the road to demascus - SEE ACTS 3:16 ABOVE! However, after the time of Abraham God primarily worked among the Jews but not exclusively. What Jesus ushered in with the Great Commission was new shift in priorities. Now the Lord will work primarily among the Gentiles but not exclusively. NO NEW SALVATION no new gospel.

You still cannot respond to the evidence of "by" and "through" texts that I have placed before you! Why? Because your theory is wrong and you can't respond.

Your statement above is false! Completely False! They PREACHED the same gospel as Paul did and hebrews 4:2 explicitly states they preached the same gospel. Acts 3:16 proves "faith THROUGH his name " was not new with Paul. Acts 10:43 proves that "whosoever beleiveth in his name shall receive remission of sins" was not new with Paul.

Again what you say is false. What do you think the words "without price" means in Isaian 55:1? What do you think Isaiah 53 is preaching? Whatevery you answer you give better be the same as the answer given by Philip BEFORE Paul was converted when he preached Jesus to the Eunuch in Acts 8! Whatever answer you give better be the same answer as Paul's in Romans 10:16? Your statement is false. Paul uses the terms "justified FREELY BY HIS GRACE" (Rom. 3:24) to explain God's justification of Old Testament Saints in Romans 3:25! Paul says that Abraham was justified without works and by grace in Romans 4:1-6!

I am patiently dealing with your gross ignorance of God's Word. The Great Commission was given by Jesus Christ while on earth to take the SAME GOSPEL to "THE NATIONS" until "the end of the age" and they were to BEGIN in Jerusalem and continue "unto the uttermost parts of the earth" (Acts 1:8). This is the same commission given to Paul - not one whit difference and Paul did the same thing. He went with the gospel; baptized those who beleived and gathered them into congregations where they could be taught how to observe all things JUST LIKE the apostles did in Acts 2:41!

Why did you stop at verse 19????? I will tell you why, because verse 20 exposes your heretical teaching! Mark wrote his gospel long after Paul was converted and verse 20 says the apostles obeyed this commission!!Mark went on the first missionary journey with Paul and Barnabas and he wrote it long after that. Morever. Paul is "preaching the kingdom" in Acts 28:31! So much for your false intepretation of preaching the gospel of the kingdom .

Ac 20:25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Ac 28:31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Please read your scriptures because another apostle was selected in Acts 1 and from that point forward they are called "the twelve" by the Holy Spirit

Ac 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

Why don't you listen to him because he refutes everything you are teaching! Paul told the gentile church at Ephesus that they were built on "THE APOSTLES" plural not the apostle Paul singular (Eph. 2:20). Paul told the Gentile church at Corinth that God set "APOSTLES" plural into the church not the SINGULAR apostle Paul.

If extreme ignorance is bliss you are in the 7th heaven!

8. ituttut New Member

Part two

How soon we forget, or never knew, that John joined hands that he would not go to the Gentile. It is Paul that speaks to us today, we ALL BEING GENTILES.

The WHOLE Bible is written to all of us, and I believe it ALL. But I also have personal mail I read quite a bit, and that PERSONAL MAIL to all of us today can only be found in the Epistles of Paul who is the APOSTE TO BOTH GENTILE, AND JEW.

I read ALL of MY MAIL, for it ALL tells me that what Christ Jesus revealed to Paul IS TRUE. These Epistles are our Love Letters from Christ Jesus.
    This is the reason I read the WHOLE Bible, for there are things in there that God wants us to know. But it is in the Epistles of Paul that WE FIND that we ALL can be saved By the Grace of GOD THROUGH FAITH. IT S A FREE GIFT that Peter came to realize. Wasn't it Peter that commanded those of Israel to repent and be baptized for the remission of their sins?Hasn't Christ Jesus from heaven told us differently?

Remember that it is Paul that Christ Jesus told him that he was the Apostle to the Gentile. Why do you not accept the Word of God from Heaven?

But what you are evidently willingly ignorant of is that Jesus Christ was on earth, and as He tells you, you must Repent of your sins, and you must be baptized for the Remission of YOUR SINS. And then you Will Receive the Holy Spirit, and You will be Able to Heal People (on demand), and you will be able to eat Poisonous Food, and It will not phase you, and you will let any kind of snake in the world BITE you, and you will not DIE. You need to rethink your position in Christ.
    And scripture shows they did begin in Israel; But Israel did not Respond, and the Apostles never left Israel with the Great Commission. Acts 8:1, "And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles." Can't you see NOW why the need for Damascus Road?
    My gosh man, Can't you see you are proving my point, Paul is the one that God chose to bring Light?
    My good man did you know synonymous also means similar to, and can mean nearly the same? BY Faith means nearly the same as Through Faith, but not exactly the same for the HOLY SPIRIT saw to it that THROUGH FAITH Justification of the Gentile is Not Known until After Damascus Road.

I really do wish you would believe your Apostle Paul, for he understood the difference for Christ Jesus raveled it to him. Romans 3:24-26, "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."

If you will just once again read Hebrews 11 you will find that All those named were justified HOW? They All are by faith, and not any through faith for there was (verse 25 above) no lasting"remission of sins that are past.When God looked on the Mercy Seat, that one time yearly, He saw the Blood of an Animal. But then immediately the Sins reappeared, as the Blood of the Animal could not remove sin, but only cover until the High Priest again shed the Blood of another Animal the next year.

Now read the full of verse 25 above, "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God". Can you see why as Hebrews 11 shows, they All were justified by the Grace of God, as verse 24 shows God had to WINK of the Sins Past, until "through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus". That is All the Way Through His Blood shed on the Cross on the ground that we come to our Lord Jesus Christ in heaven. We just cannot make into the heavenlies until we COME THROUGH HIS BLOOD.

9. Dr. Walter New Member

I have thoroughly exposed and repudiated every point you have made and yet you simply repeat it all over again like a parrot. You have a "seared" conscience that no amount of evidence will turn you from your errors.

1. Through faith in his name PRECEDES Paul in Acts 3:16 just as "by" faith precedes Paul and salvation has always been a "free" gift (Isa. 55:1-5; Rom. 3:24-25) before and after the cross.

2. The same gospel of free grace is preached before and after the cross

3. No new gospel was committed to Paul

4. The Great Commission given in Matthew 28:19-20 is the only commission ever given by Christ to his people in this age - Paul received no different mission.

5. The new revelation through Paul concerns the removal of "the middle wall of partition" in the house of God.

6. Paul's ministry is primarily to the Gentiles while the twelve (acts 6:2) is primarily toward the Jewish dispersion.

7. Paul preached the remission of sins through faith in the gospel as much as Peter did and baptism declares it (Rom. 6:4-6; 1 Pet. 3:21).

8. The signs and wonders accompanied Paul as much as the Twelve (2 Cor. 12:12).

Your teaching a false doctrine and I don't think you are gaining any converts on this forum.

10. ituttut New Member

11. Dr. Walter New Member

Acts 26:18 [1] To open their eyes, and [2] to turn them from darkness to light, and [3] from the power of Satan unto God, that [4] they may receive forgiveness of sins, and [5] inheritance among them which are [6] sanctified by faith [/7] that is in me.

I am reading it correctly. Note that the first four items describe what happens to them. Items number four and five describes what they receive because of items 1-3. However, item number six describes why they receive numbers 4-5. The term "sanctified" simply means "set apart." They are set apart "BY faith" to receive forgiveness of sins and inheritance. This is the consistent teaching of Paul! We receive remission of sins "BY faith." Item 7 defines the object of that faith "in me".

You do not understand the Biblical doctrine of justification. Paul explains it for you in Romans 4:5-8 that it consists of two aspects. (1) Imputed righteousness; (2) non-imputation of sins - thus justification is the vindication of the believer before God based upon imputed righteousness and remission of sins "BY FAITH...in me"!

You simply do not understand basic Biblical truth concerning justification "by faith" in Christ. This text utterly destroys your whole interpretative model and exposes it as absolute nonsense and heresy. My friend it is you that does not read it correctly because you don't understand it.

12. Dr. Walter New Member

13. Dr. Walter New Member

14. Dr. Walter New Member

You talk about the kettle calling the pot black! That is exactly what you did in making your argument about "through" faith!! You claimed that Paul ushered in a new gospel that was "through" faith instead of "by" faith and that "by" faith was the Jewish and Old Testament Gospel. You selected some texts while ignoring other texts.

However, I have taken the scriptures to prove that Paul by his own words used "by" faith in perfect harmony with "through" faith" and that those previous to Paul used "through faith" in perfect harmony with "by faith" and all you can do his complain about the very thing your guilty of!

Notice you give no valid response to these texts but only assert I have taken them out of context! Why? Because the very texts refute your position!!

HERE IS A PRE-DEMASCUS ROAD "THOUGH" FAITH IN CHRIST TEXT

Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Ro 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Ro 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ro 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Ga 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Ga 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Ga 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Ga 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Ga 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith..

Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

I dare you to show/prove that the above verses are jerked out of context and I dare you to prove that "through" faith in Acts 3:16 does not apply to PRE-DEMASCUS gospel preached by the apostles and that "by" faith is not the consistent gospel continued to preach Paul for ALL SAINTS before and after the Damascus road! I dare you!

15. Dr. Walter New Member

The same Preacher (Peter) is the author of both these texts. One is before the Damascus road call to Saul and the other is after and yet not one whit difference:

Acts 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth IN him shall receive remission of sins.

Go learn what this means!

16. Mike Stidham Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the OP is describing sounds more like "Church of the Brethren" which grew out of the German Baptists you describe. Like other Anabaptists (ex. Mennonites) they do baptize three times, once for each member of the Trinity.

17. ituttut New Member

But to you I know who is evidently a Christian, I put a question. Why is it that Peter says wisdom was granted to Paul, and that Paul has written to them specifically in Hebrews, in an effort to enlighten them? And much earlier in Acts Peter tells us THEY CAN NOW BE SAVED JUST LIKE THE GENTILES.
    In all of my writings, I am saying nothing different. There are just something's that God Hid, until He was ready to make known.
    Why? Earlier it looked as if David was your focal point. Perhaps this may be reason, certain ones believe I put too much on Paul.
    Yes we can all see clearly that the healing power of the Holy Spirit BY involving the Name of the Lord. I don't believe that some being healed means being justified.

18. Dr. Walter New Member

God gave every writer of the New Testament wisdom. Peter is confirming that what Paul wrote was by inspiration and thus comparable to "other scriptures" (2 Pet. 3:15-17. Why don't you read that enlightenment and believe it! Read Heb. 2:1-4 and you will see that the great salvation that Paul preached was revealed to the 12 BEFORE it was revealed to Paul. Read Heb. 4:2 and you will see that the SAME GOSPEL was preached in the time of Moses as preached now by Paul.

Absolutely false! Peter says just the reverse! He says the Gentiles are to be saved like them:

Acts 10:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
    18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Acts 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
    9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

The only thing Hid, was that Gentiles would be EQUAL to Jews in regard to their status in the New house of God wherein there was to be no "middle wall of partition." Hence, the exclusivity of Jewish dominance in the house of God was to be no more. In regard to salvation the Old Testament prophets repeatedly and clearly predicted that God would turn from the Jews as the predominate sphere of redemption unto the Gentiles as the predominant sphere of redemption. This is quoted in Acts 15 by James and in Romans 9:26-29 and in Romans 11 by Paul. The well known predicted shift from Israel to the nations was new only in the sense of occurrence not in the sense of revelation as the Old Testament is full of this prediction.

My argument was clearly laid out! David was simply used in my line of argument to prove that salvation by grace through faith in Christ is the position of all the prophets in the Old Testament. I furnished David as such an example. I furnished Abraham as the example. I don't know how to make it any clearer and yet you seem incapable of understanding examples being offered.

You cannot even be honest with the text. Look at your statement above! You says "BY involving the name of the Lord." Your misquote and misinterpretation of the text reveals you realize you are in error! If healing of the body is received "THROUGH faith IN HIS NAME" then prior to Paul they were capable of receiving benefits from God "THROUGH faith IN HIS NAME" just as they were capable of receiving remission of sins "THROUGH His name" (Acts 10:43).

There is no sense in continuing this discussion as you are incapable of accepting the Word of God on this matter. Your consience is "seared" on this subject and no matter how much Biblical evidence is placed squarely in front of your nose you are going to reject and twist to suit your belly (desires).

You miss the point! It was "THROUGH" faith "IN HIS NAME" not "BY" as you even use in your quote above where you say "BY involving the Name of the Lord." Y

19. ituttut New Member

God had mysteries untold, and still has, but He has revealed to us The Body of Christ's Church.

And as to "ek", and "dia. I've answered you on this. EK and DIA are not the SAME. Paul used dia instead of ek, as ek here does not lend itself to through, such as water entering a pipe and then emerging from the pipe. When the water comes out of the pipe (faucet), then we can take a Bath and be clean as the water came through the Pipe. If we come by the pipe then we are clean. This is what happens when the Holy Spirit baptizes us.

When we use dia we have the choice to use by, through, or others, but the word used should be specific in order for us to know what is being said. It is by faith that God makes us Righteous/purified through Jesus Christ. So it is BY Faith that we are Justified THROUGH Faith.

20. ituttut New Member

You continue to caste doubt as to the infallibility of the Bible. HEBREWS 4:2, "For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it." They did not BY Faith believe in Messiah, as did Abraham, Moses, et al.

Only those of the e Jewish Faith are addressed. Remember at this time the Jewish by (ek) faith justification was still alive, and the gospel preached to them, and those of Old did not mix in Faith of the promise to enter HIS REST. Messiah was promised God's People, but they did not believe Messiah when He came, and those of Old would not have either. If we continue to read Hebrews we come to Chapter 6:11-[12, "And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: 12. That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises".

How can you fail to see in verse 12, right above, that the gospel of ek (by) faith has NOW become the gospel of "dia" (through) Faith? We can see all the way THROUGH Acts (The BRIDGE) to get us from the OLD to the NEW) it is possible for them to Inherit the Promises.

Acts 3:16 that you mention shows the various Versions of the Bible using different words. Some say "through", "by"; "on"," in"… But the Greek word The Greek word epi will not support through, unless used to indicate such as throughout, which would not make much sense here.

I'll answer, once again Acts 10:43. First this is after Damascus Road where we see the Gentiles now are going to have their very own Apostle. And as we actually see in scripture as to HOW the Gentile is JUSTIFIED. It is through faith justification that we are saved. And who witnessed this THROUGH HIS NAME SALVATION? It was all of the Prophets. Do you have any idea of what is happening at that moment? Isn't it clear that now the FOUNDATION the foundation can be laid (with Jesus Christ as the Cornerstone), as Prophecy and the mystery are being merged? The Apostles were told they would understand, and here is where they begin their education of the Kingdom of Heaven, and the Kindeom of god.