1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist pastor comes out as transgender in zoom sermon, gets fired and sues church

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, being this is a church in Canada. I'm really surprised 'the majority of the votes' were determined 'theological reasons'

• Like Like x 1
  2. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thoughts:
    1. No, but we should do it anyway.
    2. No, but the kitchen should be clean and healthy.
    3. Yes. To me it's in the congregation's interest to have the facility checked out by a fire-protection expert.
    4. Yes, if they're driven on public roads. I'd prefer having it done by a church member who is authorized to do the inspections but that's not always possible.
    5. No, beyond the fire safety inspection. I can support testing in basic subjects, unless the state's version of "basic" includes requirements to teach/learn anti-biblical material.

3. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Big difference between a church (building and organizational parameters) which is of this temporal existence meaning temporary necessity and the church whose names are written in heaven and is eternal.

Hebrews 12
    22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evidently, you are not able to figure out what I was trying to say.
    Even if I try to explain it to you -...
    of - forget it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quit reading at "She".

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The suit alleges that Joplin 'pursued a progressive and LGBTQ+ inclusive ministry' during his time in church leadership, which is a trend consistent with many contemporary churches that are 'deconstructing' biblical authority to embrace such worldly views of sexuality and gender identity."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Her's? What about yours?

9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds good to me.
    Gives me another reason to be proud of my Confederate heritage.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Glerse

Glerse New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why are transgenders not accepted in the bible? Is this an act of evil? How about the genes behind it? I'm just curious.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh wow! Where to begin? First, may I ask if you are a Baptist?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A man claiming to be a sexual woman, and a woman claiming to be sexual man, is another type of homosexuality. All homosexuality is spoken against in the scriptures, both new and old testament. There is Satan and the demons and they always are exerting their sway over the minds of mankind. to influence them and pull them away from what God has said.
    First one is then actually man lusting after other man (pretending to be a woman but really they are a man, man with a man). For trans people also look at how they act out, they are highly sexualized and passionately obsessed and proud of it (gay pride worldwide is a thing) , their whole being and identity is caught up in this. I as a man I don't constantly obsess over my masculinity, and tell other people you must accept me, but for them this is how they center their entire life.

That passion is not of the Father, (God), it is of the world.

1 John 2:16-18
    New King James Version

16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Deceptions of the Last Hour
    18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

1 Corinthians 6:8-10
    New King James Version

8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I bet you that this pastor dressed in feminine ways prior to this, and everybody was too cowed into saying anything about it by the current culture.

Men ought to dress as men and women as women. He made them separate with different functions. I had a feller show up to my Church one time for singing, and his recorded music was being played over the speakers and he sounded all feminine, like most male CCM. I told my wife out loud "I betchu this feller wears skinny jeans". Little did I know he was standing two feet away and he looked over at me when I said that. Sure enough, this "man" was wearing a pair of little skinny jeans. Looked like a barbie doll. My wife was all embarrassed, but I stood by my comment and still do. My spine is straight and it ain't bending. It ain't right and people need to start saying it. It's affecting our generation's children.

Us men need to not be cowed into calling out other males that feel the need to dress feminine just as we do with other sin. Adult men should provide masculine role models to young boys. Men are NOT made to be feminine and to do so is sinful. And that ain't blackguarding no one, it's simple truth.

Whether true or not, in the words of the great Johnny Cash, "God Bless Robert E. Lee"!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Transgenders” are mentally ill. They should be in treatment and the treatment cannot be that everyone else go along with the mental illness.

People with such mental illness are disqualified from serving as pastors.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Our medical doctors don't consider it a mental illness anymore, they used to .
    What does that say about the mental condition of those forcing society to accept homosexuality as normal and good? Which is an abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Deuteronomy 22:5
    A woman must not wear men's clothing, and a man must not wear women's clothing, for whoever does these things is detestable, abomination unto the LORD thy God.

A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

Jesus taught us God made them male and female, so for them to act out different is rebelling against God.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    abomination definition,

NOUN
    1. a thing that causes disgust or hatred.
    Our society today is an abomination unto the Lord our God, world society through time has been and is abominable to God, it is why Christ does this for us.
    He choose us out of the world, we are not of the world. Or another interesting way to read is perhaps more scriptural, because we are not of the world, HE chose us out of the world....as God the Father, He had foreknown us as His people before our birth. Romans 8

And we wont share it's doomed fate.

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.

19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.

17. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abe Lincoln famously said if you call a tail a leg, a dog still has 4 legs because calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it true.

They are mentally ill. They are still committing suicide at high rates, not because some don’t accept them, but because they are mentally ill.

It is medical malpractice to pretend these folks aren’t mentally ill. It prevents them from getting the help they need.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sodom and Gomorrah was not destroyed by any man, but by God. Society does not recognize the evil. And it spreads like gangrene in society. I do think there are different levels of hell awaiting the dead.

Deuteronomy 32:22
    For a fire is kindled in My anger, And shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, And set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

19. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm Guilty! It's easy to pretend something is right or means one thing when I say it and wrong or means something else if another person says it! Thanks for the mirror adjustment! I just saw one of my Blind Spots!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another wrong unscriptural thing this Baptist pastor did, was sue believers in court. Paul warns the church not to sue other believers in court.
    No ifs ands or buts... Paul clearly states that this is shameful, and if your true to the Christian faith you will rather accept the wrong, v7.
    Christians who sue Christians before the unbelieving world's unrighteous courts and not before the saints, are utter failures in the faith.

You should rather let yourself be cheated.
    Of course toward this particular pastor would apply Matthew 18, and so the church would treat this person as a 'tax collector and heathen unbeliever' outside of the church, which is proved by the actions done.

15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
    16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’
    17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

1 Corinthians 6
    Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!

7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.