1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Baptist"

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Steve Allen, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is why I am a reformed baptist, as those 2 items differiate us form Presby Reformed Christians!

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He must have mossed that part in Bible where King david said that he would one day meet his infant son who died, and do not think david meant hell!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not agree with those who state thebaptist church started in Acts, but would agree that what they taught and held with would be pretty much Baptist!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did you get into that church then?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    a Presbyterian would forgive a parent (s) for not infant baptizing if they were already a member of their church. so if you are a member, the kid is called safe (because he/she is a family member).....but Heaven forbid your not, then they conclude your kids in hell.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's good!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The purpose of the Duiscipline should be to rstore that person back to the correct walk with jesus Christ, but that of course stipulates they were saved to start!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are assuming that which only belongs to God, namely, ther eternal state of the child!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John was filled wi the the Holy Spirit while in His mothers womb, called to be the Messenger to come before the messiah, so was not the norm for sure!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that the Lord has decided to elect unto eternal life all those who died as infants, or are born with mental difficulties, such as retardation...

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It started in Wales and then spread. In the USA it took hold in Providence RI & again spread. The Welsh though are wingnuts.....out of them you get Quakers (see the history of William Penn, Pennsylvania, Delaware), Mormons, Welsh Methodists, Primitive Baptists, Congregationalists... anything but the state religion of the time. Bunch of obstinate people....Roger Williams, William Penn, Jefferson Davis, yada yada.....names like Morgan, Jones, Lewis, Price, Thomas, Davies etc.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basically....despite my objection God put me there.

I met with the pastor to inquire about their belief. They are not anti-non KJV churches but do mandate the KJV for church teaching. No "double inspiration" teaching. They are not legalistic, but they do believe those in church leadership should exceede the standards as an example (women teachers wear dresses as an exceeded standard of modesty.....which I understand).

I do not hold churches to my standard. If God is working in that church and they are faithful to the gospel and a true church, then I can (sometimes not easily....as with PSA) set aside secondary, third, and fourth issues to worship with my brethren.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They sound somewhat different from real KJVO then, as those churches mandate the use of the Kjv BOTH in church and at Home settings, as being the only valid transaltion to use. many churches use the same translation for church, so that is nothing new, as have sen Niv/Esv/Nas as well as kjv for that!

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK wear a jacket & tie....God will reward you for it! LOL

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would be a nice sign of respect for God!

17. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if a person no longer follows Christ as a disciple that negates their eternal Salvation?... First of all where is the grace in that?... If they did nothing to get it as I believe and I believe the Bible teaches, how can you lose something you didn't earn in the first place?... One more thing, is it up to you to say who is saved and who is not?... Are you a heart reader?... God knows his children!... I know you are a firm believer in election... Me too... If one is elected can the same one elected, un elect themselves?... Brother Glen:)

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forget that nonsense about discipline will ya. You cant stand up there like a roman pope & start legislating who is right & who is wrong based on your individual faith practices. Up here you'd be told to get stuffed & then they would walk out. The fact of the matter is that Baptistic baptism is nothing but a call to be a member of a particular community, nothing more. God will not punish you, castigate you or ridicule you, or keep you from Him.....thats the function of a church playing God.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think that but its not. Just another stupid tradition.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice what the Apostle Paul is telling these brethren in Philippians, in a nut shell don't worry about brother A or sister B but tend to your own business... Don't concern yourself with their Salvation, tend to your own 24/7... The Lord can take care of them, the same way he takes care of you... Brother Glen:)

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.