Becoming a member at a Baptist Church

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible John, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Bible John New Member

What do you say about this church?

http://www.mountzionbc.org/vision.htm

I want a church like the Baptistic one I attended from 2004-January 2006 in Northern California. Calvary Chapel is okay, and its certainly easier on my car driving there, than driving into Redwood City from the Mountains. But my credit debt will never go away with the low paying job that I have at this time, so I need a new job anyways. More charges to my car fixing it for these drives, oh well. I'll be $5K in CC debt soon. I dont care anymore.

But the HUGE problem with Calvary Chapel is that they care very little about Church Education.

I want to join a Baptist Church but I need a healthy and well balanced one and one that is local. If you do not live in the San mateo County area, or you are not familiar with the SF bay Area then you will not understand.

Thanks

John

2. Bible-boy Active Member

Hello John,

I don't know anything about the area where you live. Have you tried doing an internet search for Baptist Churches in your area? Have you tried contacting the Southern Baptist Convention in your state to see if they can point you to an existing church near you? Likewise, they may be able to point you to a church planting missionary that is working in your area and who may be in need of your assistance. Try going to the website for the SBC Golden Gate Seminary and contacting them to see if they can point you to a church near you. Also, I believe that Squire Robertson (an Administrator here on the BB) lives in Northern California. Try PMing him.

3. preacher New Member

Try asking OUR Lord where HE would have you!!

Works everytime....Guarenteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Bible-boy Active Member

I think his request is coming from the fact that he is new to the area and does not know of any Baptist churches (he wishes to join a solid Baptist church) near his home. So he looking for help from his fellow BB members in that area that may be able to suggest churches for him to visit. Certainly praying for the Lord's guidance is appropriate particularly once he has narrowed the field to make a choice between a couple of prospective churches.

5. Cailiosa New Member

If you find the church the Lord wants you in, then He will provide a way for you to attend and not be going into debt. I am going to Bible School this fall in Florida, and I have $12 in my bank account of money that isn't going to bills, but you know what, I am in God's will and He is taking care of me, and I know He will provide the money and the way to go down to Florida, and not be in debt. I am trusting wholly on Him, because I cannot do it on my own.

When you are in His will, He will take care of you.

6. Bible-boy Active Member

I have moved this thread here because the poster of the OP is searching for a Baptist church in his area to join, but according to his member profile he is currently not a Baptist (or attending a Baptist church). Therefore, according to the BB rules he is not allowed to post in a Baptist Only section yet. Moderators please do not move this thread into a Baptist Only Forum.

7. J. Jump New Member

Brother finding a solid Bible preaching doctrine teaching church is getting harder and harder this days. I live in the greater Houston area and I am terribly disappointed with what I have found down here :(

But let not your heart be troubled, because this is exactly they way Scripture describes the state of the church in these final days. It's sad, but it is a reality and will only get worse, but that means the closer the return of our Lord is! Praise be to God!!

8. genesis12 Member

We just got a notice that actual annual interest on one of our cards was going to 33%. If you've got one of those I'd suggest paying off the $5000 asap! I agree that God will find a SBC for you .. all you have to do is do the suggested internet search.

9. StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Why not join the Penninsula Bible Church? I attended it years ago when Pastor Ray Stedmon was there and I don't know how it has changed since then but it was a great church when I went there.

10. Rooselk Member

I visited Penninsula Bible Church years ago when Ray Stedman was still pastor. That is an excellent church! I was looking at the PBC website just the other day and it looks like they are continuing in the direction that Stedman set them on.

Ray Stedman was a remarkable man. He not only worked under Harry Ironside and J. Vernon McGee when he was young, he was a mentor to the likes of Luis Palau and Chuck Swindoll when they were young men starting in ministry.