Being Slain in the Spirit? Part Two

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible-boy, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Satan cannot do real healings. Satan is come to steal, kill and destroy; not heal.

Satan can give appearances of good, but the Bible tells us he is a liar from the beginning and the truth is not in him.

Therefore, satan cannot impart to anyone a true healing... whether he brought a disease or infirmity on that person or not. Whether he withdraws from that person or not.

It is by Jesus stripes we are healed, not by satan removing himself from a person.

And besides, satan will not remove himself from a person until that person is submitted to God. If that person is submitted to God, he or she can resist satan and satan will flee.

2. SpiritualMadMan New Member

Standing,

Beg to differ there have been verified "Psychic Healings/Healers" in the Phillipines and other Asian Countries...

If satan can put it on you he can sure take if off...

I am pretty sure that what we have is more of a semantical and definition issue?

But, to the people decieved thereby they sure appear to be legitimate and physician verifiable healings...

I think the issue in these deceptions is distraction until death removes an oppurtunity for Salvation...

As the liar satan is, he will appear to leave for the sake of confusing people out of hearing the gospel...

Acts 13:8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for that is what his name means) opposed them and tried to turn the proconsul from the faith.
    Acts 13:9 Then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at Elymas and said,
    Acts 13:10 "You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?

I think we are on the same page...

Just want to be sure...

Mike Sr.

3. Claudia_T New Member

Standing,

You know when Jesus says He will say to some... "I never knew you, depart from Me, ye that work iniquity" and they had said But Lord we cast out devils... etc...

In your opinion, do you think when they did this casting out of devils, was it through the power of God?

Claudia

4. Claudia_T New Member

Standing,

see in verse 6 where God tells Satan he is can go ahead and give Job all the boils but God also said "but save his life?

See, Satan can do as much as he wants to and then just quit.

Job 2:
    1: Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
    2: And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
    3: And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
    4: And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
    5: But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
    6: And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.
    7: So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

5. Claudia_T New Member

...I guess that really wasnt a very good example, was it? LOL!

well I tried, anyway

6. Pete New Member

Just for a change I'm going off-topic ;)

In the cab I get to see close to the worst of this generation...I thank God though that I've also seen the best of it in the privilege of teaching Sunday school and some young peoples Bible studies. When I see them at work now in various ministries and using the abilities (I used the word "gifts" there, but figured that could be controversial so changed it ;) ) God has given them I almost wish I was 20 years younger

7. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Claudia,

If Jesus said 'I never knew you', it means He never knew them. They never cast out devils. Satan cannot cast out satan.

They were just trying to lie their way into the kingdom.

Also, satan cannot do everything he wants to... he gets the ok from God to do what God allows him to do

8. Bible-boy Active Member

Let's get on topic and stay on topic please. The topic of this thread is the question of being slain in the Spirit (SITS). This thread is not intended to discuss healings and/or how healings occur etc. If you wish to discuss healing please start a new thread.