1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Believers must endure in the faith to the end of life to be saved

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Show me their eyes TODAY.

Please do us a favor and take 5 minutes to contemplate a absolute Sovereignty.

Please take a moment to google OMNIPOTENT.

He healed them. Forced too. When did they agree to be born blind?

Who made who?

Any GOOD choice, wise choice, beneficial choice etc. has been locked as being credited God not to the blind.

God sticks his finger up the blind guy's back wiggles it and blind guy says "hey I'm having a great day"

In fact in a Calvinist system miracles for what purpose? To flaunt power a infantile test of will, more so when you are the only free-will around.

Your entire theology insults God as an idiot. He literally can't teach anyone to tie their own shoe, too stupid to make someone else with free will for one.

2. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your hatred of God's work on your behalf is noted. Here's your ice pick. Gouge away.

3. utilyan

Site Supporter

Well its only because I love God I find what you think of God is insulting.

In fact I can't do better job of insulting God then you can.

You call God's work totally depraved.

When you sin you even blame God for it.

When we both see same person on the way to hell, I say he isn't doing what God wanted him to do. You would say its God's fault because God did not regenerate him.

If you can convince me God is a idiot I would wholeheartedly agree with you.

4. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, you are saying all right ... you and your sayings major in confusion!

FYI ... walking in the light is the opposite of walking in darkness.

What is all this flim-flamming, hedging of bets, CYA stuff?

5. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, now we're getting somewhere!
    Except for the seal part ... seals can be broken.
    Stay tuned for a report on David Wilkerson's book.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that if you have a faith that endures until the end you will be met with the words "I never knew you" by Jesus Christ?

If so, then you deserve pity, not debate because you lack the faith you claim. If not, then you need to reexamine your theories because what you are denying is not the faithfulness of man but the faithfulness of God.

7. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You seem to hate God and manipulate His word to fit your narrative. I have ice picks for sale so you can poke your eyes out. Perhaps you desire being blind over sight. Who am I to deprive you of your wish.

8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How would a blind man know and why would a sighted man choose blindness?

9. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you take David Wilkerson as your biblical expert?

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

What sort of idiot sees the command of God and concludes that's not what he wants done?

11. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You.

You have declared what everyone else believes and then you manipulate God's word to force it to mean what you want to believe.

Utilyan, you are the idiot. Look in the mirror.

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

Your right I'm a Calvinist.:Biggrin

James 2
    24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

The above verse probably means that man is justified by faith alone and not by works. :Geek

13. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are the king of forcing a false narrative regarding Calvinism and then pushing your own bizarre belief based upon one verse without context. It is impossible to have a common sense conversation with you. Stay stuck in your closed off world utilyan. Just know that you live in a theological world where no one else abides. That ought to be a red flag for you.

14. utilyan

Site Supporter

1.2 billion agree with me. Baptist buddies don't agree with you. If John Calvin were alive he'd have you drowned like the Anabaptists. That's your own teacher.

What's the name of your church again? No body knows because its only been around since last weekend like with any other fundy.

How you going to tell John Calvin how Calvinism works.......that's stupid. Even Jesus Christ were around you'd probably argue with him over what he means too.

You got Baptist teaching wrong, John Calvin's teaching wrong, Jesus Christ teaching wrong.

There's no reformation about you, just deformation.

Bizarre belief is being clueless to God's wants and desire after the command is established. As if God is some loon who wants one thing and sabotages the means to have it.

15. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your ability to tell yourself a lie does not therefore make your comments true, utilyan. Multiple people have shown how badly you misrepresent God's word and continue to state a false narrative about Calvin. Such prejudice on your part makes your argument that much weaker. Carry on if you insist.

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

John Calvin was for infant baptism, and your regeneration starts at baptism.

Institutes 4 chap 16

16. PAEDOBAPTISM. ITS ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTITUTION OF CHRIST, AND THE NATURE OF THE SIGN.

5.Infants are participants in the covenant
    Now, if we are to investigate whether or not baptism is justly given to infants, will we not say that the man trifles, or rather is delirious, who would stop short at the element of water, and the external observance, and not allow his mind to rise to the spiritual mystery? If reason is listened to, it will undoubtedly appear that baptism is properly administered to infants as a thing due to them. The Lord did not anciently bestow circumcision upon them without making them partakers of all the things signified by circumcision. He would have deluded his people with mere imposture, had he quieted them with fallacious symbols: the very idea is shocking. I is distinctly declares, that the circumcision of the infant will be instead of a seal of the promise of the covenant. But if the covenant remains firm and fixed, it is no less applicable to the children of Christians in the present day, than to the children of the Jews under the Old Testament. Now, if they are partakers of the thing signified, how can they be denied the sign? If they obtain the reality, how can they be refused the figure? The external sign is so united in the sacrament with the word, that it cannot be separated from it; but if they can be separated, to which of the two shall we attach the greater value? Surely, when we see that the sign is subservient to the word, we shall say that it is subordinate, and assign it the inferior place. Since, then, the word of baptism is destined for infants why should we deny them the signs which is an appendage of the word? This one reason, could no other be furnished, would be amply sufficient to refute all gainsayers. The objection, that there was a fixed day for circumcision, is a mere quibble. We admit that we are not now, like the Jews, tied down to certain days; but when the Lord declares that though he prescribes no day, yet he is pleased that infants shall be formally admitted to his covenant, what more do we ask?

17. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Vine says "knew" means "approved of" ... so, that's up to Jesus, isn't it?
    Faithfulness is the responsibility of both parties of the New Covenant.
    As you will see in the report on Wilkerson's book.

18. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, but you're not proving that it's a salvation issue, are you?

19. utilyan

Site Supporter

Does God want you to be saved?

There is tons of self-explanatory information based on God making a command and calling things sin.

If everyone did what God commanded, what he wants, who wouldn't get salvation?

Its unlike well don't matter what you do and God installs a light bulb on particular folks or brands them like cattle.

The Calvinist bible should be one page big "I got it covered, maybe I see you later" --Jesus.

20. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good to know you're a Wilkinsonite. This explains much. I am now offering hot dog sticks for a low price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.