1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bennett: Auto Bailout Probably Won't Happen

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's just the point.

It did not "take both sides" to pass this bill. Democrats could have done it alone. They didn't, but they could have.

That's what being in the majority means. About 80% of democrats voted to pass the bill. A significantly smaller percentage of republicans did.

Your apology is accepted.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So the Republican's have clean hands because a "smaller percentage" voted for the bill? What about the fact that the Republican president didn't veto the bill and the Republican treasury secretary, who had no gun pointed at his head nor was he forced to give out one cent, passed out the checks?

I see what you're trying to do but it's a no go, it was the Republican president and treasury secretary who went before the house literally on bended knees and begged the Democrats for the money. And you place sole guilt because more Democrats than GOP's voted for the measure. Could that be because there were more in Congress to vote?

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say so.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Oh I said it alright.... </sarcasm>

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't call someone a moron who steps us to save our economy. If the economy totally melts down I doubt that your conservative economic philosophy will see the light of day in this country for the remainder this century.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.