1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Between two Robbers...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another you, you,you post. You are ... something bad. This is all they have folks, disinformation on display. Just another taint so and Van is rotten for saying so post.

And note all the scripture I used to support the fact God credits our faith as righteousness, is claimed to be, wait for it, "invalid." As if a Calvinist denier has been appointed hall monitor. :)

2 Thessalonians 2:13 says God chooses individuals for salvation through faith in the truth. Now this false teacher claims God chooses us by reason of faith He rejects, such as that of the second or third soils of Matthew 13. I kid you not, this is the sort of tommy rot up with I must put.

And finally, we are saved by grace "through" or by reason of faith, thus our faith provided (if credited by God as righteousness) our access to the grace in which we stand. Calvinism denies we are saved through faith, they rewrite the many verses to say saved and given faith. Romans 5:2 Pay no attention to those who nullify the word of God...

#41 Van, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay no attention to those who rewrite Romans 3:25, Romans 3:30, Romans 3:31, Galatians 3:26, Ephesians 2:8 and on and on. To be saved through faith requires that faith (as credited to us by God as righteousness) provided the reason or basis for God's gracious action.

The thieves have been caught, and tried, and found guilty by reason of scripture, Easy believism is unbiblical false doctrine, and Impossible Believism is unbiblical false doctrine.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As much as I like @Van. On this matter I am persuaded that @Van does not understand what he is claiming. But he, I am sure he honestly thinks he does.

His rant, "Easy Believism is a false doctrine" is no better than saying any other named teaching that one dos not agree with is a false teaching.

Easy, Matthew 11:30.
    Believism(s), John 3:16, Romans 4:5, etc.

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always nice to see a tactic evolve. Now I am likeable, but sincerely wrong. :)

Folks, ask yourselves why only "few" find the narrow gate that leads to life, if it was easy?
    And ask yourselves why those few do find the narrow gate if entry was impossible. Matthew 7:13-14, Luke 13:23-24

And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” And He said to them,
    “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

The thieves have been caught, and tried, and found guilty by reason of scripture, Easy believism is unbiblical false doctrine, and Impossible Believism is unbiblical false doctrine.

#44 Van, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key is "few" "find" the way. The fact is most world religions in the name of even Christianity teach some kind of faith plus works, . Jesus said of the scribes and the Pharisees, "shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for neither suffer them that are entering to go in." That salvaiton is not easy and never sure.

6. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture is never invalid, but someone's interpretation and application of it certainly can be. No defense of the erroneous confusion of Abraham's faith in God's promise (and the associated crediting of righteousness to Abraham by God) with initial salvation has been offered here. That, of course, is because no scriptural defense can be offered; instead we get a lot of name-calling and deflection.

7. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already asked and answered. Jesus is not talking about salvation.

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On and on folks, one bogus argument after another, denying biblical truths.

1) Pay no attention to those who claim God does not choose those whose faith He credits as righteousness, teaching the bogus view God chooses those whose faith He did not credit as righteousness. Hogwash

2) Scripture says Abraham gained approval by faith, so pay no attention to those who claim Abraham gained approval by uncredited faith.

3) Pay no attention to those who reverse the charges.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Straight-up denial of biblical truth from our contextual expert.

10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Easy Believism has not been shown to be unBiblical. The claim has been made that it is. The claims has not refuted the Biblical bases, Matthew 11:30, John 3:16.

11. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally agree with you there, although I haven't seen anyone present such a view here.

Again, happy to agree, but no such claim has been made. Instead of attacking straw men, why not answer the challenges to your view that were actually presented?

I'd rather hear you explain how Abraham's faith in God's promise of innumerable descendants in Genesis 15:6 has anything at all to do with faith at the point of salvation, which is the point where you think credit is assigned by God. You use what the Bible says about Abraham's example to make a "credit" claim about salvation faith, yet the Scriptures clearly show that Abraham was already saved, and had been a believer for many years before his faith in God's promise about descendants was accounted to him for righteousness. You don't offer any biblical support for faith being credited for righteousness at salvation.

#51 Tsalagi, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  12. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Accusation without explanation. Not hard to see why, no valid arguments being available.

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, pay no attention to naysayers, who deny their own views, such God chooses those whose faith He rejects.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 says God chooses individuals for salvation through faith in the truth. Now this false teacher claims God chooses us by reason of faith He rejects, such as that of the second or third soils of Matthew 13. I kid you not, this is the sort of tommy rot up with I must put.

And finally, we are saved by grace "through" or by reason of faith, thus our faith provided (if credited by God as righteousness) our access to the grace in which we stand. Calvinism denies we are saved through faith, they rewrite the many verses to say saved and given faith. Romans 5:2 Pay no attention to those who nullify the word of God...
    Pay no attention to those who rewrite Romans 3:25, Romans 3:30, Romans 3:31, Galatians 3:26, Ephesians 2:8 and on and on. To be saved through faith requires that faith (as credited to us by God as righteousness) provided the reason or basis for God's gracious action.

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now not for his sake only was it written that it was credited to him, but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification.

Did anyone say Abraham's faith in innumerable descendants was saving faith? Abraham's worthless filthy rag faith in God is how Abraham gained approval (Hebrews 112) but had he received God's promises when He died, did he

15. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never claimed God "chooses us by reason of our faith." God predicates salvation on whether or not we choose to receive His grace through belief in His Son. I specifically stated this to AustinC in the Balaam thread last month. Do you disagree?

Falsely attributing words and ideas to someone and then branding them a false teacher is shameful.

#55 Tsalagi, Jan 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  16. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to be trying to say something here but I can't figure out what it is.

If you agree that the faith of Abraham credited by God as righteousness was not his saving faith
    , then your oft-repeated claim that saving faith gets credit for righteousness needs other Scriptures than those talking about Abraham for support. Not holding my breath waiting for you to quote them, since there aren't any. Your claims on this score are clearly unbiblical and therefore wrong.

17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask yourselves why no quote provided mentioned "saving faith" and why our worthless filthy rag faith was not addressed as my actual position? Obfuscation on display

Also was Romans 4:23-25 addressed, where our faith, as credited by God as righteousness is taught. Was some other benefit provided, other than our election to salvation? Nope.

On and on, folks, on and on this poster simply denies one scripture after another without providing an alternate view of the text.

It is like the guy who knows what did not happen, but does not know what happened. :)

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On and on, folks, one absurd claim after another.
    Did I say Tsalage said God chooses us by reason of our faith? No quote will be forthcoming. This false teacher is shameful and unrepentant.

19. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I am asking myself is why every claim of yours that I quotedc makes direct reference to faith at the point of salvation, but you refuse to take responsibility for your words and are desperate to avoid addressing their substance. You describe saving faith in every one of those posts and link it to credit for righteousness. The Bible never says saving faith (faith at the point of salvation, or however else you choose to describe it) is credited. Feel free to point to any verse of Scripture that says otherwise. No verse alluding to Abraham's faith in Genesis 15:6 qualifies, sorry.

Perhaps you are not reading my posts before you reply to them. I have repeatedly addressed the faith of Abraham which is referenced in Romans 4:23-25 and challenged you to show how it relates to the point of salvation, which is what all your quoted posts talk about. You keep tap dancing away from that challenge, "folks."

#59 Tsalagi, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  20. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't appreciate being called a false teacher, or the other unkind adjectives you are so quick to apply to those who differ with you. You might review Matthew 7:1-3 for your next devotional time, my friend.

Replying to my post you said, "Pay no attention to naysayers, who deny their own views, such God chooses those whose faith He rejects. Now this false teacher claims God chooses us by reason of faith He rejects." You attribute "rejects" to me twice although I never used the word or the concept. You want to quibble about exact quotes like "saving faith," but only in one direction. There's a name for that practice, it starts with "h" and can be found in the context of the passage above.

#60 Tsalagi, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021