Bible study last night was too difficult for me stay.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by peterotto, Jul 20, 2007.

1. peterotto New Member

The leader of the bi-monthly Bible study was out on leave, so instead of reading scriptures and studying,
    we watched a video. Epicenter: Why Current Rumblings in the Middle East Will Change Your Future

The movie had "prophecy" experts like Tim LaHay, Calvary Chapel's dominion, and others.
    I am sick and tired of listening to dispensational barf. I thank God for people like Gary Demar who exposes these false prophets and their end-time game. Instead of listening through the whole propaganda film, I just stepped out and went home. The last thing I want to do is get into an argument that will bring division to the group. Next time we meet, I will slowly correct these people on their erroneous way.

Anyone see the movie? What do you think?

2. J. Jump New Member

That was a funny post I got a chuckle out of it, especially the last line. :laugh: Thanks!

And to answer your question no I have never seen that production before, so I really can't speak to its correctness or error.

3. peterotto New Member

J Jump, could you show me in the Bible how/where the fig tree represents the nation of Israel?

Thanks

4. DQuixote New Member

Are you a preterist, peterotto?

5. J. Jump New Member

Which one of the clues gave it away? :laugh:

6. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you please supply me with a prophecy (not prediction) Tim Lahay has given?

7. hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, end of discussion.

8. peterotto New Member

Yes, I am a partial preterist, post-mill. Why? After studying them all, it is the only one that makes the most sense. Dispensationalism was the worst of the major 4. (Post, Pre, Amil, Disp).

I didn't see the whole movie, nor did I write down what Tim said exactly. What he did say was there were prophecies being fulfilled today.
    Usually that means, in the book of Ezekiel, Israel becoming a nation was fulfilled in 1948.

Here is a good link to learn about Tim LaHaye.

9. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    post-trib pre-mill but I don't agree with the dispensational view and Hal Lindsey already took a turn spinning the wheel and failed.