1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biden admin set to finalize major gas car crackdown....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by kyredneck, Mar 18, 2024.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biden admin set to finalize major gas car crackdown over warnings from automakers, energy industry (msn.com)

"The Biden administration is expected this week to finalize highly anticipated regulations targeting gas-powered vehicle tailpipe emissions, considered the tip of the spear in its efforts to electrify the transportation sector.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is slated to issue the final rulemaking — which officials have boasted will incentivize greater adoption of electric vehicles (EV), but which opponents have criticized as a de facto mandate — as soon as Wednesday, industry sources told Fox News Digital. The regulations, a key part of President Biden's climate agenda, would ultimately force automakers to more rapidly expand electric options in their fleets beginning in a matter of years.

"It certainly won't do anything to improve human health. It won't do anything to reduce pollution," American Energy Institute president and CEO Jason Isaac, who has researched the EV market, told Fox News Digital in an interview. "We've proven in this country that we're already a world leader in clean air. All it's going to continue to do is push the costs of electric vehicles on to purchasers of internal combustion engine vehicles."

"This is purely being done for campaign reasons — to really appease the leftist large donor base that are the climate alarmists that are driving this movement towards really what is a forced energy transition, which is just increasing the cost of everything," Isaac added....."

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who specifically are these climate alarmists? anybody know?Besides Al Gore

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For instance, check out the comments section on climate news stories in the Washington Post.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do we have their names and where they live?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me put it this way - pretty much any random person you come across in life nowadays, if you tell them you don't think that anthropocentric climate change is very significant, will probably think that you have lost your ever loving mind.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s your opinion, and we know what opinions are like now don’t we. Now most people think that Al Gore is either a nut job or his agenda is way out of alignment with the real world.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Climate change and a human affect on the environment, yes. But anthropocentric? No. The reason is that anthropocentric climate change, while "proven" politically, has not been proven scientifically. We know that climates change, and we know that human actions affect the environment. But the extent to which human actions contribute to actual climate change (particularly on relation to natural events unrelated to man) remains unknown.

So it depends very much on the politics of the individual approached - to their level of indictrination to political manuplation, and the nature (alarmist or denier) of that influence, as to how they would react to that statement.

More importantly, electric cars are only as "clean" as the power production used to provide electricity to the vehicles.

The comparison to EV's and gasoline vehicals is dishonest. EV's utilize batteries (they store energy, they do not produce energy). The power production method to produce the energy stored must be considered in the overall "cleanness" of the vehicle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, my opinion, based on reading, listening, and my interactions with other people.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should broaden your interactions to people who are in touch with reality.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read and listen and interact with a wide variety of people. I am not in an information silo like so many are nowadays.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well then that is the mark of a sensible man… you then can separate the people who deal with reality from those idealist fools who believe everything they are told by manipulating governments as well as others who seek to use them for their own ends. Such men are fools always swept away by errand thinking & idealism. And the madness is spreading. And I’m sure you have noticed that America is being ruled—— and ultimately being destroyed by these fools

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Throughout history all empires have come to an end. The United States is no exception to the rule.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the underlying cause has always been ignorant and stupid people. I however have no allegiance to any political party therefore I’m immune to the BS and I can choose my way calmly without fanatical emotions clouding my judgement. Let me ask you, do you think the Jesus operated as an Idealist?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus operated as the God-Man.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are God- Man idealist’s? Think about it.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is my God, my Surety, my Redeemer, my Savior. That's what I prefer to think about on the subject of Jesus.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just say you aren’t going to answer the question… no need to pivot :rolleyes:

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist