1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biden DOJ Attempts To Stop Arizona Election Audit

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Socially-Distanced" too, mind you.:Whistling:Whistling:Whistling:oops::oops::Frown:Frown:Sleep:Sleep:Sleep:Sleep

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always hold the phone 3 feet away. :Laugh

• Like Like x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    4B1A31A8-06E6-4BE2-855E-2F617FB2C75B.jpeg

And the there is these knuckleheads

• Like Like x 2
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians who favor the Dems seem to see government as responsible for carrying out some biblical mandates assigned Christians, or perhaps as the vehicle through which Christians are to force everyone to carry out those mandates. The Gospel of salvation does not figure prominently, or at all.

A contrast might be those Christians who see government as mainly responsible for righteously bearing the sword of law and order, which happens to have positive side effects for ministry, sort of paving the way for and getting out of the way of The Way, message and all.

I’ve no doubt there are Christians who think too highly of the GOP, and of America.

However, a political party needn’t have an explicit plank of Christianity, but should allow any member full freedom to express his faith in Christ as well as the word of God on a matter. And Christians should be there to do exactly that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bet that fence-riding does wonders for your rear-end cleavage.

Regardless of whether or not the outcome can be changed--a huge assumption, btw, and likely erroneous--fraud needs to be investigated, and the frauds need to go to jail. Actually, in this case, they need to be shot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not the theocracy you seem to make it out to be. Didn't say it was - re-read my post!
    Accepting the GOP in place of the gospel is not an acceptable solution. Agreed, but AFAIC, you are the only one making this claim! I certainly made no such claim!

Still did not answer my original question about your accusation/implication that voting Trump equals "trade the gospel of Christ for a GOP social- political platform"! How do you reconcile such a broad statement with facts??:Thumbsdown

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I look at it this way - the Church of Satan (no longer in existence) was comprised of atheists who believed people were free except they should do no harm to one another. Christians afford this type of freedom (we do not force folk to be Christians) and we believe people should treat others right. But should Christians have united with the Church of Satan because of a common value?

My issue with many Republicans is they look for the government to mandate what you rightly identify as an effect of the Christian ministry.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a stupid thing to say.

I have never ridden a fence in my life.

You seem content to engage in ad hominem when you find yourself unable to cope with those who disagree with your sin. That, brother, is a character flaw.

And here I have even said it needs to be investigated (not that it is possible to change the outcome).

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do I reconcile that people trade the gospel for a GOP social political platform?? Are you serious?????

Take the time to read through the political section of this board. Look at @Aaron 's posts (he equates abstaining from supporting the Republican Party while opposing the DNC platform as "fence riding".

Open your eyes, brother. Fools abound who have traded the gospel for Christ (which transforms people) for the GOP platform. Look at posts around the Trump vs Hillary election (the claims that if you don't vote for Trump you are voting for Hillary and supporting abortion!).

Otherwise Christian men have been blinded by the world.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well you have never actually established that people really trade the gospel for the gop platform. It’s just another stupid thing said around here.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You established this several years ago (not that you hold the belief but that it exists).

No, a Vote for a Third Party (or Abstaining from Voting) Is not the Same as a Vote for Hillary

Apparently you decided you were presenting a strawman, but I agreed with you then even if you changed your position now.

TCassidy disagreed, BlessedWife said she had at one time.

What @Aaron posted that was stupid was that I was riding a fence. You should know better than to think that of me (we disagree, but I am not on the fence about much.....I am about eschatology....but that is one of the few things).

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not much of a question. ;)

Why do you support the GOP?

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well until guys like trump, geatz, Jordan, stefanic came along i was about to leave them. Trump preached Christ from the whitehouse many times, called out the press and the radicals on the left, finally stood up and fought back.

the gop in general are for the rule of law, the constitution and the godly founding of this country, the safety of Americans and our borders. They want to protect Americans and the unborn

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok....now we are getting somewhere...getting to the heart of things.

Please outline exactly how President Trump "preached Christ from the Whitehouse".

About (an estimate) how many times is this "many" that he preached Christ?

Do you also give Paula White credit for mentoring Trump in the Faith and proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ?

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sigh why an outline? Are you wanting to pick it a part do as to make an attempt to deny he ever did?

I don’t care about white. She is irrelevant to this discussion not sure why you brought her up. Further every time Trump talked about Christ I posted it. Where were you? This can’t be a surprise.

17. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have probably done so already, but this mandating you refer to is unclear. Some major mandating needed involves progressively reducing government overreach so that it is constrained to its own mandate, and Christians should be directly politically involved in that effort. (Having well placed ears would also help keep abreast of plots. :Wink)

Government doesn't want to partner with the church, it wants to dominate the church, either turn her to its will or eradicate her. Christians should be actively involved in thwarting those efforts both within the government and without. For now we have a constitution that theoretically allows both, but for how much longer?

It's not that I agree with some of those earliest Christians who initially opposed the Holy Spirit placing someone like Paul in chains and witnessing all the way to Rome. Rather right now we have the opportunity to shine God's light on every aspect of government from within and should not hesitate to do so.

I do not suggest that every Christian is called to this, but I do suggest that those who are need not form a separate party for the purpose hoping to one day amass enough political power to gain office. We don’t need that, and I suspect it would prove counterproductive in the end, perhaps even disastrous.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More accurately, I call your lazy and mendacious assertions that Republicans and Democrats are just alike "fence riding."

But I'm just being kind. It's really capitulation under the banner of supposed superior virtue.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am wanting to know what, in your mind, constitutes "preaching Chrust" when it comes to a President.

This goes to my point. Is it just mentioning Christ (as like Pelosi often did)? If so, then your post is a good example of what I am talking about (Peloci and Biden mentioned God, Christ, and faith quite often, but they were not "preaching Christ").

But what ever Trump said those many times you took as "preaching Christ from the Whitehouse".

I just want to know the content of Trump's message that you accept as "preaching Christ". Just like a few (you don't need to pick it apart).

I want to compare it to other examples of preaching Christ do I know if you are downgrading the proclamation of our Lord when it comes to the GOP.

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. Your post was out of ignorance. You simply do not know what "fence riding" means.

Hopefully this will help you grasp the terms you use.

"Riding the fence" is a person who won't take sides or who equivocates on an issue or issues so as not to offend those on either side. I do take a side, a very hard and pointed side. Just not between your narrow and worldly choices. I do not care if my position offends, that is where I stand.

I never said the DNC and GOP are just alike overall. I said they are opposite platforms but equally powers of this world working in opposition to God. I said two sides (opposites) of the sane coin (same thing).

You would do better to actually read what people post rather than just spouting off what pops into your head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.