1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biden DOJ Attempts To Stop Arizona Election Audit

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No accusations at all.

I am saying that your post takes on the same error. The church was not involved in government transformation until the RCC. Jesus was not involved in government transformation.

We have one ministry - the ministry of reconciliation- pleading that men - not governments- be reconciled to God. Governments can only be changed by transforming people.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you post those from Biden and Pelosi?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gotcha! I just see a lot posts about Trump. Absolutely not a perfect man, but neither is Biden. Our command as believers is to pray for our leaders, I wonder if those that only have negative things to write about Trump also prayed sincerely for him or not at all. If only a ‘sinless’ person ran for president then our duty as citizens would be much easier. :)

Thanks for the welcome! Peace to you also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I repeat that the Church should NOT be involved in government per se. That would be a grave mistake, an error not found in my posts.

However, individual Christians should be found throughout society spreading the Gospel and both speaking and acting out God's truth. And that includes holding government positions and holding government accountable. Governments can be and are changed by transformed people, aka Christians, both from without and from within.

Again, individual Christians may be called to all manner of useful vocations, political positions should not be excluded from the list.

Also, government should not be enlisted to do the work of the Church. That is a grave error as well. The government is not called to preach or spread the Gospel, but just as certainly it is not to interfere with these either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I missed the link.

peace to you

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the total of the word of God is the contrast of government.

The government of God vs the government of men initiated through the deception brought forth by that old serpent call Satan and the devil. Adam choose for man to govern spiritually influenced and deceived by the deceiver. IMHO it will be that way until;

Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Dan 2:34

BTW that did not happen in 70 AD IMHO.

For the earnest expectation of the creation <Gen 2:1-3) eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation <Gen 2:1-3) was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation <Gen 2:1-3) itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Those sons of God will be ruling with that stone cut out without hands.

Consider that above and see how it sheds light upon all the word of God. It was foreordained before the foundation of the world.

What has taken place, was before time began, going to take place.

7. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like and agree with this post. I do not believe it is the job of the church to change the world of this country at this time. I do think we should pray for our leaders to seek wisdom from the Lord from local to worldwide even though I do not think they will at this time. I also believe the church should consider the answer to:

Lord teach us to pray.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pelosi on Christ - " ‘The Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us.’ And that’s the great mystery of our faith. He will come again. He will come again. So, we have to make sure we’re prepared to answer in this life, or otherwise, as to how we have measured up.”

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I can only aspire to your level of maturity and virtue. :Rolleyes

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree the Church should not be involved in government.

Perhaps we define the church differently?

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can. Stay in the Word, study, pray AND live out the gospel of Jesus Christ. Don't be down on yourself. Maturity takes time, brother. Virtue is a concious effort to be obedient to Christ.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh man. You were so close!

Virtue is a quality, not a behavior.

In practically everything, you are almost there. You're all around the mark, but you seldom if ever seem to hit it. Like your wrathless cross insistence. And I observe it mostly with your statements about the Gospel, and it spills over into your civics. I never understood what it meant to be ever learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth, but I think I'm seeing that play out.

I have a new nickname for you: Almost There.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was going to let this go, but I need to clarify something for the lurkers. The following is not a true statement.

Republican atheist is just as opposed to God as is an atheist Democrat. An anti-gay atheist is just as opposed to God as is a pro-gay atheist.
    This confuses the law and grace. It's a common mistake. People tend to think that because we are under grace, there is no more law in the earth. But that is a deadly mistake to make. There is law in the earth, and the nations of the earth are dealt with according to their adherence thereto. Till heaven and earth pass, not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law. Until the day of judgment, people will be marrying and giving in marriage, as in the days of Noah till the rains came.

Marriage is a matter of law, as it is written, Thou shalt not commit adultery.

So there is law in the earth. Grace, though, is in heaven. And it's according to the Righteousness of God, not the law (righteousness doesn't come by the law), that people will be judged. One will either be clothed in the righteousness of God, or not. Good or evil. Whole or corrupt.

But that doesn't apply on earth. In earth there is a righteousness which is of the law, described by Moses, that the man which doeth those things shall live by them--in the earth, that is. This principle is in the Decalogue itself, in the first commandment with promise, Honour thy father and mother that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. That isn't a promise to believers only.

That is the righteousness that exalts a nation, Proverbs 14:34 , and to the degree that a nation (or individual in the earth) is faithful to that law, he is righteous, regardless of his faith.

To say that there is no difference in righteousness between a party that blesses marriage and the church, and one that curses them, is about as unbiblical an assertion, and thereby as unchristian, as one can get.

"They're all the same!"

It's a common copout, usually uttered to cuck one's critics, if not uttered in ignorance or sloth. It's uttered almost as much to appear to take a middle-of-the-road approach in an attempt to insulate one's self from criticism from either side, or to pacify the defenders of truth so that one's more liberal agendas may advance.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here you go again, false accusations about other people's views.

Now you pretend I hold a "wrathless cross" view (something I have argued against for years with Weaver's theory of the cross) simply because I do not confirm your theory of atonement.

You are a very confused and dishonest woman or man. You have been dishonest so many times about me and other members that it is impossible it be merely ignorance.

You always misrepresent other people's views when they disagree with you. It has become obvious that you do this intentionally. You have consistently done this with politics and with theological views. It is not only dishonest but it is sinful.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [
    You can. Stay in the Word, study, pray AND live out the gospel of Jesus Christ. Don't be down on yourself. Maturity takes time, brother. Virtue is a concious effort to be obedient to Christ.[/QUOTE]You are wrong. There are none righteous, not even your precious GOP. Righteousness is only in Christ. The World is equally the World. Salvation is in Chrust alone (not Christ and Trump).

It goes beyond words and actions. "Morality" without Christ is unrighteousness.

Read your Bible, Aaron.

16. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Catholic church has a dominionist view of this world, as do some protestants. They believe we are living in the millennial reign of Christ right now, and the church must take dominion over and rule this world.

A protestant pastor I know teaches Christ can not return until the church has converted the entire world, as in literally Christianized it, so that there exists no other false religions, they then hand over a perfected Christianized world to Christ who can then return to rule the kingdom. He is on the record about this, and that the church has failed and is lazy and that is why Christ can not return. He was also teaching the youth they will be kings and rulers over this world. That there is no coming antichrist as Nero was the antichrist, revelation is past was for the first century only, this earth and heaven is eternal, no ending in sudden destruction for the world, that we are right now living in the new heavens and new earth Peter teaches about. He confided to me he could not imagine all the great cities and technologies of man being destroyed in a fiery destruction, so preferred to believe something else, so it seem to me he is in love with the earth, technology, etc...He is another flavor of dominionist. Nothing I said made him change his mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...said the blind man. :Cool

Anyway, here's a thought: if you don't like interacting with me, refrain from tagging me in your posts.;)

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not mind interacting with you. I think you could offer legitimate arguments if you were not content to play the fool.

You provide entertainment on one hand and a moral lesson to others about acknowledging Christ with your lips while denying Him with your dishonesty on the other..

Think about how many times you have been dishonest with my posts (with GOP vs DNC, about Trump, about Biden, about the Atonement). Now consider I am just one of many with whom you have responded dishonestly.

Other than posting an OP, I do not know of a legitimate argument you have made the entire time you have been here. You just post something and then misrepresent opposing responses.

Dishonesty is to you a character trait, and it is sad because you are a professing Christian who seems to take pleasure in "sinning with a high hand".

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You doth protest too much, methinks.

But, if you wish, pick a theological point--just one--that I've been dishonest or erroneous about, and we'll hash it out. Interminable posts about generalities are a tedium in which I don't wish to engage for long.

#119 Aaron, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
  20. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe. Or perhaps we have a different understanding of her being involved in something. Or both.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.