Biden DOJ Attempts To Stop Arizona Election Audit

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 8, 2021.

1. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems (IMHO) that equating the reduction of government overreach to a Christian principle is assuming a first century Jewish misunderstanding of God's kingdom.

Rome certainly had more overreach into religious life than does the US government. But Jesus (along with the Desciples the Early Church) insisted this was not the role of God's people. When challenged Jesus explained that His kingdom was not of this world. Christ came to establish His kingdom, and against Jewish expectation did not address the government overreach of His day except to say His kingdom was not of this world.

What passage(s) leads you to believe Christians are called to confront overreach in the secular government?

2. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Revmitchell ,

To clarify,

I am just asking for a link to these many times President Trump "preached Christ from the Whitehouse".

3. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Revmitchell ,
    Perhaps you have not realized Pelosi has done the same thing (so has Biden).

Do you have an example of Trump preaching Christ (not relating the Christmas or Easter narrative, not using Jesus' name but actually preaching Christ).

If this is your example of preaching Christ then why the hypocrisy when dealing with others like Joel Osteen and Pelosi when they do the same.

9. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well first of all I knew you were going to try to down play it. Second what I posted is not exhaustive.

10. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    blah, blah, blah.

One rebels against nature, one doesn't, but they're equally opposed to God.
    One would oppress the church, the other doesn't, but they're equally opposed to God.

It doesn't matter how you slice it, I'm right about you.

11. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have a link to the video of Pelos: or Bid:n saying the name “Jesus” or “Christ”, I would certainly watch it.

Thank you in advance

peace to you

12. Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You sound like a person of principle. Good for you. You didn't vote for Biden either then.

13. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    biden just had a national day of prayer declaration where he left God out of it altogether

14. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    SBG is a brethren from England. He can’t vote in US elections, he can only throw stones across the pond at us who do.

Welcome to BB

peace to you

15. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first-century Jews wanted to overthrow the Roman government in order to re-establish "their own theocracy." I hope you are not accusing me of intending such a notion, because I expressly state otherwise. As I said, I don't even think a Christian party is the way to go.

FTR, I do not believe the Church should be political per se. However, she cannot help but be political when she speaks the truth of God's word, as God's word inevitably conflicts with some manmade laws, or rather some manmade laws conflict with God's word.

One would have to show me that God does not operate within earthly governments for me to think Christians should not be involved. I will say that, if we did not have the US Constitution, I might not advocate Christian involvement in government in quite the same way.

Bottom line, the Church has no place forbidding or even criticizing a Christian holding political office or being involved in politics, unless that Christian is doing something contrary to the Gospel. There is nothing in the Gospel forbidding it. The only exception would be those called to fulltime ministry. The rest of us are necessarily "involved in civilian affairs."

16. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not down playing anything.

YOU said that Trump "preached Christ from the Whitehouse" many times. But you offer Trump saying what others have said many times .

IF Trumo was "preaching Christ" with his statements then you would be hypocritical to say others who said the same thing were not preaching Christ OR you have exchanged the gospel for the GOP (it is "preaching Christ" when Trump does it but not when Pelosi, Biden, Joel Osteen, Kenneth Copeland, etc. does it).

Your post is an example of what I am talking about.

17. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they are both equally opposed to God. A Reoublucan atheist is just as opposed to God as is an atheist Democrat. An anti-gay atheist is just as opposed to God as is a pro-gay atheist.

The World is opposed to God (despite your objection).

18. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever gives you weasel room. :Thumbsup

19. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pelosi on Christ - " ‘The Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us.’ And that’s the great mystery of our faith. He will come again. He will come again. So, we have to make sure we’re prepared to answer in this life, or otherwise, as to how we have measured up.”

20. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You posted a very foolish thing. Now you are trying (as usual) to hide in the smoke you create.

We all know you, Aaron. You act like a child but you are not new to this forum.