1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Clinton goes on tirade against pro-life students

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

A pro-life group says former President Bill Clinton's angry tirade against some pro-life students during a speech in Stuebenville, Ohio, proves once again that he wants to frame the debate and will not acknowledge that abortion takes the life of an unborn child.

A video of an angry Bill Clinton (see video here) has surfaced on YouTube. When challenged on the issue of abortion, Clinton launched into an angry tirade in which he accused pro-lifers of trying to "criminalize women and their doctors."

"If you were really pro-life, you would want to put every doctor and every mother as an accessory to murder in prison," the former president said, addressing pro-lifers in the crowd. "And you won't say you want to do that because you know you wouldn't have a lick of political support," he added.

THE REST OF THE STORY

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A few pro-life conservatives showing up to a liberal event is not helpful.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It baffles me to see how someone could rage so passionately in favor of such a barbaric practice.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

What baffles me is why there are christians who support Democrats as if they were God when this is how they feel. Or why there are christians who think we need to unite with people like this.

5. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a very difficult issue. Someone like me, who favors the economic policies of the Democratic party but who favors the social policies of the Republican party is in quite a bind. I find both sides to be morally objectionable in their own ways.

I may not vote, or I may vote for a random third party.

6. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As an aside, this is why I wish America had a parliamentary system of government. Our current system undoubtedly only allows for two major parties. The only way for a third party to emerge is for one or both of the other parties to collapse.

In a parliamentary system, more parties could represent different ideologies.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It has nothing to do with party labels. Why would you classify all pro choice people as Democrats? Just a few weeks ago, two of the leading Republicans for President were Romney and Giuliani, as much pro abortion as any Democrat.

Have you ever asked yourself how interested are Republicans in pro life? They are at election time, then become strangely silent.

We have to ask yourselves, are we interested in innocent life, or protecting a political party (either) that was born in the pits of hell?

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

In a parliamentary system, you can undermine the will of the people by a realigning of political coalitions. The voting public will be left out and without a voice as a new coalition can form without a general election.
    This is what is happening in Israel as Olmert has formed a new coalition sense the last Prime Minister was hospitalized with a brain hemorrhage. Now he is negotiating with Palestinian leaders to hand over Jerusalem. Which the common Israeli does not want but they have no say in the matter.

9. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A party can pull out of a coalition and cause the collapse of the government, though.

10. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Remember what Bill Clinton said as he ran for his first term?
    "It's the economy stupid."
    Well this time it is all about the appointment of Judges that will interpret and not legislate from the bench, stupid.

As a disclaimer let it be know that the above phrase is in no way reflective of Saturneptune's intelligence. In fact I have profound respect for many of Saturneptune's posts and he does make an excellent point here regarding the Republican party's seemingly use of the Christian vote so that they can secure the White House for themselves.

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

And yet you'd have to reform that govt without an election. Thus alienating the people who should have a voice in the type of govt they want representing them.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Bill Clinton: "And you won't say you want to do that because you know you wouldn't have a lick of political support."

I think that President Clinton is by and large accurate on both ends of this statement.

13. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Being 'pro life' is not necessarily a 'conservative' postition.
    It can be a MORAL position, and there could be 'liberal' which support 'pro life'.

But Bill Clinton is not interested in their voice!

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

He does seem to like to hear his own though.

15. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

So it would be immoral to put murderers in jail then. That's what an abortion is, out right murder of the defenseless. This is what he was arguing. And even if he is right, that we wouldn't have any political support, I would rather be in the minority and on record for the defense of the innocent than on the wrong side of this issue.

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Uh...last time I checked, Bill Clinton is a professing Christian.

17. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You've got to be kidding me. After all the Interns, Baby slaughtering, pot smoking antics of this man and you can make a statement like this?

18. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

He doesn't need your approval. It is between him and God.

19. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And exactly when, where, and how did YOU check?

20. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Amen!

Satan is angry that God made us in His image. He knows our rebellion against the laws of God and the sixth commandment is the same as witchcraft in the eyes of God..... and abortions are a (some times unintended due to the spiritual ignorance) human sacrifice to him.

So people like Bill Clinton want to change their tactic and demonize the pro life movement. If he is a 'Christian' where is his desire to obey God and not man..... or, put another way, where is his fear of the judgement of God upon people and nations whose knowledge of God has left them without excuse. But Bill Clinton is not the model of morality nor Christianity!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.