1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bin Laden Has Been Killed!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 1, 2011.

1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This is one of the most insensitive and horrific things I've ever heard from a professing Christian. It's just sick.

This man was an image-bearer. Christ's blood was shed for him. He did terrible, unspeakable things and perhaps this needed to be done but to celebrate his killing and wish it was more barbaric is completely unconscionable.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So only "perhaps this needed to be done"?

I don't drink but I'd buy a round for the SEAL team who did it.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found it interesting that they gave him a Muslim burial since mainstream Muslims contended that he wasn't really a Muslim, but a perversion of true Islam and true Muslims.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because that is the difference between a civilized society and an uncivilized one.

So true

This makes me think of an episode of Combat I saw years ago. Click here to watch it. (the 30 minute show is in 5 segments )

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That was an astute move.
    I'm probably a bad Christian for saying this, but I'll be celebrating his demise with a curry tonight. Above all, though, this is America's day.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, he's in heaven ?
    Tell me, without the shadow of a doubt, that he is in heaven, and is a brother in Christ, and that it can be known right now by God's people, here on earth, in this time world, and I will publicly repent of what I said.

Christ's blood was shed for HIS people.
    Do you know who they are ?
    Do you have a list of their names ?
    Were you there when God wrote their names in the Lamb's Book of Life ?

You're a fake.
    Your piety is flimsy.

7. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Personally, as someone who admires much about Reformed theology, but who is not TR, I don't believe in the Calvinist doctrine of limited atonement. This discussion has absolutely nothing to do with Reformed doctrine, though.

Wherever he is, I cannot believe a Christian would say those kinds of things. Christian or unregenerate, he was made in the image of God, which was intact until he was slaughtered like a pig yesterday.

Fake? Really? You think I'm faking this indignation? It makes me completely sick and angry that there are Christians throwing a party today, making the rest of us seem like blood-thirsty vigilantes who only value American lives.

I'm not trying to be pious. I'm saying the crap you were saying is completely and absolutely inappropriate. As wrong as bin Laden was, we were (are) as much in need of God's grace.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You honestly believe that is what Jai was trying to say. I also believe that Christ died for everyone including Bin laden. I would say with a bit assurance, that Osama did not accept the Wonderful Grace of Jesus. Again I ask, will you start praying for our enemies.
    I remember when I was at Fort Lee, VA (after getting orders for Vietnam) one of my buddies prayed that he would have the opportunity to witness to a North Vietnamese :praying:

I think an apology is due

9. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Curry is an American dish? :tongue3:

10. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Christ died for Osama? Really? Did He die for Hitler too? Look, I'm not going to set myself up as judge - that's God's job and He's the only fit one for it. But the death of Christ means a whole lot more than that. He died not only to save us from the wrath to come, but also to save us from living a life of this type. The bible says that Christ died to redeem to Himself a peculiar people zealous of good works. That the blood of Christ purges our consciouses from dead works to serve the living God. Paul was a persecutor of the church and a murderer - but the death of Christ saved him from that. He said, "by the grace of God I am what I am." Amen. The same could be said for us all. Please do not state that the blood fo Christ means so little that He could shed it for someone who lived their entire life in completely ungodliness and unrightousness. I refuse to believe it because the bible is totally against it.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do You Know What Is Sad?

YOU are! You are so far left, there's nothing left within you.

Sure it is sad that this man chose the wrong road in life. But, that was his choice. Sure it is sad another soul is eternally lost. However, that choice was his too.

There will be a tremendous number of people who will end up in hell, CB, and it comes down to their choice in this life.

This man was nothing more than an evil persona, and he got what he deserved in this life. What happens now that he is gone is clearly up to the true God, Jehovah, not Albar, and as the Word says, Bin Laden will bow before God, like all others that rejected the God of this Universe.

It is sad when anyone goes to hell, but, there is only so much that can be done to win their hearts.

Wake up and see the world for what it is: A mission field; a battle field; and a place to grow in the knowledge and trust (faith) in our love for God.

You truly need to move to the center in your views of what is going on in the world. It is not a Deus ex machina universe, where everyone wins and goes to heaven.

Sure he could have been a force for good. As well as Hitler, Saddam Hussien, and Satan himself. However, the reality is, they were evil personified.

Let the people rejoice. They did it in the OT. One comes to mind in Jericho. The people rejoiced as the walls fell and the enemy died!

There is such a thing as being tooooooo far to the left, and you seem to be an example of being on the fringe!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know about the rest of you but I'm going to celebrate Bin Laden's fake death in the fake war on terror with a fake beer while gazing at Bin Laden's fake death photo the MSM tried (and failed) to pass off on us tonight.

Seems like the only appropriate way to celebrate. :laugh:

#32 poncho, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
  13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I guess you will not be seeing the Apostle Paul in Heaven.....

14. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Now I lay me down to sleep...one less terrorist this world does keep.
    With all my heart I give my thanks to those in uniform regardless of ranks...You serve our country and serve it well....With humble hearts your stories tell....So as I rest my weary eyes...while freedom rings and our flag still flies....You give your all, do what you must....With GOD we live and in GOD we trust........Amen.

15. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This country is not on God's side. Neither is God on ours.

16. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did say "entire life." Paul clearly repented.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and had Bin Laden repented he too would be in Heaven.

The point is that Paul was just as bad as Obama before his conversion. All sins can be forgiven by the Lord, even the sins of Paul and Obama

#37 Salty, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
  18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama? Typo?

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typo - yes Opps :eek::BangHead:

and there was still time to fix it -

20. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point, rather, is that Osama bin Laden did not repent. Would I rather see terrorists turn from their murderous ways and seek the Lord? Absolutely! That being said, I'm not going to be sad when unrepentant murderers meet justice.