1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Birthers Shot Down - Yet Again

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's not true. My coworker, whose mother was from Sierra Leone, and father from the Phillipines, can attest to the fact that her birth certificate lists her mother's race as "African" on her 1964 New Mexico birth certificate. And she's no Obama supporter either.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

We're talking about Hawaii, though...and there are BC's from the '60's from that state showing the term used was Negro.
    I also question the use of African as a race, as it is not. Not questioning you, but questioning your co-worker stating such. There was no political correctness in the '60's.

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We can all be quiet little Christians and don't make a sound. Hey....there is a TIME for EVERYTHING!:thumbs:

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen any presidential birth certificate other than President Obama's?

The whole world has seen his. Just curious about the other presidents.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==No, they have not. The reason for this whole mess is President Obama's name, "Barack Hussein Obama". If his name was Fred, George, or Tom, nobody would think anything about it. However his name, mainly his middle name, allows some of those who live in the world of conspiracies to create these fake, never ending controversies. The evidence that I, and others, have presented on these boards is enough to quite any serious skeptic. The man was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. Those who don't find the presented evidence convincing are either political minded folks who are angry a Democrat was elected or conspiracy theory folks who always enjoy a good controversy. For them, nothing President Obama does or releases will be enough. There will always be questions in their minds. Either way, for most of us the debate is over.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Simply not true. You left off the other options like why is Obama fighting it so much? Why is "African" listed as his father's race when other BC's list Negro for those of color? I am not a democrat, and can care less about "conspiracy theories". I would like to see the hard evidence that is being hidden for whatever reason, nothing more, nothing less...and as much as you claim it has been presented, in reality it has not.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

There never was any debate in my mind. This all started with one whacko Ohio democrat lawyer who was enamoured with Hillary Clinton nad was grasping at straws to get he nominated.

Mighty slim straw to be grasping. I am not convinced that 'African' was never used as a 'race' in 1960.

Again I ask the birthers - is President Obama's birth certificate the only presidential birth certificate you have ever seen?

#27 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
  8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why would it have been? Black people were referred to as Negro's during that decade.
    I don't think anyone has seen it, so it's a non sequitur

Again, it's not about conspiracy theories, but the fact innocent people do not fight this hard to conceal facts that exonerate them. Look at OJ and how hard he fought in giving the DA hair samples, tissue samples, etc. I understand that one person is willing to pay Obama 25 million to produce the long form. If it's legit, he is a fool not to.

#28 webdog, Oct 31, 2009
  9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Can you reference the offer?

Maybe he is just too much of a man to be dragged into the ludicrous campaign.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no ideal of the validity of this webpage, but ...

BTW, C4K, are you curious at all what might be hiding on the long form?

As far as other birth certificates, it has never been a point of contention.
    Some were question if McCain was a "Natural born cizitzen" but that was a totally differen ball game.

I am also a strong supporter of States or Commonwwealth rights. But wanting to see his BC is not a matter of States Rights at this point.

One last thing, since I am not necessarily doubting the cizitizenship of BO, but only would like to see the long form, does that make me a "birther" or what?

#30 Salty, Oct 31, 2009
  11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

BTW - IF 'African' was unacceptable as a 'race' in 1960 and this conspiracy is as finely tuned as some claim, do you really think anyone in on the conspiracy would be that stupid?

Exactly what information on this supposed 'long form' is so important? If there is a long form surely someone can tell us what blanks need to be filled in.

I have allowed myself to jump back into this discussion. I should really spend my time doing what I can do to see that this is a one term president by legitimate means.

#31 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 31, 2009
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That my Friend, I fully agree with ! :thumbs:

13. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Why is his father's race the issue? Why is race even an issue? This is about President Obama's place of birth. Not his fathers. Why is he fighting? I don't know. Many time politicians fight the wrong battles.

==Nothing is being hidden. The State of Hawaii released a copy of President Obama's birth certificate and it states that he was born in Honolulu Hawaii. There is also the newspaper announcement of his birth. As for the "hard" evidence, many "birthers" would not be satisfied with anything at this point. If I were him, I would not release it now just out of pure spite. He has nothing to lose either way now.

The evidence that I have seen is clear, President Obama was born in Hawaii. IMO, the debate is over.

#33 Martin, Oct 31, 2009
  14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Race is not the issue...it is the wording of his father's race on the form that is. Negro was the term used, not "African".

The alleged Obama BC looks different and is worded different than other BC's issued by Hawaii during that same time period. Why, and how is this "clear evidence"? You don't think Hawaii officials have the capability of issuing a fraudulent certificate?

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have got to be kidding...the same party that supported Al Gore's claim of inventing the internet?

16. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If BHO has a "long form" BC, he would produce it to silence the critics.. He obviously does not have one or there is more information he can't or won't divulge.. I can't get past his grandmother stating several times, that along with other relatives, she was present at his birth..

And why would he spend a million dollars fighting this? If the long form does not exist, he would say so.. If it does exist, and Hawaii is bound by confidentiality laws, he must say nothing, lest he perjure himself..

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

18. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

For those that accuse birthers of being conspirators, or worse, so be it.. This is an issue that could be cleaned up in one hour, if Obama desired.

It is of utmost importance that the POTUS, be a legal one, constitutionally.. Common sense requires that some outsider, terrorist even, not be allowed a fake BC in gaining the office of President. The constitution requiring birth conditions, necessarily eliminates 8-9 tenths of all people in the world..

19. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are accusing the State of Hawaii of issuing a fake birth certificate to allow a person who is not a natural born American citizen to become President of the United States?

That is a very, very serious charge. Certainly you have some proof other than the birth certificate "looks" different. That is very weak evidence. I use to work for a bank and we handled death certificates all the time. And I can tell you that they don't always look alike.

It seems to me that you are making some very serious charges without any real evidence to back you up. You say you are not a conspiracy theorist, but your claims tell a different story.

I'm not saying that what you are saying is impossible. I'm only saying that you need a lot more proof than you have presented before you should even bring up such a question.

#39 Martin, Oct 31, 2009
  20. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Did you ask to see George W Bush's long form? Bill Clinton's? George HW Bush's? Ronald Reagan's? Jimmy Carter's? Gerald Ford's? Richard Nixon's? I bet you did not even think to ask. This proves what I said above. President Obama's name is the real issue here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.