1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured BREAKING: Trump Shocks In Newest Poll

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 18, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is the ONLY poll that has shown Trump leading every week July, but now it is showing Clinton with a slight lead.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said "heavily titled in Trump's favor" same difference

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Limbaugh pigeon holed me. My wife listens to him EVERY DAY.

He said that I - well not personally on the phone - am one that voted for Trump and will sit back and glibly
    say "I told you so" when he loses.

Wrong! it will be sadly so when the queen of murder smiles her sardonic smile of victory.

HankD

4. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You may be right, but I still think this media blitz could backfire. That said, if Hillary does take over and appoint the most anti-christians judges in our nation's history, the true irony will be she did it with the Church's help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Calminian

Site Supporter

For the record this makes no sense to me at all. Why would any of these be advantage Trump? You said it was biased toward him. Please explain.

6. Calminian

Site Supporter

Rasmussen shows Hillary up by just 4 (I suppose they're biased also, but I don't think the Mr. Rasmussen is a Trump fan.). This seems to be to be a very close race considering the enthusiasm gap. Trump could lose, but celebrations are awfully premature.

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three types of people that pollsters collect data from:

Likely voters
    Registered voters
    Anybody

Likely voters give the most accurate results, then registered voters, then anybody. This poll is taking responses from anybody. That means less educated on the issues, less knowledgeable of the candidates. That leaves name recognition and favorable/unfavorable ratings as the probable drivers for selecting someone.

Who has greater name recognition among the general public? Probably a toss-up in this case.
    Who has the greater favorable ratings, among the general public? Probably Trump, at least until this last weekend. Yes, I know that goes against what we've heard in polls, but I'm talking about the general public, not registered and likely voters. The general public knows Trump as a celebrity, the rich guy on the Apprentice. They know Hillary as the former first lady that's always embroiled in controversy.

So in this case, Clinton vs. Trump, among the general public, I say it skews toward Trump.

Why do you think this poll is valid?

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev,s poll is out of date. The latest LA Times poll shows Clinton is now ahead. Sorry to break Re3v's heart. His hero is dropping, dropping, dropping.

From: http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...in-the-usc-la-times-1476283455-htmlstory.html

Among Donald Trump’s favorite polls this election season is the USC/LA Times Daybreak tracking poll because it so often has shown him ahead when most other polls reported he was behind.

But Trump is unlikely to cite the poll on Twitter or during any of his campaign events Wednesday. For the first time since early September, even the USC/LA Times poll has Hillary Clinton leading.

The poll often is out of sync with other voter surveys because it uses different methodology. It asks voters to estimate, on a scale of 0 to 100, how likely they are to vote for a particular candidate and crunches the results for a daily forecast.

Using the same technique, the poll predicted President Obama’s margin of victory within half a percentage point in 2012.

But the daily poll results often do not immediately reflect voter attitude shifts following a major event, like the release of a video last week in which Trump boasted of sexually assaulting women. That’s because the voters who participate are given a week to respond to each round of questions, and each day’s results reflect an average of the previous week’s responses. There generally is a nine-day lag before major opinion shifts emerge in the result.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rasmussen has a history of over reporting Republican support.

The fact that so many traditionally red states are in play is terribly bad news for Trump--Georgia, Arizona, Utah. To win the presidency, Trump has to carry every single state that Romney won, plus take Florida, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin. Or Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, if he can't take Virginia and Wisconsin. Take a look at the polls in those states and tell us again that Clinton's celebrations are premature.

10. Calminian

Site Supporter

The case you just made actually supports a Clinton bias. If what you says is true, if it's all about media treatment, Hillary wins in spades. Hillary gets positive press all day long, both in news and entertainment, while Trump gets negative press all day long. This poll should be skewed toward Hillary in that case. Right? Surely you don't think media favors Trump? Surely you don't think Hollywood favors Trump?

I think the poll is valid because it's a very large sample size. Also, polls like NBC have a bad track record in the primaries. Regardless, the reasoning above undermines your own case.

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

True (actually Ras has been dead on in some elections) but they don't consider Trump a true republican. Trump is up against the establishment in both parties.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, that means he has to get a significant majority of independent voters. The polls of who is leading among independents are looking really dismal for Trump as well.

13. Calminian

Site Supporter

I just noticed this subtle fib. Trump never boasted of assaulting women. I expect lie from the media, but not "Christians."

14. Calminian

Site Supporter

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would you characterize this--"When you are a star you can do anything. You can just walk right up to them and grab 'em by the ______."

??

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm reading the polls and they say Trump is losing badly with independent voters and you say I'm not accepting the results. You are the one that is clinging to the one, and only poll, and one with shoddy methodology, that showed Trump leading. Who's trying to convince themselves? LOL!

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Calminian

Site Supporter

IOWs, when you're famous they let you. That's different than saying I go up and grope girls against their will. Fame in that case will get you sued.

Again, I expect this from media, but not "Christians." What's worse, a guy the used to be very promiscuous, or a guy that makes false allegations? I'd say God's more offended with you in this case. Call it what it is, which is lewd. But don't make false allegations.

19. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, but the one that was very accurate last election shows them tied. The others have a history of being very wrong.

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to make certain I am understanding you. Are you saying if women "let someone" grope them because that someone is famous, it is consent?