1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured BREAKING: Trump Shocks In Newest Poll

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

yes, "to let" means "to consent."

and to falsely accuse someone of rape or assault is just as bad as rape or assault. it's between you and God.

• Like Like x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the USC/LATimes poll came very close last election. Please list the other polls that were very wrong, i.e. listed Obama as losing in 2012, or in 2008? Or Bush losing in 2004?

I'll save you the trouble for 2012. It was Rasmussen.

3. Calminian

Site Supporter

just going by the primaries, Trump usually outperformed his RPC average.

4. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, and I think they're off for the same reason this year. They can't take into account the enthusiasm gap that Obama had, and now Trump has.

I think we're all tied up. I think most of the polls are junk to sway opinion. I think Trump wins in the end, and may even win in a landslide, when this media smear backfires.

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Mr. Trump has either committed sexual assault accused himself of sexual assault, which is just as bad. That makes it simple.

6. Calminian

Site Supporter

You're making less and less sense. I'm just being honest with you.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look I know some people who will not support Trump want to paint him in the worst possible light but we have to be careful not to over do it. We want to be as full of integrity in our criticism as we can.

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a 19-year-old black man in Illinois who has no idea of the role he is playing in this election.

He is sure he is going to vote for Donald J. Trump.

And he has been held up as proof by conservatives — including outlets like Breitbart News and The New York Post — that Mr. Trump is excelling among black voters. He has even played a modest role in shifting entire polling aggregates, like the Real Clear Politics average, toward Mr. Trump.

How? He’s a panelist on the U.S.C. Dornsife/Los Angeles Times Daybreak poll, which has emerged as the biggest polling outlier of the presidential campaign. Despite falling behind by double digits in some national surveys, Mr. Trump has generally led in the U.S.C./LAT poll. He held the lead for a full month until Wednesday, when Hillary Clinton took a nominal lead.

Our Trump-supporting friend in Illinois is a surprisingly big part of the reason. In some polls, he’s weighted as much as 30 times more than the average respondent, and as much as 300 times more than the least-weighted respondent.

Alone, he has been enough to put Mr. Trump in double digits of support among black voters. He can improve Mr. Trump’s margin by 1 point in the survey, even though he is one of around 3,000 panelists.

Continued:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/u...istorting-national-polling-averages.html?_r=0

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Trump waltzes into the dressing room of the Miss Teen USA pageant, or the Miss Universe pageant, who are these women going to complain to? The pageant owner? Well, that's Donald Trump.

10. Calminian

Site Supporter

Sounds like your targeting someone just because of their race. And yet this guy was accurate in 2008? So your whole case is he's a black Trump supporter, must be evil.

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

I don't know the details of that story. Trump has never been an angel. But I don't believe he's a rapist either, like you're claiming, and like Bill Clinton is, who you support to return to the White House. No Christian should be able to support that in good conscience.

Again, I think Trump beats this and gets elected, maybe by a landslide. True Christians know people change. He's changed on many things including the life issue. Kind of reminds me of myself. I was no angel either.

12. Calminian

Site Supporter

BTW, if one Trump supporter can sway a poll in his favor, how much more could an army of Hillary supporters sway all the other polls? Just a thought.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that what you got out of the article I posted from the NY Times?

I have no words...

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might want to actually read the article. It discusses weighting factors in polls. This one black 19 year old guy was in the group of heavily (out of proportion) weighted factors. Once he dropped out of the poll, all previous results were neutralized. The article does an excellent job explaining why the USC/LATimes poll is fatally flawed. Yet Trump supporters cling to it like an infant to a nuk.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not claiming Trump is a rapist. I'm claiming he condones sexual assault.

I don't support Bill Clinton. I don't support Hillary Clinton. I don't want them back in the White House. Please pay attention.

Yep, no Christian in good conscience should support Bill, Hillary, or Donald Trump. Since there is scarcely anyone on BB that supports the Clintons and many, many that support Trump I choose to focus my fire on Trump.

Twenty-eight more days until you are severely disappointed. You and a couple of other "landsliders" on this board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but he did brag and it is unchristian to defend the actions of such a man.

From the tape:

“And when you’re a star, they let you do it.” And then says, “Grab them by the p***y.”

Perhaps you do not know what the term "sexual assault" means.

womenshealth.gov defines secual assault as:

Sexual assault is any type of sexual activity, including rape, that you do not agree to. Also called sexual violence or abuse, sexual assault is never your fault

Wikipedia defines sexual assault as:

Sexual assault is a sexual act in which a person is coerced or physically forced to engage against their will, or a non-consensual sexual touching of a person. Sexual assault is a form of sexual violence, and it includes rape (such as forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration or drug facilitated sexual assault), groping, forced kissing, child sexual abuse, or the torture of the person in a sexual manner

#76 Crabtownboy, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  17. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Consenusal" = "they let me" but go ahead and keep overplaying your hand for all I care.

No, these polls are limited in value because you really don't know who is going to show up to vote - I do think the early voting "results" (which aren't really results) look good for Trump. Rasmussen, and even Gallup, did miss 2012, even considering the MoE but I will never forget how PMSNBC and others totally missed the mark in 2004 with their . . . exit polling - either they botched it or those polled just lied.

Whatever, these tracking polls seem too experimental, any poll that shows only a 33% vote for Romney in 2012 is trash, time to follow the money again.

At this point in the game, right before the home stretch, the thing to do is see who is where and why.

Hillary's doing rallies in Nevada and Colorado and tomorrow she's off to San Francisco to do yet another fundraiser. Then she does NOTHING until that last debate on the 19th. Her surrogates are doing nothing but fundraisers until then, except for Obama doing some get-out-the vote thing in Ohio. Her actions tell me that NV, CO, and OH are up in the win and that she's going to really prepare for the last debate and have a huge ad blitz.

Trump just left PA, now he's due to hold rallies in FL, OH, NC, NH, ME, while Pence is hitting VA and NC. This means Trump wants press visibility and that he considers all of those states viable.

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My apologies.

I want trying to get my head around what you wrote and I dropped a word. Let me try it again:

So Mr. Trump has either (1) committed sexual assault or (2) accused himself of sexual assault, which [you claimed] is just as bad. That makes it simple. By your analysis, Trump is a sexual predator.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that the Media and elite in Politics are going to have a rude awaking, as they will find out on election day that they really misjudged the American public, as we were not nearly as concerned woth trump potty mouth as we were and are of Hillary lies and really bad policies and plans!

20. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm afraid those who have bought into the Trump delusion are going to have the rude awakening. Then, they will have a choice to continue in his lies and assume the election has been stolen, or return to reality.

• Agree Agree x 1