1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bundy and Sterling - How Deep Does this Go?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Apr 28, 2014.

?
  1. Yes ... without a doubt

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Not sure, but their comments are wrong!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. No, that is their right to freedom of speech

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Bundy will pay the price through loss of support on issues

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  5. Sterling should be reprimanded ...

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Sterling should give up his ownership of the Clippers!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Sterling should remain owner, but pay fine and apologize

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The players should not finish this season ....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The players should be allowed to leave contractual obligations

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  10. Players should no longer accept pay from their racist owner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was a nation colonized by and for freed American slaves. Send them there. Or let them have the New England states as a separate nation. I'm tired of this manure.

Perhaps we should have the same attitude toward racism as we do toward Abolition. The laws don't work, so just embrace racism and work with it.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Or we could just let the Indians take back their land and put all the white and black people out. I'm sure they're tired of all of us.

Sterling probably started with Angry White Man Syndrome too. It's contagious.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Apparently the NBA has known for years and has received many complaints about some of his behavior. They looked the other way. Now it's out and they need to get their product out of his hands. I still wouldn't suit up for another game as long as he owned the team.

At this point, anything short of him selling the team or the NBA taking control of all team operations away from him and essentially forcing him to sell the team will appear as a concession by the league.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Previously, his stupidity has only been displayed locally, or in private. No one is surprised. No one is expressing surprise. What they are expressing is outrage that some doddering only fool -- no matter how "great" he may be for his own person undertaking of an "urban renewal program" -- isn't savvy enough to shut up about his personal bigotry. Everyone has prejudices. Those are to be expected. But when you tell your black mistress not to bring blacks to the arena? Geez, what would you expect her to do?

Doesn't the fact of who he rambled this nonsense at open up a whole new can of worms we could discuss on a Christian board? I don't suppose we can expect the world to hold to our views of the sanctity of marriage or the immorality of adultery, can we? By the way, why hasn't anyone on this board taken the man to task for that too, while we've been at it? Just because she's a gold digging tramp as equally culpable as he in sin doesn't make him any more righteous.

What do you expect? An NAACP award? Nope, sorry, we're going to cancel that, 'cause you're a racist! Anyone who tolerates language like that today needs to look at their own views and maybe weed out a few bad ones.

#44 thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm glad you mentioned that because THAT, by itself should have been enough for the league to force his hand to sell the team. from what I'm reading this man has had quite a few mistresses publicly. I thought he was divorced from his wife and thus the current lady he seemed to be okay with being seen with out in public. But if she's the mistress, he's even more of a disgusting man. I cannot stand a man who will cheat on his wife.

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evidently, blacks are OK with that. They have their own TV networks, their own business associations, their own colleges, their own beauty pageants.

Personally, I'm fine with that. I believe anybody has a right to associate with anybody they want to and, conversely, not associate with anybody they don't want to.

My only question is, why the double standard? Why is it just fine to have a Black Miss America pageant, but you know the Left would lose their minds if we had a "White Miss America".

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lawless, warring and savage tribes have no legitimate claim to any land or sovereignty. They were stealing land and dealing in slaves worse than anything of which the U.S. has been accused.

However, perhaps we should have simply let them kill each other off first.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What double standard? Blacks are only doing what Whites had done.

There was a Miss America pageant that catered to only white women for decades. Maybe after they catch up, they'll disband the Miss Black America pageant.

White America set the standard for segregation. Minorities are simply now repeating the same wrongs that were exampled for them by White America. It took White America some time . It will take Black America some time.

But when White America is catering to White America when it comes to events and programming, why is anyone surprised that minorities are starting their own after being left out for so long?

I'm not saying it's right, but we shouldn't act like the motive behind it isn't understood. TV, movies, magazines, etc, etc, in this country is geared toward the majority and a certain level of success derives out of that. Minorities want the same.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

According to whom? The thieving folks who took the land from them? I see it now : "Ohhh yall are too uncivilized to be in control of this land. We need land so because we need it and yall are uncivilized, we're gonna take it."

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You see my true colors, true colors comin' through...

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

You can't take a man's property just because he's an idiot, and the NBA won't do that. They may force him to put it into a holding company run by his soon-to-be ex-wife or someone else in his family, but no way that stupidity forces anyone to sell anything -- unless you happen to be a disordered gambler. :laugh:

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It depends. All of your professional leagues have a clause in the contracts of al of its owners and players that allows them to be "fired" per se for conduct detrimental to the game.

However we seem to be in an age now where folks don't even bat an eyelash at that type of behavior because the players are all sleeping around too and everyone knows it.

13. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So, if the Miss America pageant is segregated, why was there a black Miss America?

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You really DO have a problem reading, dontcha?:laugh:

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just took it from the thieves who killed the tribes that were there before them, who had killed the ones who were there before them, who had killed the ones . . .

The land wasn't stolen by the U.S. It was pretty much up for grabs.

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Hard as this is to SAY ....

..... I have to agree with you. When it is needed [and it is needed a lot] blacks will play the proverbially "race card!" But, what do other races have to play?

When they feel like they've been wronged, all of America holds its breath, as law enforcement ramps upto prepare for riots that may or may not break out due to the level of the racist action conduted toward a black!

Sad indeed! Maybe we should all develop a thick skin, on racism, learn to expect that it exists, and not be so reactive when it happens!

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not Abolition. I meant Prohibition. Had slavery on the brain when typing.