1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush Pastor Launches Pro-Obama Web Site

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

It all comes down to this. You started a thread with a misleading title. Now you're casting little insults at me for questioning you on it.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I check out everything, and I am always right. But most people want to verify.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're quibbling.

"A" Bush pastor?

How many does he have?

Gershom is correct. Magnetic Poles altered the title in order to misrepresent the subject.

4. Magnetic Poles

You guys are just looking for a quibble...the CBS article has that exact headline. Not misleading at all.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the title of the story at CBS News:

Bush Pastor Launches Pro-Obama Web Site

- www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/27/politics/washingtonpost/main4214927.shtml?source=search_story

MP is right. Those who are badgering him should stop quibbling over the title now.

It was not long ago that I questioned one of the conservatives about the title of his thread not jiving with the story he was referencing and his excuse was that was what the title of the article was. If was good enough for a conservative when he posted it should be good enough when anyone else posts.

#25 KenH, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That ain't the point. I showed you proof that that a candidate who claimed to be Christian was said by an opponent to be otherwise, and you did not dispute that; thus this pastor is a liar. Besides that, you are now proof yourself that others who claimed to be Christian are disputed in such a claim, as you just did it.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it is the point. If she said that Reagan was not a Christian and he wasn't, then she was right. :laugh: Wow, you really get worked up don't you?

8. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

The press using a misleading headline doesn't justify someone else doing the same. And, yes, it IS misleading.

9. Magnetic Poles

You're a hard headed cuss ain't ya? Google BUSH PASTOR, you'll get lots of hits. Plus, Bush, a Methodist, isn't a member of any particular congregation. Rev. Caldwell is the one he has called on for years as his "pastor" and spiritual advisor. Bush sometimes attends Windsor Village when back in Houston. Caldwell fills the role of pastor in every sense when the Bush family calls upon him. Your ignorance is on display, and you keep reiterating it for us. :BangHead:

Do you know of another person who can claim to be Bush's Pastor?

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some will rationalize, deny, hide their heads in the sand, do anything to avoid what they do not like or disagree with. :laugh:

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure why calling him Bush's pastor is all that big a problem. Although linking to one article and using the title to another is a little odd.

12. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Just because this guy has officiated some events hardly makes him George Bush's pastor. And from where do you get your notion that he is the President's "spiritual advisor?" Or that Bush has "called on him for years as his pastor?"

Is he not a member of Park Hill United Methodist Church? If in fact he is, why do you say "he is not a member of any particular congregation?"

Please, enlighten me so that I might cease from reiterating my ignorance with every post.

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are agreeing, then, that pastor was wrong when he said no other candidate who claims to be Christian has been accused of not being one. That is the point.

14. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Seems to me the thread is intent on badgering about the thread title because they don't want to talk about the issue at hand and the racist remark made at the top of the thread. Mods, change the title so the article will be discussed and not the title.

15. Magnetic Poles

Yep, with over 30 posts and no substance. Typical.

16. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I don't believe it is racist to point out the obvious.
    A June 20 Gallup poll shows "Blacks almost unanimously back Obama." The pastor who was referred to in the OP is African-American. He supports Obama, and has launched a pro-Obama website. If that is not relevent to the OP then please explain why.

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Sleep needed!

Would the teacher of this kindergarten class consider putting all the kiddies down for some much needed "nap-time"? :sleeping_2:

'Er, I mean the Moderators?? :(

Ed

18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ahhhhhhhh, Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, if it is racist for a black pastor to support Obama is it racist for a white psychologist, Dobson, to support McCain?:wavey:

19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NiteShift must have posted something that my 'puter didn't pick up, cause surely you aren't saying his post accused anybody of being racist; are you???

But then again, he did use the "R" word, so maybe that's all you saw!:BangHead::tonofbricks:

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you dishonestly misrepresented the subject and it threw the thread off topic.

But there wasn't much to the topic to begin with. It was contrived to make a point that just wasn't there in the first place.l

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.