1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buy a Dish, get a free gun

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Apr 2, 2011.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope the guy gets some legal help.

If Radio Shack is exceeding the terms of their contract by forcing him to be politically correct, I hope he nails 'em good.

I think the promotion is an all American all time great idea. If someone put it on here, I'd stand in line to sign up. :thumbs:

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Being a licensed firearm carrying Private Investigator "on the side" I disagree with you that a firearm should "always" be held by two hands. If the target is three to ten feet and depending on agile they are you are taught to pull the gun from the holster and fire with the gun pretty much tucked in under your arm with only the barrel extended. Otherwise, the other guy is going to grab your gun, kick it out of your hands or if you have already fired one round can grab a semi-automatic hard enough to keep it from reloading if he can push it around far enough for it to hit his hand, but not kill him. If he is on crack (methamphetamine) and our Wal-Mart in our town in the number one selling Pseudophedrine seller of all Wal-Marts which says a lot for this area. If he is on meth a shot to the face is usually the only way to stop so the procedure is hold in tight, fire two rounds in the chest area, then extend slightly and shoot the face. That is the only way to stop them.

The side shooting comes from a difference in the way American Police and foreign police carry their fire-arms. In Israel they are not allowed to carry a round in the chamber. For this reason, Massad and Israeli police developed a way of placing the gun behind their back where they can reach it with the gun hand and as the pull it around to the side they rack it with the other hand giving them almost as much speed as a bullet in the chamber. This is not just a tv gimmick, it is now widely used in other countries since America is one of the few countries that carry their guns chambered and keep their finger on the outside of the trigger guard (after all your finger is your only safety) and if you will notice military pictures show the same method of holding any type of assault weapon. Finger outside the trigger guard until it is pointed and shot.

Obviously, if you carry a gun with a chambered round, you don't need to rack the gun from you back and shoot from the side. Massad always fires three rounds if possible for maximum effect.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting!

I always have a round chambered, and 13 additional rounds in the magazine.

Slightly off topic, I find it really funny how so many of the Hollywood folks either don't understand how guns operate, or they assume the general public doesn't know how they operate.

I was watching a show the other night where a man was being threatened by a handgun held to his head. In order to ratchet up the dramatic tension, the actors usually pull back the hammer on what is a DA/SA pistol in order to give the handgun more of a "hair-trigger." That's fine, because it is fairly realistic. Well the other night, the bad guy had the gun to the hero's head and actually manipulated the entire slide(!), thereby chambering a round. Since a round was not ejected when he did that, the bad guy was apparently holding a gun without a round in the chamber to the head of the hero as some kind of threat (talk about incompotent). Furthermore, it didn't sound like he had actually transferred a round from the magazine into the chamber. Expecting a plot twist, I told my wife, "the guy is bluffing with an unloaded gun." Alas, it he was not. Just another Hollywood misrepresentation.

My favorite TV/movie gun cliche is holding the semi-auto pistol sideways ("the death shot") to shoot. Try that on a real pistol and you are likely to stove-pipe or otherwise jam it since the brass may not eject properly.