Buy American?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Baptist in Richmond, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Baptist in Richmond Active Member

2. poncho Well-Known Member

The Heritage Foundation is a globalist think tank what else can we expect from them? The third world's misery and slavery is sustainable America's sovereignty, liberty and prosperity is not.

3. Johnv New Member

There's no such thing as buing American exclusively. I'll buy American if the product being produced is competitively priced.

4. Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The article doesn't do a very good job of defending its position. There must be better articles out there defending market globalization.

While I personally am not against the idea of globalization, I am against the exploitation of third world workers for cheap north american goods.

Admittedly, I do not do adequate research to see if the corporations I buy things from actually do this or not. I do believe they should be held accountable for their scrupulous business practices overseas by consumers and that this type of information needs to be more transparent and accessible to consumers.