1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cabinet Positions, Staff

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. Shows wisdom, foresight, vision (speaking of Falwell, of course). Liberty is one of the few biblical creationists schools in the nation. Evolutionary thinking is at the heart of every issue in America. It's one of the reasons I like him so much. Kids that go there come out with a Biblical world view.

Just out of curiosity, are you a creationist?

#21 Calminian, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. But I'm not so keen on a 6,000 year old earth. On the other hand, I don't buy into 15 billion years old, either. It's more likely that Adam and Eve were alive around 10,000 years ago and the earth is older than that, but I admit to not studying it much. I just don't know and I don't put much priority on it. I do not believe that humans evolved through a process of beneficial mutations over millions of years.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Calminian

Site Supporter

Explains a lot. Our world views are very different. I don't believe death and suffering reigned millions of years prior to Adam's sin.

The world view you describe is what I believe is causing such a disconnect with the world and the Church. It's why the youth are fleeing at alarming rates. We don't have any good answers about suffering.

In the biblical view, it all makes sense. There was no predation or death or suffering until Adam sinned.

This may be for another thread.

Bottom line, Falwell has this down. His students are taught the Biblical view.

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will point out that this is something that I didn't say.

I didn't describe a world view of an evolved earth over millions of years.

No kidding!

Bottom line. The Education Department should be abolished. Trump said so during the campaign. He's right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Calminian

Site Supporter

You said man was created about 10,000 years ago. Do you believe all life was created 10K ago? If so, that would be my mistake.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Calminian

Site Supporter

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Elaine Chao for Transportation Secretary

I wouldn't call this draining the swamp!

(CNN)President-elect Donald Trump has chosen Elaine Chao, the former labor secretary and wife of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, to be his choice for transportation secretary, an official briefed on the matter told CNN on Tuesday.

Chao served as secretary of labor under President George W. Bush from 2001 through 2009 -- the longest tenure in the position since World War II -- and has been married to McConnell since 1993.

Chao also served as the deputy secretary of transportation under President George H.W. Bush from 1989 to 1991.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Calminian

Site Supporter

You're so negative. If Trump picked her, I trust his judgment. He's good at choosing the best people for particular jobs. Something impressed him.

But if you have the goods on her, please share? Spill the juicy gossip.

Trump's going to need Mitchy to get things done. This could be brilliant.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #DrainTheSwamp means to get rid of career politicians, Washington insiders, and lobbyists from positions of power. Ms. Chao's record of being employed in both Bush administrations shows she's a swamp denizen. The point is that Trump promised to drain the swamp and he's appointing lifelong politicians to positions of power, breaking his promise.

McConnell is a compromising RINO and a target of tea partiers. Now, all of a sudden he's a good guy?!

Trump also needs Paul Ryan, so why is he attacking him?

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

I thought it meant get rid of corruption.

12. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought the same thing when I heard, but I've a wait and see attitude on how his deals pans out. I don't care for McConnel, but he is in a powerful position, and Trump has to do what it takes to get what he wants. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I guess it means that too, but it also means to get rid of lifers by imposing term limits and restrictions on lobbying.

14. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Secretary of State, Defense Secretary, Homeland Security Secretary, Commerce Secretary, and there's a zillion more secretaries Trump has to pick. Not surprised with the pick of Elaine Choa for Transportation, she is experienced and a triple minority - asian, female, and Mitch McConnell's wife.

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has picked Gen. James Mattis for Sec. of Defense. The problem is that Mattis retired in June 2013, only 3 1/2 years ago. According to law, no former military officer can lead the Defense Department until they have been out of the military for at least 7 years. Republicans must now plan on passing an exemption to the law in order to confirm Mattis.

It's been done only once before. George Marshall in 1950.

I like the pick and hope he gets confirmed.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo