1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cable News Viewers Are Getting Smarter – Dumping Fox News

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Sep 27, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Losers, in other words. No power, no influence, no ability to do anything.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you been involved in a political party? And I dont mean just voting. Have you attended meetings which set up platform, help select candidates, ect?

Here are the current active parties in GA

#42 Salty, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And yet the "tea party" has the establishment republicans and democrats so worried about their growing influence they feel the need to demonize them every chance they get.

Imagine republicans that are in favor of following the constitution and rule of law. Probably sounds absurd to you. But none the less here we are the "tea party" has the whole RINO herd nervous because their message of liberty is drowning out the RINOs message of more government, more war. more debt and less freedom.

Your failure to whip the people into another war frenzy has flopped. You neocons are the losers now. Maybe you should get out of the republican party and start your own party. You could call it the "we lie to start wars so the banksters and arms industry can get richer" party.

Or how about the Trotsky party? The neocons always favored his notion of "perpetual revolution" (endless warfare) so why not name your new party after it's ideological father? You could all go to meetings and take turns reading from Machiavelli's "The Prince" to come up with ideas for the new party platform.

#43 poncho, Sep 29, 2013
  4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

How about a different perspective? Someone who has time to watch either CNN or FOX needs a hobby. Has listening to the biased news daily ever made one iota of difference in you life? One can go to MSN.com and get all the information they need in less than one minute.

Really, time is a precious gift of God. If one is squandering it by watching the Gay O'Reilly Loud Mouth Show, then maybe going up a couple of notches and watching reruns of the Gong Show.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

What's happening is the government and corporate media's narratives are being challenged and torn down before they are even formed by the alternative media.

This has got the establishment powers that be so riled up they want the government to shut down their newest competition by using censorship and "regulations" that favor the old corporate dinosaur media conglomerates.

To late, the corporate media has lost it's credibility and people are moving away from it to get their news and information. Let the people like Dianne Feinstein and TND holler for more government control and censorship over their critics till their lungs give out.

No one to speak of is tuning into Fox and CNN to hear them fret and carry on about their loss of "information control" anymore anyways save for a few old neocons and liberal "dead enders" . :thumbsup:

#45 poncho, Sep 29, 2013
  6. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe so, but I agree with them more than I agree with the republicans.

Odds are that in major elections I will still vote republican just to get the lesser of two evils in office. (Or if by some chance the democratic candidate is the lesser of two evils, I'd vote for him.) But in smaller elections I'll strongly consider the libertarian candidate.

Why does this have to be a two party system anyway? *sigh*
    On the other hand, if the independent parties got as large as the two main parties, they'd probably get to be just as corrupt.
    I like that we have some libertarian-leaning candidates trying to creep into the republican party--if they can pull that off, we just might get somewhere.

#46 evenifigoalone, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or if all States/Commonwealths adopted the fusion ticket..... then smaller parties will have a bigger say in the major parties.

8. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never had the chance to.
    I wanted to attend some tea party meetings a few years back. And I'd be really interested in attending a libertarian party meeting. Or a constitution party one to learn more about their positions.

For now, I just follow the tea party and libertarian party pages on facebook.