1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cain and God?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by SovereignGrace, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Perhaps.
    But consider just a minute our responsibility to our generation only. After all we are responsible for it, and it also has the greatest population at any time in history.
    Is it possible that every person at least has the possibility of hearing the gospel at least once in their lifetime? Will they encounter that possibility, or to put it another way, if they had the desire would it be impossible for any person not reach the gospel in some manner?

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

You need to hang it up my friend. You're way out there in la la land. Nothing in Scripture supports your chimera. The heavens don't declare the Gospel, and not everyone has heard. Please stop teaching people.

• Like Like x 1
  3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Calvin as well as Henry support go read their commentaries on Psalms 19

4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cain went from God and found his wife in Nod. He was of the wicked one, Satan(by relationship, not direct lineage of his loins), so he never taught his children about God. Now, this is conjecture, and I readily conceed that. It was through Seth that God's peoples sprung. Cain and his lineage, appear to have been left to their own devices.

5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are confused by their writings. Henry and Calvin were not mystics. You, though, are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Internet Theologian

No, they do not.

You misread them as you also do the Scriptures. What you do is quote Scripture, or an author, then you add your thoughts (misthoughts) in the end as though they say what you make them say, or mean what you make them mean, or support your errors.

My friend, you are so off track it is impossible to get you back on track humanly speaking. I am impressed SG has tangled with you this far. I will say, for the record, you are, in fact, a false teacher.

#206 Internet Theologian, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Scripture which I have posted on this thread back it up and not one person has refuted those scriptures because scripture is irrefutable. Psalms 19:1,3; Romans 1:20; and brother Calvin gave us Acts 14:16 as proof. Post 158-160 show their beliefs.

8. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Go back and read their commentaries in post 158-160 and show how I supposedly misread or mid-interpreted

9. Internet Theologian

I've already read them. You add your thoughts in the end as if they support you. They don't. It would be a waste of time to show you, you either cannot see it, or you will not see it. I'm betting on the former rather than the latter. You are, my friend, a false teacher. Stop teaching others.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Internet Theologian

Oh please with the hubris that no one has refuted your error. Scripture is irrefutable, your interpretations are at best heterodox, but are of a much more serious nature and error. But to align irrefutable Scripture and parallel that with you and your teachings is the epitome of arrogance.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Internet Theologian

You are a much more patient man than I!

• Like Like x 1
  12. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, Psalms 19 & Romans 1 declare God exists. We're good so far. Where you go off the rails is stating this natural revelation proclaims the gospel. Matthew Henry & John Calvin do not say this, only you do. They agree those two chapters declare God's existence, but not the gospel.

You then go further off the rails and post about tribes with names I couldn't spell if my life depended upon it are worshipping God. No one worships God without a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. These tribes had gods of their own making, and yet, you state they worship the only One, True, God!?!?!?

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been praying for God to open his eyes. He's supposed to be a preacher of his word. He is to be held to a higher standard. To whom much is given, much is required.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Internet Theologian

If the heavens declared the Gospel there would be no need to preach, and all the OT saints would have known all the truths of the Gospel which was a hidden mystery revealed in NT times. Going to church would be looking into the sky. The point of natural revelation is to declare there is God, it is not showing the Gospel.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have said this to him MANY times and he bows his head and keeps plodding further and further into heresy.

I guess Allen Parson's Project was onto something with their hit 'Eye in the Sky'? Would his teaching here be illuminati-ish?

#215 SovereignGrace, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  16. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To claim they are at best, heterodox is putting it mildly. I call it full-blown mysticism...which is heresy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Worshipping idols = worshipping God
    The heavens declare God = the proclamation of the gospel

Two heretical stances and not heterodox.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Internet Theologian

He listens to no one, then quotes others and makes pretense they support him. He makes statements after his quotations as if all along they were supporting his beliefs some 500 years ago.

And I mean that.

They are quoted as if they intended to support what mwc teaches, as if that were their sole purpose, to support him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 1:16, Romans 10:8-17, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Ephesians 1:13, all come via the gospel and not via natural revelation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning. Some time after 1:30 am Pacific time this thread will be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.