1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Calvinism and Aminianism and their influence on Adventist belief

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Hobie, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus Himself stated that NO ONE that he really saves ever will get lost again!
    Do you trust him?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We must have faith in Him, but even the devils know the truth and yet they tremble.
    James 2:19 King James Version (KJV)
    19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Many Christians continue in the bond of iniquity, but they will be found out.
    Luke 13:26-28 King James Version (KJV)
    26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
    27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
    28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who overcome are a son of God, ". . . He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. . . ." Revelation 21:7.

Who are they? ". . . For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. . . ." 1 John 5:4.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NONE of them were ever saved....

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 3:5 says the overcomer will not be blotted out of the book, do you deny that?

6. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We must ask for the Holy Spirit to transform our hearts and minds, and be born again and show the fruits.

Galatians 5:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

7. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is why with Christ's power, we need to overcome the bondage of sin...
    Revelation 2:26
    And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

8. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Galatians 2:20-21 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    False. The transformation is the free gift result from the new birth. ". . .Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. . . ." 2 Corinthians 5:17.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A false view.
    Revelation 2:26 is true,
    ". . . And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: . . ." Because, 1 John 5:4-5, ". . . For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? . . . " Either one is now an overcomer or one is yet lost.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And how are you born again, through the Holy Spirit..

1 Peter 1:22-23 King James Version (KJV)
    22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
    23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

#71 Hobie, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  12. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We must in faith accept Christ into our hearts and His righteousness and then having this 'mind of Christ' in us, overcome like Christ.

Philippians 2:5-8 King James Version (KJV)
    5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

13. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen..
    1 John 4:13 King James Version (KJV)
    13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

1 John 5:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
    3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
    4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
    5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

14. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think again the issue here seems to be what it means to being born again, we solve that and then the truth is evident. The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost each are involved in this process of being born again. So that is the question at hand that we wrestle with, and we are all putting our hands on a part of it, like the proverbial elephant in the room, but we need to put them together to understand the answer.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By believing in God's Christ. 1 John 5:1, "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . ."

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus already has overcame the world, as do all of us now found in Him!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Father has all of the saved in His hand, and NONE can take out of their security, and Jesus died in our stead, and the Spirit Himself seals us eternally into Christ!
    3 cords that can never be broken!

18. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And yet many who call themselves Christian but still are under the bondage of iniquity will at the end hear Christ say to depart from Him...
    Matthew 7:23
    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus never knew them as His own, so never were saved!

20. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly, we cannot be presumptuous and reject Gods Law and be under the bondage of sin, and say we are saved. We need to repent of sin and iniquity, and have Christ in us and we in Him...
    Acts 2:38
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 3:19
    Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Matthew 4:17
    From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.