1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism, Arminianism, how can we find what is the true doctrine from God?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Hobie, Mar 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are any of us Good, any of even us seeking God before saved?

2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that's what you are hearing when I write and share scripture that should be a huge red flag to you and your relationship with the Creator.

Your contention is with the God who saves, not with me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Serving EVIL should be a huge red flag for you. Hating people prior to their existence should be a huge red flag. When loving enemies is the rule and And a Liar teaches you Jesus doesn't follow it himself, That is a huge red flag.

When you take everything in scripture and run it backwards, with backwards order of things that is huge red flag.

When God almighty gives a COMMAND, and your still clueless as to what he wants and desires......that is a huge red flag.

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

Not everyone's idea of God,
    Your idea of God is absolutely evil.

There are Calvinists out there with absolutely lovable idea of God. And they out number you hyper-calvinists, and even outnumber BAPTISTS.

You wouldn't even consider John Calvin to be Calvinist by your God awful standard.

You are the extremist.....your a sneeze away from being a Westboro Baptist.

Does God hate Black People? Does God hate homosexuals? YES OR NO?

Your almost there and better off BEING there.

5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Utilyan, it's not my idea that matters. What matters is what God HAS revealed about Himself.
    You have consistently rejected what God reveals very clearly in the Bible.
    At this point you are just gnashing your teeth.

Acts 7:51-57 “You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered, you who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it.” Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth at him. But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” But they cried out with a loud voice and stopped their ears and rushed together at him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do all of us here deserve heaven or Hell?
    Must God save all sinners, is He under some mandate?
    Is He sovereign or not in manners of salvation?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems that the Gospel of Free will now alive and well in the RCC!

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Do all of us here deserve heaven or Hell?"

Nope. Not in scripture. God put his two cents in Jesus Christ and commanding all to repent.

Even if scripture matter of factly stated that all people just do go to hell with no one saved.

Its going OVERBOARD into God's mind and opinion to presume he believes ANYONE DESERVES HELL.

"DESERVING" Hell implies a right to perpetually sin against God. You can't make that call.

"Must God save all sinners, is He under some mandate?"

Nope, Neither is he under a mandate required to DAMN ONE sinner.
    He desires all to be saved.
    1 Timothy 2
    4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

"Is He sovereign or not in manners of salvation?"

Yep. All Good acts have God as its source.

9. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you have not read Matthew 25. Both the sheep and the goats were indistinguishable, except to God.

Matthew 25:32-46 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,you did it to me.’ “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless you are perfect always in thoughts, deeds, and words, deserve Hell!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a really bad news extreme free will gospel some teach here!

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

OBVIOUSLY no one deserves hell if GOD says everyone deserves being fed when hungry, given drink when thirsty being welcomed, clothed, visited when sick or in prison.

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    So God is sending people to hell who don't deserve it, but only the ones he selects as goats? All the others, because they deserve it, are chosen to be sheep?
    But, by your standards, everyone is deserving?

I am just wondering because it seems you are saying that everyone deserves heaven.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just love each other and God will fogive your sins, as you deserve to be forgiven!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All have sinned, and sin bring death and then judgement!

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

I don't make judgement calls. Treat folks the way you want to be treated You also need to prioritize what GOD deserves over what a perpetrator deserves.

Saying someone DESERVES hell is highly opinionated Judgement, For anyone to hear that is a punishment on its own already. Only God can make that call.

If we all deserve hell. It would have been written out in the bible. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

It is a false teaching not taught anywhere, it comes from PERSONAL OPINION, PERSONAL JUDGEMENT of the situation.

Quote God saying it, Can't? TOO bad! So sad! good bye!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God already has judged you and me as being guilty as charged, and its only by His grace we are fully Justified!

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

Well you have your accuser, where is mine?

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a sinner? yes you are, so already guilty as charged!

20. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying we all deserve hell is not an opinion...it's God's word.

Romans 3:21-26 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Romans 6:15-23 What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 7:24-25 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
    Romans 8:1,31-39 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

utilyan, you ignore God's word and claim what God does not claim. This is not my opinion. I have shared what God declares. You openly deny it and claim a different gospel. May God have mercy on you.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.