1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism VS Arminianism Comparison Chart by L. Boettner

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 1689Dave, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would there be unelect if there was no sin?

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, Lodebar.

The theme of Romans is the Gospel....and more ( Romans 1:15 ).
    It also includes election, predestination, calling, justification, sanctification and glorification ( Romans 8:29-30 ).

"Non-elect"?
    That's been answered in my last post.

No sin = no Saviour.
    if Adam and Eve would have never sinned, then we'd still be in the Garden.

3. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not find an answer from previous posts

Sin did not occur first in the Garden. It occurred in Heaven

You believe God initiates sin, Sin occurred in free choice.

Creation is for the resolution of sin, not the reverse.

Why would God ask sinners to come to repentance if they were already programmed.?

4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.
    It occurred with mankind first, in the Garden.
    Lucifer the and angels that fell with him, tried to stage an uprising and were thrown out.
    No, I do not.
    I agree.
    I disagree.
    Salvation and the gift of eternal life to His children are the resolution of sin and evil.

For the lost, there is no resolution nor reconciliation.
    The Lord casts away all those who hate Him and His ways.

God casts all those He does not love, into eternal Hell fire as punishment for their willfully committed sins.
    First, He doesn't "ask" sinners to repent...He commands them ( Acts of the Apostles 17:30 ).

Second, there is no "pre-programming" on God's part.
    Men voluntarily love sin and refuse to give it up.
    The Lord simply gave us, as a race, over to that which we desire ( Romans 1:28 ).
    God then enters the "picture" in His grace, decides to pardon some of us in His mercy, and changes a man's heart to be soft towards Him, by the power of His Spirit.

If anything, men are "pre-programmed" to hate Him, because that "programming" is passed on from generation to generation through the flesh...
    Adam and Eve "tainted the clay", and now we all pay for it.

Don't blame the Lord...He is innocent of any offense.
    We did this ourselves, and unless He decided to have mercy, then all of us would be undone ( Isaiah 1:9, Romans 9:29 ).
    He is righteous, and we are the culprits in our own downfall.

I think the biggest part of what you're having a problem with, is that He doesn't save everyone, when 1 Timothy 2:4 seems to say that His will is to save everyone.
    You seem to think that He stands back and allows us to determine who is saved...

The reality is, He stood back and let us ruin it all, and then He stepped in and decided who to save and who to punish, which is His right.
    If He stood back and let us decide, that would mean that who is saved is determined by selfish men.
    He will not allow man to intrude into His mercy and grace ( Romans 11:5-6 ).

This is my final reply to you in this thread.

May God bless you in your studies.:)

#124 Dave G, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And who caused this "programming of sin" and "hate of God" that you speak of to be passed on from generation to generation? Who designed that feature in man?

#125 InTheLight, Jul 30, 2019
  6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In God's word, the answer for that can be found in Romans 1:18-32.
    The Lord inspired Paul to develop it quite thoroughly.

We did.
    God allowed us to gradually fall into sin and a love for it.
    It was not His doing.

However, it was His choice to stand back and allow us to have our free will choice...to ruin ourselves as a race.:Sick
    So, for all the talk of free will by those who think that their will plays a part in salvation, we have the proof of what our free will did...

It made it necessary to send His Son to die on a cross and shed His blood for anyone He was to save.:Thumbsup

#126 Dave G, Jul 30, 2019
  7. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    you should have quit a long time ago

you=.all Calvinists

you do not know sin, you do not know why you are here, you are egotistical in your salvation, you declare you are special to God and others are not, you do not realize your claims ultimately declare God as the originator of sin, without free will.
    You insult God by limiting His power, You insult the saving ability of Christ, , etc, etc

Calvinism is false, of the Devil. and tries to blame God for sin and some going to Hell, Satan attacks the church from within as well as from without

8. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dave I analogize to include you with those who do not believe in free will, in the last post

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This post is not helpful, it is uncharitbale, and unnecessary.

10. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psa 51:5 KJV - Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, Rev, you are correct .
    are you not tired of saying the same thing to the same people?. You do present the word to them , they respond as they can until you prove them wrong, Rev. They quit the discussion but they repeat the same errors in another post.
    Some are just ignorant of scriptures but after you show them truth, they would rather claim the error rejecting the truth you have shown so well.
    Is it ego that keeps many from seeing what you have shown so many times?

Do many just do not post?

12. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this verse confirm we are sinners before birth?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

That is a much better review.

Also those of us in the s.e.a do vary a bit between the classics and the Wesleyans on certain things.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course Dave all Calvinist know more about free will that those who practice it. It is just plain simple minded to assume that everyone who is not a Calvinist must be Arminian Typical ignorance on your part.
    The easiest believe-ism is Calvinism because, you don't even have to believe. You believe you are magically zapped with Salvation with out believing. I Find your ideas of how we are saved to be foreign to the gospel. You read scripture then you misrepresent it with your own interpretation. God's Word interprets it self. It doesn't need your false interpretations.
    MB

15. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it strange that you would be upset by a simple comparison of Calvinism and Arminianism. It's nothing more than a comparison.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not up set but I imagine that the Lord must be because He wants you to choose to love Him just as He chose you to love. You keep interpreting scripture and ever time you get it wrong. When are you going to realize that it takes two to have a relationship with Christ.You and Christ in acceptance of one another You cannot have a relationship with out choosing to. There simply is no such thing as a one sided relationship. The difference between free will believers and Calvinist is that you have nothing that supports your false assumptions but all the so called great Calvinist before you. The very Bible it self proves Calvinism to be completely wrong in your means of Salvation. No one is saved with out submission to Christ and this requires choice and the belief that Christ is who He said He is. Salvation is a narrow path and few there be that find it. Which indicates that we have to search it out but Calvinist make this impossible with there doctrine of total depravity and the inability of man to seek God. This is the biggest lie of Calvinism..

I'll hand it to you Calvinist they have there doctrine all sewed up. I have never seen any other implied religion so full of man instead of God. Your religion is worshiping man.
    MB

17. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do those who practice free will have an identity? Large/dominate groups most often chose a name.

Not willing to remain simple minded in your view, please provide the name of the alternate group.

Supporting documentation please.

Supporting documentation please. Or, is this you imagination running wild?

Did Saul, on the road to Damascus exercise his free will by asking Christ to save him?

#137 Wesley Briggman, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea we do it is called Christian

19. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Therefore, anyone who does not endorse free will is by default not a child of God?

20. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you realize how much people hate God from birth, and that they cannot recognize the true Christ but only worship idols, then Calvinism is the only bible doctrine that makes sense. You need to understand sin before you can understand grace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.