1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinism VS Arminianism Comparison Chart by L. Boettner

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 1689Dave, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes we do "born again Christians"
    Born again Christian.

Here you are wanting me to support your doctrine. Most all Calvinist claim they were saved so they could believe. They are placing Salvation before they even know God.

Running wild LOL:Laugh
    How else could your false doctrine be explained.I'll use this. Your false doctrine of total depravity demands all men are dead in sin and cannot respond to the gospel. So you have to be saved or regenerated in order to understand after you are saved if you can't understand you can't have faith because Faith comes by hearing the gospel. Although some how the moment you are saved you know all about Jesus and have faith. What a load of bull.

By the way Paul submitted to Christ when he asked the lord what He would have Him do. That is a willing will to serve the Lord. The Bible never says we have to ask it just says to;
    Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
    Belief come first
    MB

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 5:15 PM Pacific.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See this is the problem with calvies/reformed whatever flavor you are. You look at every post as if it is us against them. So you could not help yourself but to put words in my mouth I did not say nor intend to say. Let's be clear, I do not mince my words. I am always clear and if I had wanted to say that I would have said that exactly.

Good grief, a clear example of why it is so difficult to have a decent discussion on this board.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong Calvinism in many way is just like JW's SDA and Mormonism All of which are man made doctrines according to the interpretation of men. No one, who cannot hear or understand, understands sin or, Grace, according to your own doctrines. Calvinism steps on the neck of man and tells him he can't go to heaven because there is already too many Calvinist there and they don't want heaven to be over crowded. Calvinism is all about self and everyone who isn't a Calvinist can go to hell. Calvinist could care less. After all if God doesn't care why should they
    There is no love of your neighbors. There is only love of self. Calvinism is a very sad doctrine of deception.
    MB

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to understand the power of God's word before you can understand grace.

6. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need scripture to refute Calvinism. It has not been done yet since Augustine first debated the issues. The Council of Ephesus found Augustine was right and they condemned Pelagianism as heresy. All theologies beside Calvinism are pelagian in principle.

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It speaks the new birth into existence and faith follows.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, in principle everyone who is not a calvinist is a heretic?

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No no that is not what it says, it says the word is preached, then it is believed then we are saved.

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saved? Perhaps. Heretic? yes according to the Council of Ephesus in 431.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong. Here's what the Bible says about this:

John 20:31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Ephesians 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No council has authority to pronounce anyone to be a Heretic
    MB
    l

13. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who does not understand free will is being used of the Devil to impugn God as the originator of Sin, is lost or ignorant of being used or both

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've already disproved Calvinism for it's true lack of scriptural support.
    As far as freewill the Bible clearly teaches;
    2Co_8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
    Think about it your not being willing can send you where you clearly do not wish to go. If a man does not have willingness He does not have Salvation.
    Being willing is not a work but is what the worker needs to be saved.
    MB

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1689Dave;
    The reason I contend for the truth is that I worry about the Calvinist soul. Deception is a horrible thing you may not be able to escape. I have prayed for you that the Calvinist blindfold would be lifted so you could see clearly. I know it's hard to admit when you are wrong.
    MB

16. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made no charges, I simply asked a question. Mitch, you must have large shoulders to be able to carry all those chips around.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.