1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Candace Owens blows the entire George Floyd story to pieces

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I came around the corner in a city in Texas the other day and I saw about 30 young white people demonstrating and holding up the usual signs like "BLM" and "Justice for George Floyd". I would have loved to been able to stop with a picture of Mr. Dorn and ask them if his life mattered.

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly her point. Protestors are incensed by the actions of the police officer (we all are), but strangely silent on the death of David Dorn. Why? I have my suspicions, but Candace is wondering why an upstanding good man, 77 years old, is not celebrated, nor even known about in the black community. Yet Floyd, who held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly while robbing her, is celebrated with a huge funeral? Why is this? Maybe some of the dissenters here can answer.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does not fit the mantra that Trump must go chant!

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed.

5. Calminian

Site Supporter

The same thought has crossed my mind. I'd like to go up to the white people with signs about white silence. I'd like to ask what they think of David Dorn. If they shrug, I'd like to scold them about their "white silence."

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Black thugs are forcing whites to kneel and admit sins done against Blacks, are they not doing their own version of "master slave" thing?

7. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    David Dorn’s life did matter.

www.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/03/us/david-dorn-st-louis-police-shot-trnd/index.html

March held to honor Police Captain David Dorn who was killed by looters

He was honoured as a man who died doing his job and his killer is being hunted by law enforcement. This is the justice system working. Protesting that has no value.

Lloyd’s death represented a justice system not working. If it was not caught on video, there was a good chance chauvin would be back in uniform soon after a light investigation. His attitude on the video was that of someone who has gotten away with abuse of power many times before. That is a justice system not working and something protests can change.

8. Calminian

Site Supporter

9. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, she talked about that lie also. You really need to listen to the video. She gives facts and statistics that are very inconvenient.

Unarmed killings by police are at record lows. Only 30 in 2019, and 20 were of whites. Only 10 black unarmed killings. Most had overwhelming video and witness corroboration exonerating most of the cops. In the remaining cases, cops were charged. There's even a couple where the cops maybe should not have been charged.

Tucker Carlson, if you're really interested in this supposed "injustice", breaks down all ten of the incidents in 2019. If truth matters to you, you'll take a listen.

Also, this bonus question. What about the injustice blacks are suffering from fellow citizens. Thousands killed every year (not just 10) by citizens. Others assaulted. You can call it citizen brutality. Why are whites so silent about this?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Because you asked nicely I did watch. She is a very articulate speaker which some may confuse with having good logical arguments. But I have addressed them already.

Floyd is not being remembered because of his life but his death. And it is being remembered because it represents the injustice that so many others have suffered. Yes a lot of them have been black but some whites too and do I need to mention Hispanics, Asians, America Indian, Arabic, South Asian, you get the point. But by far it is blacks in the US.

The David Dorns get their justice and memorials. The Floyds do not. That is why there is protest.

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

Do you have any evidence of these injustices? Did you also listen to Tucker brake all the incidents down? Does that sound like injustice to you? Do facts matter, or are they an inconvenience?

Also, this bonus question (which I think you missed). What about the injustice blacks are suffering from fellow citizens? Thousands killed every year (not just 10) by citizens, fellow blacks. Others assaulted. What about citizen brutality? Why are white liberals so silent about this? Year and year, thousands of deaths. Black police officers are also dying. Why the white liberal silence? Only conservatives like Trump speak out on this issue. Why is that?

This was all in the video, BTW.

#31 Calminian, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, he did all those things she said. According to evidence, testimony, and pictures - he also appreciated ministry groups who came to his horrible section of Houston and tried to work with young people there. He said, 'They need God" according to mission workers there and helped them.

Was he perfect? No. Did he have troubles and problems? Yes. Did he commit crimes? Yes.

He went to jail for threatening the pregnant woman. He paid for that.

Now that his crimes are laid out one-by-one, what bigger price do you want him to pay for them than he has already paid last week.

Is his being dead not enough?

13. Calminian

Site Supporter

Hmmm. More white silence about David Dorn. Wonder why? I ask, because the video Candace made was largely about why he's ignored. Why do you think that is? You didn't even mention him. I highly doubt you'd consider protesting for him. Why?

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Tucker’s point wasn’t even original. He plagiarized it from Larry Elder. And politifact already debunked it.

PolitiFact - Larry Elder mislabels statistics on fatal shootings by police

A few of points:
    1. That criteria would not include Floyd who was not shot
    2. It also does not include off duty cop killings
    3. when you compare that with the number of White folks killed the same way, you realize how disproportionate it is.
    4. Does not include all the other injustice that does not result in death

15. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know who that is. I had to Google him. I recognized his picture and story. I just did not know his name.

Yes, it makes me mad and it's so evil and unjust. Maybe you could start a thread about him.

I watched Candace' video yesterday. I agree with her that George Floyd is not a martyr.

She extolled all of his bad. All I am saying is that none of those things demanded what happened to him.

I'm sure that we could extoll the virtues of David Dorn. It won't make a dent to the killers and looters who don't care. As I understand, several people have died in the looting and riots.

Their insanely tragic deaths do not make George Floyd death a good thing. That's all I am saying.

16. Calminian

Site Supporter

Great. So, assuming politifact is correct, please share the evidence that this injustice of police murdering blacks on a genocide level is correct? Where is your positive data? Did politifact offer this? Your post is very vague, just saying the Tucker left out some details.

Your plagiary charge, BTW, is kind of hilarious. Both got their date from the WaPo database. I guess you believe WaPo is also lying.

But please lay out the facts for us. Why do you believe what you believe?

Also, Candace cited a very inconvenient statistic, that cops are 38 times more likely to be murdered than unarmed citizens. Does this move you to be concerned about the injustice they endure? Or are you still indifferent about injustice?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Calminian

Site Supporter

I did. You're in it.

Candace compared Floyd and Dorn. I'm glad you're now speaking up about him. Black officers and all officers are targets for murder. Yet they're being maligned over the actions of a vast few.

#37 Calminian, Jun 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Calminian

Site Supporter

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Tucker and Elder are trying to say that unarmed black shootings is a small minor nothing and folks are making a big deal about nothing. That is false because they intentionally left out data and context for their flawed argument.

Yes tucker plagarized the entire idea from Elder, including his data source.

Yes police deaths are sad. But they put the whole force of the justice system at work to get justice when it happens. Protest will not make that better.

20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you mean the justice system is not working? The last I heard 1 cop was charged within 4 days and the other 3 several days after that. Everyone conveniently forgets the great strides we have made in this country as regards race and justice.

The Attorney General of Minnesota is a black man. We have had 2, not one, but 2 black AG's of the United States. In all our major cites there are black prosecutors, black Judges, black defense lawyers. There are numerous black local officials, from the dog catcher on up to state legislators.

In the Congress there are many black Congress members and in the U.S. Senate there are several black Senators. I reject the notion that somehow black people in America cannot get justice. Black people are part of the making of our laws and if black people are not getting any justice it's not just whitey to blame.

#40 Adonia, Jun 5, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1